MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Old views/nods

Old views/nods - Forums [Biker Match] Old views/nods - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Old views/nods

Hi Matt Wondering if there a possibility of having a delete button for old Nods and views?

Update Reply
Silvi @ 24/02/2009 13:32  

Spring must have arrived - Silvi's come out of hibernation!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2009 13:48  

you still got some then silvi?(I,d keep them if I were you-you,ll not get any more wearing that jacket-your words not mine!!)

Update Reply
old red @ 24/02/2009 15:31  

yeah delete button wud be gud, not that i get many nods n views but heres hopin

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 25/02/2009 14:43  

views only shows the last 14 days and can't be deleted. Nods can be, i'll look at creating a delete button but it's not the top priority at the moment. Thanks for the suggestion

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2009 17:43  

Awww... I like seeing my old nods/winks - brings back memories... just a shame they drop off the end of the list after a while!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 16/03/2009 20:42  

What would be the chances of having nods and winks Matt,would save a wee bit of confusion.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2009 00:18  

WB - nods dont drop off Cass - sorry but no, too confusing having more than one and it will take up more space to have 2 buttons rather than one for every profile (Take a look at forum posts for example, theres no more room for the extra button now).

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/03/2009 23:26  

They do on mine *sniffs*

I just figured that was the set-up... room for 20 then they drop off the end as you get new ones. The earliest received one I have is from December and I've been here since April... Even if I did tout for a few of 'em in the early days!

It's probably a Mac thing...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/03/2009 01:44  

No it's not a Mac thing, it's the same for me. I can only see the 20 most recent nods.

Update Reply
mat750 @ 18/03/2009 09:33  

Nod or wink doesn't matter what it's called for every one sent there will be as many reasons it was sent. Some folk wink/nod cos they want to see if the other person fancies them too, some wink/nod just to see if the other person is interested in corresponding. It's just too flamin confusing and can be embarrassing. I say do away with it altogether, if a person can't be arsed to type a PM to someone letting them know exactly why they are contacting them then no wonder we're all feckin confused most of the time. IMHO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2009 10:42  

Aha! Thanks Mark

Always nice to know you're not alone in this world

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat Kwak know what I mean? Eh? Eh?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/03/2009 11:50  

I agree with Kwak, but sometimes people are too shy to make the first contact in person! Dont know why personally, cos you know who sent the nod/wink an you can look at their profile whether they've nodded or PM'd you?? Ho Hum each to their own, happy hunting/browsing/chatting. After all it is "SOCIAL" networking site isn't it? Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/03/2009 12:25  

Sending a nod/wink's a good ice-breaker... I've had many a lengthy exchange of PMs that have arisen from thanking someone for pushing my buttons (ooooer missus)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/03/2009 12:32  

I thought standard members couldn't initiate a PM, only reply? So to make their interest known, they would have to rely on the 'nod' button. Anybody clarify?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2009 14:05  

Spot on XK :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/03/2009 16:00  

think your right about the top 20 come to think of it, been a while since i did anything with that code. ok.... standard members can PM full members, whether they've been contacted by the full member or not. Just to clarify. The nod does help people get started though

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/03/2009 17:44  

Ooops my mistake... sorry XK... I thought you were right and PM contact had to be initiated by a full member...

*hangs head in shame*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/03/2009 19:45  

u know something - im not 100% sure now haha. I designed the damn system, but will have to check the code again to remind myself (Will do tomorrow when im home, someone remind me)

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/03/2009 20:55  

Quality!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/03/2009 20:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email