MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

snake pass

snake pass  - Forums [Biker Match] snake pass  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

snake pass

what a nice day for flying down the snake pass

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 15/03/2009 07:26  

Glad you've posted that today and not yesterday! I rode home on Thursday after my test on Snake Pass and nearly got blown off the road!! Enjoy yourself but not so much that you get nicked. It was a funny sight to see...a little 125 being followed by a 1300 being followed by a stream of cars....oh the shame!! *Oh and on the last hill down into Glossop I ran out of petrol but managed to turn the reserve to on and keep going...but don't tell anyone*

Update Reply
Roachy @ 15/03/2009 08:42  

but you passed and thats all that matters..now for a bigger bike eh!!

Update Reply
meza95 @ 15/03/2009 09:03  

Heh now its time for shopping roachy, find something easy to restrict. I would recommend a 535 virago, cos I like viragos, they are cheap, easy to restrict, de-restrict ;). Also good to get more experience and confidence on, again I am biased, my first bike was a virago(okay it was an 11) and at the time it felt fast, but now I know its not, but i gained so much confidence and experience and though I felt like i was riding fast I wasnt really by sports bike standards.

Update Reply
tamaz @ 15/03/2009 13:37  

Wotz Snake Pass

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2009 18:58  

the snake pass is a famous road that links shefield to glossop its very twisty and quite demanding and it can catch you out

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 15/03/2009 20:34  

And it gets snowed in a lot http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl zoom in to the west (left) of Sheffield and you will see the pass. Make sure that you have the map set to satellite and you will see the pass. it is a good run but can catch you out and it is also a major route and so you get stuck behind tucks a lot.

Update Reply
Phil @ 15/03/2009 22:10  

A57

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/03/2009 23:04  

Thank you broadening my knowledge once again

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2009 08:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email