MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Possible ride out/meet in the Dales

Possible ride out/meet in the Dales (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Possible ride out/meet in the Dales (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Possible ride out/meet in the Dales

cant do this one either as gotta take my lad up to scotland..have a good one folks and ride safe

Update Reply
meza95 @ 06/04/2009 21:40  

OK while all the excuses are coming out. I can't make it either. I'm having a new car delivered on Friday. So, enjoy it anyway.

Update Reply
timhall @ 06/04/2009 22:51  

Working !!! Can't even thro a sicky , boss's dad lives jus down the road from me .

Update Reply
fastjock @ 06/04/2009 23:06  

I'd love to join you folks but sadly funds non existent till after Easter So Duke will sit and sulk on the drive as all those other "big boys" go howling past mine all weekend Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/04/2009 01:26  

would love to but on my way to East Leeds Lions rally, maybe next time

Update Reply
petervalk @ 07/04/2009 21:27  

last nightshift tonight, finish at 6am in morn so will still be there... I'll be the one drinking several black coffee's in services!! need to keep awake!!....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2009 15:59  

The weather men, in their infinite wisdom, have decided it's going to be heavy rain tomorrow . We'll still be braving the elements and will be at Scotch Corner services at 10:30, although we'll totally understand if anyone decides to give it a miss. We're always up for a tootle through the Dales, so I can easily arrange a repeat of this ride out for another day so that all you lucky people who are either working or going to the East Leeds Lions rally (lucky bu££ers) can enjoy this ride.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 09/04/2009 22:15  

fookin rain! but we're british ..we can put up wiv it!! Have a great time, all you doin the Dales run..and I hope to join you on the next one,,, riding myself ..hopefully !! Tek care.. have a great weekend!

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/04/2009 22:47  

you too Karey and keep a tight rain on DC you know what she's like for going walkabout. 10.30 see you at scotch corner.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 09/04/2009 22:53  

lol..Will do Kenn...altho shes more than a handful.. i will have my work cut out lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/04/2009 22:57  

i dont know what you both mean!!!!!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 09/04/2009 22:59  

pmsl...yehhhhhh rite !!

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/04/2009 23:03  

OMG torrential rain in aggrogate, hope youve all got your waterproofs and thermals.... take care everyone

Update Reply
julie j @ 10/04/2009 17:19  

Back everyone....great day..despite the weather, company was excellent as always, great ride and roads and nice journey back through skipton, arrogate! withrain, and nice stroll up a1 home (honest officer, was sure I was looking at 100 KPH not mph)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2009 20:22  

222miles in total. had a great day and lifted my spirit a bit...... Thanks to everyone, Blueboy for being our tour leader for today, obviously backed up by cassie!!!!Thank you both... Thanks for joining us Napoleon, hope you enjoyed the dales and arrived home safely, nice to meet you>>>>>>>>>>> Geoff and Roachy, great company as expected,,, And last but not least Well done Roachy for wanting to do the full ride in not so good weather conditions, (my mates would have turned back hours earlier) Geoff's tuition is obviously working Really good end to a terrible week for me, cheers everyone

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2009 20:56  

We're back home safely too. 210 miles, pretty good for a day out in less than perfect weather. Saying this, I do think looking back at it that the weather gremlins were looking elsewhere for most of the day. Pretty horrible weather riding up the A1 to Scotch Corner after which it cleared up fairly well until around Buttertubs. Putting my leggings back on at Devils Bridge worked it's "Waterproof Law" magic as the rain eased for the ride home .... mostly! All in all though, a brilliant day over some fantastic roads. Well done and many thanks to Blueboy and Cassie for arranging it. The first of many I hope. I'll sort that vid out as well and get that posted soon.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 10/04/2009 21:37  

I nominate that on next ride out, even if sunny, you put waterproof's straight on Geoff, they seem to do the trick!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2009 21:50  

Aforementioned video. Had tried to get it down to five minutes, but it was hard, so it stands at around nine instead. Good though. You need to allow it to load after you press play, which shouldn't take long dependant on your connection speed. Password if asked is "bikermatch" http://www.vimeo.com/4103051

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 11/04/2009 13:37  

Finally can get to this thread! Had a fab day out, really enjoyed it. Sorry for slowing you all down but I expected to be part of the 125/newbie rider clan, (next time Cassie!). The video is good although next time Geoff needs to move around a bit so everyone gets filmed! Cracking day out and I didn't even mind getting soggy for it but I'm with you Craig, never let Geoff take his waterproofs off!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 11/04/2009 13:41  

Shame I couldn't make it. Still, Tan Hill to look forward to.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 14:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email