MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

And where exactly do you fit in

And where exactly do you fit in - Forums [Biker Match] And where exactly do you fit in - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

And where exactly do you fit in

Look different, dress the same <<
Collection of photos showing that the more
people try to look like individuals, the more
they tend to conform to a certain look. The
photographers have come up with some pretty good
nicknames for the groups too. It's not just
'goths' and 'townies'.
http://www.exactitudes.com/index.php

Update Reply
vinnie @ 21/02/2009 20:38  

I used to be a goth way back when I was young, thin and had hair. I suppose i just look like an old fat biker fart now, maybe with goth under tones cos i still do the all black with baggy long black shirts, no make up or crimped hair. Could I do a crimped beard I wonder.

Notice that alot of bikers end up thye same, its cos suddenly it becomes whats comfortable on and off the bike, and easy to maintain, because we are most interested in our bikes than our clothes.

Update Reply
tamaz @ 21/02/2009 20:44  

Great stuff Vinnie! Think I might be a Girl from Ipanema.... (and some of those Leathermen look very familiar, mentioning no names....)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 21/02/2009 20:47  

I suppose the thing is - that you fit into any group of people that you feel comfortable with - & 'not fitting into the norm' dosn't mean that you can't fit into any other group of people that isn't the 'standard' norm - if you see what I mean! The thing is with the Human race, is that despite what we all say, we all want to 'fit in' somewhere - we all want/need to be part of some sort of group/tribe - it's instinct & survival **ok -thinks maybe I should stay off the Stella's!! **

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/02/2009 20:49  

you night be right there Tamaz, deffinately dress for comfort, leave the lookin gud bit to my bike, it wins hands down

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 21/02/2009 20:49  

TC why dosn't that surprise me!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/02/2009 20:50  

you still add little touches that is 'you'choice colour of scarf or style of jkt sunglasses etc! colour of lipsttick oop's!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 21/02/2009 21:12  

something you wanna tell us TM??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/02/2009 21:15  

no!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 21/02/2009 21:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email