MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scooters !!!

Scooters !!! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Scooters !!! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scooters !!!

Our show we put on down here is for custom bikes and custom scooters and they are a decent bunch of people. I'll pass your feelings on to them. Sure they will be more than happy to discuss the matter.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2009 23:54  

HaHaha my Daddys bigger than yours

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2009 23:56  

Jeez ain't heard that since i was at school.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2009 23:57  

Think that was maybe the last time i said time is said it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2009 00:03  

All right I admit it, the first bike I rode on British roads was a Lambretta. A mate's, no licence, no insurance, but I got away with it.
Didn't ride a scooter again until a couple of years back when I had a go on a big Suzuki 650cc jobbie. Now that's a bit weird - very comfy, goes like manure of a shovel, but still feels a strange beast. If the controls were more bike like with the rear brake foot operated I'd have been a bit happier.
Loadsa scoots in Ironbridge on Sunday. Thought crossed my mind that if one of em switched all his lights on at once he'd fry his battery in a matter or seconds!

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/03/2009 00:19  

And what about that woman grabbing a photo opportunity and leaping on that bloke's bike in Ironbridge????!!!

Couldn't believe the gall of the woman!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/03/2009 00:24  

aahh the old day's of 'mod's an rocker's' all comin back courtesy of Cassie the hedge witch!!may peace be with you!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 17/03/2009 00:24  

We all have a skeleton in the closet Wills,we still love ya tho buddy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2009 00:25  

If she'd jumped on my bike 'twould have been the perfect ice breaker to conversation with a very fit young and exotic lady!

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/03/2009 00:53  

lol!

OK... so pretend she wasn't a beautiful young woman... imagine she'd been a complete moose... still a perfect ice-breaker?!

I'd be furious if anyone leaped on my bike without so much as a "by your leave"... exotic or otherwise

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/03/2009 08:31  

Erm... my imaginary bike... *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/03/2009 08:34  

Nothing wrong with the right type of scoot thanks! Come to Santa Pod with me, you'll see at least 2 scoots beat some of the bikes up the strip. You'd be suprised what speed a good drag scoot can get up to.

Update Reply
Di @ 17/03/2009 21:19  

Never wished harm on any of the riders Tango buddy,anyway,i'm a witch not an angel

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2009 22:39  

Stopped at Anstruther yesterday with 2 riding buddies (and their wives) having fish and chips by the harbour when about 20 or 30 scooters rolled in.... They looked real cool trundling down the street and everybody was watching and smiling as they made their way into the car park and completely surrounded our bikes. After a while we made our way back to the bikes and had a chat with them - you couldn't have met a greater bunch of people! Average age about 40, I would have said with and fantastic sense of humour and exactly the right spirit towards other bikers. Some beutiful custom scoots there too - especially the Spiderman one! I think they rode down from Dundee and a couple of them had Lone Sharks Scooter Club patches on - so if you are reading this guys, look forward to catching up with you some other time! p.s. first time I have ever been cheered when I started my Harley up!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/03/2009 10:26  

Thats a really observation/post TC Good t know that some of us are making friends with other PTW riders I talk to moped riders, they mite b the next generation of bikers and we need to set a good example for them to adopt Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/03/2009 14:03  

Nice one TC... I too love a custom scooter... actually, I pretty much love a custom anything, if I'm honest...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/03/2009 14:17  

I have been buzzing around on a scooter today made a lot of differance from the panic of trying to find out which hand is doing what and trying to suss out what gear i was in Going out on the road tomorrow to put it to the test but if it was anything like in the training area i should hopfully have passed my CBT no problem
Then once i have gained enough confidence on the roads and feel better in myself i can always upgrade to a 125 bike
I've had a really good day today dont feel gutted anymore
And also still need to get my dream pink harley lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 14:43  

Well done sweet I tried a scooter while I was doing my CBT, but it weren't for me. But it's a good idea for you to use it for your road work, and get used to handling it, without having to worry about gears, at this stage. Have fun tomorrow ...and start saving for that pink Harley!

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/03/2009 15:04  

Cheers Karey
I've basically done all my lessons on a 125 but i've been out on the road twice now and its when i come to the roundabouts i get all panicky and mess up with my gears
It was after having been round the training area a few times on a scooter i felt a lot better in my self than i did yesterday
Dont get me wrong i want a motor bike in the near future but i just think its going to save me money and get my confidence on the roads a lot faster on a scooter Especially as i have never rode a bike on my own or drove a car

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 15:12  

Sounds spot on Sweet - you need to build your confidence and road awareness and a scooter will help you do that, before you have to throw all that hand/foot co-ordination into the mix.

You'll get there. You've got the determination for sure! And we're all rooting for you

I might have to accidentally spray paint your pink harley in black though - oops sorry!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/03/2009 15:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email