MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Helmet screens!!

Helmet screens!! - Forums [Biker Match] Helmet screens!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Helmet screens!!

Karey has come up with a wonderful idea & I'm surprised no one has come up with it!! Is there any electronics guru's out there who can modify a helmet or modify something that can be stuck on the back of a riders helmet so that pillions can watch a movie or whatever on the long boring motorway journeys?? I know we've got ipods etc to listen to music, but what about being able to watch something aswell...like kids have in the back of cars on the back of the front seats??? Comments please? **..........ps - are we there yet??..what's this do.....?? ..it was him that started it not me!!.....awwww daaad!! **

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/03/2009 16:06  

wot yu on?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/03/2009 16:08  

lol... You forgot to mention the digital clock on the back of helmets too!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/03/2009 16:09  

hot buns!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/03/2009 16:09  

pmsl!

iPods? iPods???!!!

I sit there making plans for world domination... I thought that's what everyone did?

(Unless it's late and I'm tired, in which case, I have a nice little snooze)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/03/2009 16:09  

you have gotta be kiddin! is it april 1st how can you need more entertainment when on the back of a bike, even if it is motorway, always something to look at, to be honest, i prefer it to riding myself, nothing better than flying through the countryside on the back of a nice big comfy bike!

Update Reply
julie j @ 23/03/2009 16:11  

Actually it can already be done stella. An ipod capable of playing video is all you need, some jackets have an across the shoulderblades "belt" used for adjustment, just clip it that lol. Its that or learn to sing.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/03/2009 16:11  

JJ don't say things like that in front of Kaz!! not after the journey she had yesterday!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/03/2009 16:12  

Heared Goldwings are doing 46" widescreens.............

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 23/03/2009 16:13  

I was just thinking of something to take my mind off the pain (Soz Paul, I really am trying not to mention it again..blame Stella...lol) Don't get me wrong Julie, I LOVE pillion..and yeh you're right there is lots to see, but sometimes the motorways can get monotonous (sp?) same old white line flashing by, you know the thing... lol hmmm 46" ? is that on each side of the fairing?

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/03/2009 16:21  

At least an ETA linked into the GPS, but then again, a watched kettle never boils, lol. Think Ill just put stickers on saying "Thanks for flying Newkair" LOL.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 23/03/2009 16:24  

Kaz, get yr rider to wear a bandolier, but replace the cartridges with miniatures. Then all u need is a very long straw. Shortly afterwards u wont feel the pain!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 16:26  

Anyway Stella, ya would have broke the screen on the BMW with all that headbanging! LOL

Update Reply
Newkid @ 23/03/2009 16:26  

I must admit that when you're clinging on the back of these new fangled sports bikes with the pillion seat up in the air (at speed!!), most of the time you're just trying to keep your head down out of the wind & the option of looking around is pretty nill !(on the motorway I mean) Jim - good idea - but wouldn't it be more interesting/viewable on the back of a helmet?...as I said on these new fangled bikes, all you get to see is the back of your riders helmet anyway cos you're lying over their back clinging on!! **that sounds a bit rood!! **

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/03/2009 16:28  

hey Stu - that was your fault!!!....clumpy gearchanges!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/03/2009 16:29  

lol nice one XK * Have to admit i needed to google 'bandolier' but yep a crossover belt of cartridges filled with minatures sounds good to me* lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/03/2009 16:30  

Noooooo... on t'back of one of them there new fangled sports bikes, you do yer "dog wi'its head out the window" impression!

Trouble is, if your lid's a good tight fit, you end up with aching cheeks from all the grinning...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/03/2009 16:34  

Clunky gear changes, you were banging my head just on the throttle, LOL. What ya want is a clip on periscope, so ya can see whats coming, LOL.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 23/03/2009 16:43  

Hey, thats it, simple and effective with no batteries required, a periscope to go on the riders helmet!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 23/03/2009 16:45  

hfg, i agree wholeheartedly about sports bikes, did see a guy with a mirrored lid the other day, maybe that would work you could just watch your own insane grin all the way home (Or practice your gurning)

Update Reply
julie j @ 23/03/2009 17:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email