MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Possible ride out/meet in the Dales

Possible ride out/meet in the Dales (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Possible ride out/meet in the Dales (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Possible ride out/meet in the Dales

An excellent video Geoff and really good quality .........Thanks for showing it

Update Reply
Herne @ 11/04/2009 14:39  

That video certainly gave justice to the Dales, nice one Geoff It's great to be able to take time out (instead of concentrating on riding), I can enjoy the view now Thanks to all that turned up and sorry to those others that missed the ride. As I said before, if anyone ever fancies a run through the Dales in my capable hands (lol) then just give me a shout and we can meet up. Next time Cassie will be on her bike, so the invitation to all 125 riders and newbies is there. Cassie got some fantastic pictures (we even got one where Geoff said not to look down in his video) and the majority of the ones were taken from the pillion seat of the bike. Should get them on tonight and will post when they're downloaded. Finally getting my appetite back now after that huge portion of grub at the Penny Garth in Hawes, can definitely reommend the place to anyone (try the gammon). Blueboy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 15:02  

Thanks to everyone for their friendly welcome and great company. Really good to meet you all. An excellent day out for me. Left home at 7.00am and back home at 6.15pm. Just over 300 miles. Prizes all round: Blue as tour guide and organizer Cassie for lovely accent Roachy for sticking with it and on her new bike Geof for his video skills CW for being tail end Charlie and making sure no one got lost. Would love to do it all again.

Update Reply
napoleon @ 11/04/2009 15:26  

I think the prize has to go to you Richard for most miles! 300!!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 11/04/2009 16:10  

Just watched video Geoff-----Great......now got to get me one of those camera's!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 17:42  

We want one of those camers as as well, please. Where can you buy one from?

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 11/04/2009 17:50  

The camera is called an Oregon Scientific 2k Action Cam and I believe they are around £70 complete with a range of brackets etc. Roachy has a friend who has one with a bracket for a bike and this could come with the camera also .. not sure. I got mine off ebay for around £30 (just the camera and a velcro strap) as a lot of people seem to be selling them after buying better quality action cams including the 2k's replacement, the 5k which has a little screen for on camera playback etc. Sound isn't that good, but then again as far as action cams go it's pretty cheap. It is however waterproof, this was confirmed yesterday lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 11/04/2009 18:55  

Will have to look out for one Geoff,videos awesome,get your finger out and get a soundtrack sorted though. Many thanks to all involved yesterday,yet another fantastic ride out.Great company,great scenery and great grub Napoleon,thanks so much for coming all the way over,it really was a pleasure to meet you and enjoy your company and we're looking forward to the return leg. Craig,a pleasure as always buddy and thank you sooo much for the coffee at Devils bridge,was def needed by then.When you gonna sort out a route up your way then? Rachael,you truly surpassed yourself,was well impressed by your bottle.I know a few guys who would love b*lls as big as yours, am looking forward to joining you next time. I don't think i'm talking to you Geoff,i told you not to take your breeks off,but you do get my reluctant admiration for your 'now you see it,now you don't' sausage snaffle. All in all a fantastic day,when we doing it again?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 20:47  

Well, after much resizing and downloading pictures, you all might like to check out the pics.... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=414 ....and I hope those that couldn't make it aren't too envious . I can say for certain that there will be a next time, so any that couldn't make it can come out to play. My baby bro (who has just joined the site) has said he'll gladly help co-lead the next ride-out so that will let me stick with the 125 & newbie riders whilst he can go have some 'fun' with the faster riders.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 11/04/2009 22:39  

I'll be more than happy to do my tail end charlie for the 125 and newbie riders, in fact looking forward to helping out where can.. Plenty of fast rides if needed later in year or when I.m on my own..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 23:02  

Nice pics cassie, if the dales can look that good on a bad day it should be a great turn out for next one!!!! might have helmet cam for 125/newbies, looking now on ebay

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 23:10  

and I hope those that couldn't make it aren't too envious Envious? Me? - not a bit of it! (Just sick as a parrot)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2009 17:41  

never mind XK, i,ve no doubt there will be another one soon... and no centre stand to catch anymore!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2009 20:19  

Great piccies Cassie! Didn't realise you'd got so many of us behind you though. Looking forward to the next one and Craig, you get my vote for minding tails anytime!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 12/04/2009 22:26  

nice one Rachael, wont be going anywhere unless geoff has his waterproof trews on though!! sunny or not!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2009 22:52  

I am thinking of glueing my waterproof keks onto my leathers for safety's sake!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 13/04/2009 08:26  

At least we should be guaranteed dry weather if you do that Geoff!! and maybe even sunshine!! pack the shades everyone!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2009 10:02  

Hey Geoff, just seen your vid, looks like you all had a great day out. Good pics too Cassie! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! Hope to make the next one with you all!

Update Reply
Karey @ 13/04/2009 17:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email