MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

OMG, I've Got Old!!

OMG, I've Got Old!! - Forums [Biker Match] OMG, I've Got Old!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

OMG, I've Got Old!!

I have just got back from a 150miles cross country with 40 other bikes and I am totally f+cked!!!!! I had to have a hot bath to try to get out of the riding position without it bringing tears to my eyes, it wasn't like this when I put the bike away in October!! Obviously I need to get out a lot more, the house work will just have to wait a few months now

Update Reply
hdbabe @ 22/03/2009 16:27  

I did 60 miles yesterday and needed an afternoon kip pmsl

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 22/03/2009 17:59  

jeeees. Hopefully it's just the spring cobwebs and ull be fine by summer

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/03/2009 18:53  

i have my litle old lady kip every day. from about 7-9pm then go to bed at ten for my big kip and i dont even go out anywhere to warrant it,i reckon its coz im gettin on a bit

Update Reply
stmarysloch @ 22/03/2009 19:17  

if i slept from 7-9 then i'd never get to sleep again until 3am

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/03/2009 19:20  

typical kid!!!remember tryin to keep mine awake so's they'd go through the night!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/03/2009 19:24  

when you get to my age matt you will kip more and dribble aswell he he

Update Reply
stmarysloch @ 22/03/2009 19:46  

I'm sorry, I don't understand this thread.

What is this "house work" of which you speak?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/03/2009 21:46  

I think she must be a builder Wannabe!

Update Reply
shooter @ 22/03/2009 21:58  

Of course you could always try a bike with a sensible riding position HD, you know one where your feet can take some of the weight....... I tried a Harley for a year and found I got horrendous lower back pain after a hundred miles or so, I like the look, I like the sound, never managed to get on with the riding position.

Update Reply
prof @ 22/03/2009 22:03  

House work is something to do in the winter when the bikes off the road, I spring clean at christmas so that I can go out to play in the spring!!!!!

Update Reply
hdbabe @ 22/03/2009 22:06  

Wannabe, I think it's the same 'house work' that I get told I must be doing. There's a vacuum cleaner and an electric iron somewhere in the house, must look up their instruction books one day.

I had no probs going the 200-odd mile round trip to Bassets Pole on the bike a few weeks ago, but the same length of trip to Bridgnorth and back last weekend took a lot out of me for some reason. I find now that after a couple of hours or so I get shooting pains in my left wrist and pains in the knuckle of the middle finger of the left hand whenever I have to use the clutch. Either I'm seizing up, or I just need to be on the bike more so as to get a bit of fitness back, but at the moment it's a PITA. Well, hand more like.

Update Reply
Wills @ 22/03/2009 22:45  

Did you say bike off the road during winter??? Go and stand in the naughty corner. some of the best riding to be had is during the winter months.

Update Reply
Phil @ 22/03/2009 22:52  

No, I'm sorry Wills, your post hasn't aided my understanding in the least. "Iron"? That must be one of these famed "4 letter words" I've heard so much about!

*serious head*

Shooting pains sounds like it's possibly a nerve problem (even though it's only happening after a couple of hours' riding)... might it be worth trying to adjust riding position/handlebar height/clutch lever angle? (I'm a bit ignorant as to how much or what adjusting is actually possible!)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/03/2009 22:52  

Oh hang on a mo. some of the best riding to be has is because the Sunday loonies have taken their bikes off the road. Probably because they are wimps and leather romper suits ain't that warm lol

Update Reply
Phil @ 22/03/2009 22:54  

HD I know what you mean, after the Quatford meet up and ride out when I got home I could have just put my head down on my arms while sitting at the table and gone straight to sleep, I was suprised just how tired the ride had made me. I put it down to it being my first long journey for a while and also riding with people I had never ridden with before I think it took more concentration.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 22/03/2009 23:10  

The Vinnies were at treat prof (a little emzed magic ?) Thanks for a BM (bloody marvellous!) grand day out Grommet Got back safe an sound after a 280 mile round trip , not bad for a first ride out since October !! Of to bed now, think I've earned a kip tonite Em ( first posted on Sun BM meet thread!!) Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 22/03/2009 23:36  

PMSL @ PP's Leather Romper Suit comment!! Classic!! Really sorry you didn't make it yesterday Phil, I was looking forward to meeting you and your mount. I gather from another post you had battery problems - hope that's easily (and cheaply) sorted.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/03/2009 08:18  

crikey peep's younger than me gettin all these 'pain's'i admit i need foreward controls cos i get a hip joint pain in the 'sport' riding position but i had that even as a 'younger man' and am often stretching me leg out after 50 miles or so easy to do with foreward peg's,! i notice slight misjudgements after about 80 or so miles so it's coffee and cake time i dont think people take enough break's soldiering on like real men!!back pain can be caused by to hard shock's,hard seat,and handlebar position as well ie, leaning to far foreward so a different style bar could help.

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/03/2009 08:36  

Leather Romper Suits...

aka Saggy Bottom People

Update Reply
vinnie @ 23/03/2009 08:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email