MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Race for Life

Race for Life - Forums [Biker Match] Race for Life - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Race for Life

Last year I said I was going to do the Race for Life but wasn't sure if I believed what I was saying to myself as never done anything like this before and my fitness levels are the lowest they have ever been.(also my weight is at its heaviest) Until my bike accident I was at the gym about 4 times a week and haven't now done anything for about 4yrs. Well I have decided to believe in what I said to myself and have decided I will be doing the event at Sutton Park on 12th July so if anyone would like to sponsor me I would be really grateful, it doesn't matter how much even if its 10p thats fine as I know so many people are having a hard time at the moment.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 03/03/2009 12:14  

Go for it girl!!! Must admit, I should do something like that but I get shinsplints whenever I try & run!! you should set up a JustGiving site & we can sponsor you from there .... ...have you started training for it yet??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/03/2009 12:39  

You should try stilts Stella ......... Ducks!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/03/2009 13:44  

errrr Pot calling kettle!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/03/2009 17:32  

HG thanks for the encouragement, I have started training, I am losing weight at a nice steady pace and also doing lots of walking, I wouldn't be able to run it this year but maybe next year so I am just going to walk it this time. I am going to set up a justgiving site in the next couple of weeks and will then ask Matt if he minds if I put a link on the bm site.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 03/03/2009 18:43  

I'm loosing weight as well. I blame the kebab! I will happily sponsor you CG. £1.99 less taxes, p&p, admin, handling and the danger money refund for opening my wallet. Thats 10pence you've earned! lol

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 03/03/2009 20:28  

I will sponser you cg, so thats another 10p 4 ya

Update Reply
drobess @ 04/03/2009 22:47  

If you can manage all the way round without your zimmer frame I will sponsor you. Me finx I'm on to a winner here! Go gal Go xxxxx

Update Reply
moonstone @ 05/03/2009 00:42  

Thanks for that moonstone, I might just suprise you I now have wheels on it, get your purse out. ps missed you last night.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 05/03/2009 20:21  

right here is an incentive for you CG...at the meet on the 15th March i am gonna run an auction...the proceeds of which will go to your Run for Life if you complete the full course...if not they will go to the local air ambulance instead..should be fun this LOL will be a listin under AUCTION in a bit lol Paul

Update Reply
meza95 @ 06/03/2009 20:24  

Thanks Paul I am so choked, that is so kind of you. I will certainly complete it but won't be running it as I am awaiting MRI and xray on my knee from my bike accident so some days I have to dose up on pain killers to ease it. Hope me only walking it won't change your very kind offer.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 06/03/2009 21:18  

C G Good luck with the fund raising and I hope you'll be back to full health soon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/03/2009 12:49  

Thanks kwak. I will hopefully do well with my fund raising considering I have never done anything needing sponsering before I am getting a bit cheeky in asking people, I have even got the salesman from DFS to agree to sponsor me as I said I would buy a sofa of him if he did. (I was going to buy it anyway but he didn't need to know) Turns out he is a biker to.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 08/03/2009 21:46  

I did the race for life a few years ago and i ran and walked!, Just make sure you run over the finish line for any waiting cameras!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2009 17:04  

Nice tip LC will bare that in mind.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 09/03/2009 18:52  

make sure u dont 4get 2 take yr zimmer frame cg u mite need it by the finish

Update Reply
drobess @ 09/03/2009 21:11  

was hoping you would be standing at the finish line with it for me drob

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 09/03/2009 21:44  

put me down for a fiver cg i will sort you at matlock when i see you

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 11/03/2009 21:28  

Thanks gb thanks very kind of you. I presume you mean a fiver for sponsor money and not expecting to pay me a fiver to sort me out in my tent at Matlock. lol

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 12/03/2009 19:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email