MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet

Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet

not sure but there is the black bull could be that...

Update Reply
mozif @ 06/02/2009 14:15  

Don't know Karey but if anybody is still interested in going I could nip through to Edinburgh and have a wander round see what there is??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2009 14:53  

Karey - if you walked out of the main entrance to Waverley Station(facing Princes Street gardens) and turned left, the road there is Cockburn Street. It is quite a steep hill and has some good shops on it and a few pubs too, including one just up from the corner - don't know them myself but there are reviews of them on Google and they always seem quite popular when I pass them. Also some sports bars right next to the station too (plus The Edinburgh Dungeons!!). Sweets suggestion of finding somewhere in the Grass Market is good too - plenty of parking down the bottom (plus the opportunity for a Ghost Walk at night....). Once again, I am not familiar with the pubs there but I DO know Frankenstein's very well, which is just up from the Grass Market on George IV Bridge. It is a themed pub (based on Dr Frankenstein's lab complete with monster!) has a great atmosphere, serves good food and has cute staff (of both sexes...). Has parking very near to it opposite the National Museum too.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/02/2009 15:12  

As for biker pubs in that area, only one I could find on Google is: blindbeggar.co.uk

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/02/2009 15:33  

grrrr just typed a reet long answer and lost it !! anyways to cut a long story short.. Moz... yeh im sure it was the Black Bull, we had a reet laff in there, some great ppl. TC..yep i know Cockburn Street, there some good tattoo parlours up there too. And a little pub halfway up a lot of stairs.. called 'The Halfway House' I think.. and the Chinese Buffet place on the Bridge.. Jimmy Choos or sumthing ! lol brilliant!! i had some great times up there last year.. love Edinburry!! OOhhh theres the Black Rose too.. on Rose Street.. i think,, kool pub, had some good afternoons/nights in there. Anyways..back on thread.... I'm liking Sweets idea of the Grass Market area and the Ghost Walk sounds good too. And hopefully get to the MAG rally agen this year, mite even get to Wildcats again.. if i get someone to take me ! lol oooh gettin giddy now!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/02/2009 15:38  

Can you picture a Ghost walk after having a few beers? lol should be well funny have been on a couple of Ghost Tours in Edinburgh had a right laugh and the Dungeons are worth a visit
All we need now is a few more who's interested and get a date sorted
Look forward to it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2009 15:54  

the grassmakets great i like the last drop for me tipple. ive done all the ghost walks and the trip under the city is brill.the night walk takes you to the crypts in greyfriars kirk where owld jock and bobbie are buried and where burke and hare did there digging.

Update Reply
stmarysloch @ 07/02/2009 11:33  

McBump

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/02/2009 21:29  

well all is quiet here is the web site address of the blind beggar www.blindbeggar.co.uk i dont know edinburgh that well so not sure bout somewhere to stay close by... still always bathgate like i said b4... so come on everyone put us scottish bikers on the BM map and get together

Update Reply
mozif @ 10/02/2009 12:09  

Up for a meet in Edinburgh, Grassmarket would be good.

Update Reply
Stevens @ 11/02/2009 07:35  

Wahey,welcome buddy,all crash at yours can we??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2009 09:36  

Im 20mins from edinburgh, so would be great to meet up with you all. Ann

Update Reply
bikebird @ 19/02/2009 13:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email