MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Poetry in Motion?

Poetry in Motion? - Forums [Biker Match] Poetry in Motion? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Poetry in Motion?

Any budding poets/writers out there?

Any favourite biker/bike related stuff you'd like to recommend?

Here's a poem sent to me elsewhere by a true gent and with his permission, copied here... He wrote it sometime in the 70s, saw my nick and thought it appropriate ;o)

"Wanna-be"

Yea, I guess I'm a "Wanna-be",

In a certain sense of the word-

Like, I wanna' be true to my Colors,

And I wanna' be free like a bird-

Yea, and I'd like to be "21" again,

But that has long since past-

And I'd like to have my Knuckle' back-

'Cause that bike sure had class-

Yea, I guess I'm a "Wanna-be",

'Cause a Biker is what I am-

And I wanna' be a Biker,

'Till the very end.

And before I forget,

I'll leave ya with this thought...

"Labels are made for cans of soup,

And Bikers can't be bought"!!

by "Nomad Brad"

:o) I like :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 30/01/2009 11:02  

I can't think why / how I missed this, nice poem Wannabe. Here's one I made earlier Chat Buddies <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> We type words in the chat room<o:p></o:p> And have a real good laugh <o:p></o:p> About all sorts of things<o:p></o:p> And gatherings at Matlock Bath<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> R C likes her tea<o:p></o:p> Karey has to fax (in her job)<o:p></o:p> Kwak can talk for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> <o:p></o:p> (Thank god that it’s not taxed)<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> We all chat together<o:p></o:p> We get on really well<o:p></o:p> And if we found we didn’t<o:p></o:p> I’m sure Matt would give us hell ;-) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 16:04  

When i was young i had no sense used to climb over the garden fence my mother said 'one of these days' 'you'll be made to change ur ways' And as usual she was right for it happenend that very night for as i climbed the fence i fell in the garden wishing well i shouted 'HELP!!!' with all my might i would have ben there half the night. if mother hadnt heard my cries and ............................ stuck on that bit if any1 can help lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2009 16:10  

hadn't heard my pleas and wiped clean my scuffed knees ??

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 16:16  

and.. kicked my ar*se with all her might! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> R C likes her tea<o:p></o:p> Karey has to fax (in her job)<o:p></o:p> Kwak can talk for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> <o:p></o:p> (Thank god that it’s not taxed) hehehe.......good one kwak I sit here working all day long some may say that might be wrong but all I really wanna do is get on ziggy and bike with you </o:p> ok ..ok.... i know its crap but its 4.25pm on a Friday afternoon and i wanna home!

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/08/2009 16:21  

PML @ ar*se Can ya spot the mistake Kaz?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 16:26  

errrr..kwak...nooo...lol or maybe i MIGHT be able to?? lol ok.. another... I'm a mod on a site called BM its for bikers and all of their friends we go to events and camping in tents and we laugh time and time and again hehehe...crap... but med me chuckle ..

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/08/2009 17:14  

Not strictly a bikers poem but there's a lot of ex forces who are bikers. this is probably my favourite poem. He was getting old and paunchy and his hair was falling fast, And he sat around the Legion, telling stories of the past Of a war that he had fought in and the deeds that he had done, In his exploits with his buddies; they were heroes, every one. And tho' sometimes, to his neighbors, his tales became a joke, All his Legion buddies listened, for they knew whereof he spoke. But we'll hear his tales no longer for old Bill has passed away, And the world's a little poorer, for a soldier died today. He will not be mourned by many, just his children and his wife, For he lived an ordinary and quite uneventful life. Held a job and raised a family, quietly going his own way, And the world won't note his passing, though a soldier died today. When politicians leave this earth, their bodies lie in state, While thousands note their passing and proclaim that they were great. Papers tell their whole life stories, from the time that they were young, But the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung. Is the greatest contribution to the welfare of our land A guy who breaks his promises and cons his fellow man? Or the ordinary fellow who, in times of war and strife, Goes off to serve his Country and offers up his life? A politician's stipend and the style in which he lives Are sometimes disproportionate to the service that he gives. While the ordinary soldier, who offered up his all, Is paid off with a medal and perhaps, a pension small. It's so easy to forget them for it was so long ago, That the old Bills of our Country went to battle, but we know It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys, Who won for us the freedom that our Country now enjoys. Should you find yourself in danger, with your enemies at hand, Would you want a politician with his ever-shifting stand? Or would you prefer a soldier, who has sworn to defend His home, his kin and Country and would fight until the end? He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin, But his presence should remind us we may need his like again. For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start. If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise, Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days. Perhaps just a simple headline in a paper that would say, Our Country is in mourning, for a soldier died today. A. Lawrence Vaincourt ©1985

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 21/08/2009 17:59  

serene he stands amid the flowers and only counts life's sunny hours for him dull days do not exist evermore the optimist

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/08/2009 21:19  

Karey, it's not crap, it doesn't have to be long to be enjoyable (oo I may need to rephrase that) Blues wow! I've never seen that poem before, how poignant Pond, is that your own? It's good too.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 21:40  

no kwak it's not

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/08/2009 21:44  

An old poem used by a British secret agent in occupied france during the war as a recognition code The life that I have is all that I have and the life that I have is yours the love that I have of the life that I have is yours and yours and yours. A sleep I shall have a rest i shall have yet deathe will be but a pause for the peace of my years in the long green grass will be yours and yours and yours

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/08/2009 22:53  

Can I compare thee to a summers day...... Dont know anymore dont know who wrote it But what a start>>>

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 21/08/2009 23:14  

shakespear. Shall I compre thee to a summers day? though thou art more fine and temperate cant remember any more lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/08/2009 23:17  

oooooh thats IT thank you POND! will get book from library ,,thanks again it been irritating me..

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 21/08/2009 23:24  

shall I compare thee to a summers day? Thouart more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of may and summers lease hath all to short a date. sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines and often is his gold complexion dimmed and every fair from fair sometime declines by chance or natures changing course untrimmed but thy eternal summer shall not fade nor lose possession of that fair thou owst nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade when in eternal lines to time thou grow'st. so long as men can breath or eyes can see so long lives this,and this gives life to thee

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/08/2009 23:46  

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! Cant believe u typed all that out..Words fail me but THANK YOU SO MUCH..... XXX... Getting a pen!! I owe u a pint or what ever ur tipple is...I wont forget... THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRubyx

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 22/08/2009 01:33  

Just thought this one up reminiscing paths travelled in days gone by .....*My Bike* at times i take a lonely ride on my bike my only joy..to places never seen before and sounds that dont annoy..i'll ride the winding roads ahead and absorb the scenery..rucksack tent and sleeping bag my bike the road and me....anyone want to add a verse??

Update Reply
excalibur @ 22/08/2009 11:43  

another verse to add :the tar is hot the day still long and the sun is beating down..pitstops still miles ahead before we reach a town..a bite to eat a cooling drink a smoke and on our way..five hundred miles from home we'll be my bike the road and me.....

Update Reply
excalibur @ 22/08/2009 12:04  

" We're heading off on the open road, Riding towards the light Every day is a new adventure, who knows where we'll be tonight. Ride, live laugh then laugh some more cos life is never boring lose our way, laugh till we cry and worry 'bout it in the morning! Sister's together and off we go won't bother with map reading blindly follow the bike in front not worried where it's leading Always get where we need to go we'll make many diversions Keep on riding and enjoying our mystery excursions

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 23/08/2009 05:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email