MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Aviemore

Aviemore - Forums [Biker Match] Aviemore - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Aviemore

Ok peeps. This is just a feeler at the moment to see who would be genuinely interested. I am considering arranging a long weekend or similar in Scotland for BM members this summer. My plan was to meet at Scotch Corner from where we'd travel north along some of the best roads Britain has to offer up to Aviemore in the Highlands (just south of Inverness/Nairn), where we'd stay for three/four nights, before heading back south. Price is liable to be around £150 B&B for a room (for up to 2 people) for three nights (more obviously for four), but may be able to get a better price if there is a number of us. Using Aviemore as a base, you can tour a good number of the best biking areas of the Mid-Highlands, including Loch Ness, Glen Coe, Isle of Skye and the excellent Applecross ring. Everyone's welcome and it could be used as a good introduction to motorcycle touring for those that have never tried it. Let me know if you are interested.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/03/2009 14:16  

oHHHh I would SOOOOO be up for this - probably not on my 'ickle L plated 125 mind you! but if there's a spare pillion going???

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/03/2009 14:22  

Liking the idea, Geoff. My thoughts are: Make the base further west Make it a week

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2009 14:38  

I would love to do this too!! Very much so!.. One of my dreams! BUT... I would need to beg a pillion too?!?! Not sure I could do a week tho... Will keep any eye on this thread

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/03/2009 15:13  

any eye? how many u got?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2009 15:35  

pmsl ! ooops I meant AN eye ..i only have the one, yours truly Cyclops !

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/03/2009 15:58  

ooo yes pls,think i might be able to wobble me way to scotland but need to plan well in advance and 3 days better than a week, wouldnt mind camping to keep costs down, im hoping to move house this yr and will need all my spare pennies

Update Reply
julie j @ 02/03/2009 17:00  

good idea geoff, wish i was over in the UK to take part. Make sure u got ur waterproofs tho lol. Pillion-ing is good too cos u can split fuel costs etc on such a long trip. When you have some basic details proposed, bung it up in the events calendar and get the attendance/lift requests going. If I can, i might even get a ferry over myself

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/03/2009 18:07  

sounds like a plan Geoff could be up for this one will keep both eyes on this

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2009 18:33  

lol @ Rifraf... can i borrow one of yours if i need mine?

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/03/2009 18:34  

you can't watch everything.And yes you can there no good to me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2009 18:38  

lol.. well im goin for mine checked on Wednesday.. I bet theyve only got stripes left tho... I agree with Julie, i wouldn't mind campin either to keep the cost down.

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/03/2009 18:43  

only problem with that is all the kit you have to take. no trailers and kitchen sinks.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2009 19:23  

ok..no kitchen sinks.. we'll give u men a couple of days off !

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/03/2009 20:07  

oooooo eye count me in pls....might have spare seat too, i'll keep watchin this space

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 02/03/2009 20:18  

Kitchen sink Karey! how about you keeping my bike clean and polished. Im up for it some fantastic campsites and 3 days is not alot of time. You are looking at around 250 to 300 miles a day to inverness. Will see how this pans out. Nice to here your still around Stella.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 02/03/2009 20:29  

eyup Kenn - where you been?????

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/03/2009 20:34  

Me im always around some where. how you going on. are you up for this one then, and youv got your own bike now! wow. spring bank may be a good weekend, 25 is bank holiday come on Geof put some idears up.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 02/03/2009 20:44  

errrm...am up for this as a pilly

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/03/2009 20:50  

do you think you can still get on my bike, remember last time! you could bring your nitting though.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 02/03/2009 20:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email