MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet

Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet - Forums [Biker Match] Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Possible Scotland (Edinburgh) meet

The notion has arose of a meeting somewhere in the Edinburgh area to; a) Kick-start something in the Scotland area for everyone to meet, and b) The chance for some of us in the North of England (or anywhere in Blighty for that matter) to head North and meet our Brethren from the North (a sort of modern day Jocks and the Geordies, if you like) At the moment can we get some suggestions together for possible venues from anyone? Edinburgh sounds like the best option at the moment, simply 'cos it means we don't have to travel too far lol .

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/02/2009 23:42  

wot about the Borders? Hawick? Selkirk? etc .. Hizzy hometown? tho Edinburgh sounds good ..love it up there...wel love ANYWHERE in Scotland lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/02/2009 00:15  

I don't really ride south of Perth (too many fantastic Highland roads to discover yet) so I will leave that to the Edinburgh locals... Should point out that it is the MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show at the Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh on March 14th & 15th.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/02/2009 09:34  

Hi all i will be touring Scotland at the end of June: 27 June - 4 July with about 20 bikes from Europe & UK staying at Inverness. So hope to meet some of you there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2009 10:14  

Scotland is ace and unlike many previous years, I failed to spend much time up there in 2008. So count me in.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/02/2009 10:24  

Maybe we could meet at a rally?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2009 11:28  

yehh thats a good idea XK.. when is Edinburgh MAG? I went last year, to West Calder, cant remember when it was ... think it was about July?

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/02/2009 11:33  

Im up for a Edinburgh meet only 40 mins away not 100% on the Bars or anything over there tho most of the woman i work with have had nights out over there so could ask a few questions see what there is

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2009 15:26  

I don't really ride south of Perth (too many fantastic Highland roads to discover yet) so I will leave that to the Edinburgh locals...

Seem to be missing the point here TeeCee , the idea is to meet up with other BMers . There are some of us willing to make a 3-4hr journey up to Edinburgh , what you got about an hour's ride from Pitlochry .

I could give you a guided tour of some of the best Highland roads , after all I am a born n bred Highlander , hail from a little place called Laggan Bridge 8miles west of Newtonmore , and my ancestors hail from Pitlochry .

I'm up for an Edinburgh meet , can go and visit my parents after , their only an hour n a half north of Edinburgh

Update Reply
fastjock @ 04/02/2009 13:21  

Oops, fastjock - could see how you misinterpreted what I wrote. I meant I cannot suggest a meeting place as I do not ride those roads.... I would of course be up for the meet! I know Laggan very well... not only the roads but have climbed a fair few of the mountains round there too... But shhhh.... we need to keep those good routes secret...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/02/2009 13:37  

Glad to see you'd be up for a meet TC,must admit i picked you up the same as FJ.Would be great to see how many others would be up for it. Maybe when the weather picks up you could arrange something further north,am sure there are a few of us would be prepared to make it an overnighter.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2009 14:26  

(as in Kinloch Laggan & Loch Laggan....) Yep, apologies again Cassie... I was replying to Blueboys suggestions for venues.... will try to be better next time. If I can find out if it is being held this year, there is a music and seafood festival I went to a few years ago in Applecross, Strathcarron..... the roads around there are mindblowing! Would be more than an overnighter though..... Will try to think of other possible venues not so far North.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/02/2009 14:30  

Fantastic suggestion of Applecross there TC. I 'did' the coastal route round Scotland a few Years back and we called at Applecross, it knocked us completely off schedule, but who gives a toss about schedules when every turn of the road and every brow of a hill brings such awesome views. Get your thinking cap on

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 04/02/2009 17:08  

id go i love edinburgh and i got a spare bed if anyone needs a break on journey.im only a couple hrs from edinburgh

Update Reply
stmarysloch @ 04/02/2009 17:16  

hmm Twelve in a bed...am up for that

Update Reply
Herne @ 04/02/2009 17:21  

OOOO OOOOO OOOOO Applecross - Pass of the cattle WOOOHOOOOOOO I so LURVE that road!!!! ......not too sure about riding me bike up/down it though - being pillion is ok - let someone else do the riding - I'll do the viewing

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 04/02/2009 17:27  

herne you wouldnt want to kip wi me ive got some nasty habbits

Update Reply
stmarysloch @ 04/02/2009 17:57  

Whos on about kipping with you hon...I didn't mention any names lol

Update Reply
Herne @ 04/02/2009 18:05  

were you not one of the twelve then,thats ok i can live wi that

Update Reply
stmarysloch @ 04/02/2009 18:08  

I have a Garden Shed its not the Hilton but it has a roof and a door lol