MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Darwin fish thingy

Darwin fish thingy - Forums [Biker Match] Darwin fish thingy - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Darwin fish thingy

Today I saw a car with with 'Darwin' written inside a fish symbol with legs,what is this meaning please?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2009 09:53  

It's the opposite/antidote or whatever to the fundemental Christians who put a fish symbol on their car and who don't believe in evolution.

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/01/2009 09:57  

HG - read through the 'This Is Brilliant' thread and all will be revealed... >has a Flying Spaghetti Monster badge on the back of my car< Will bump the thread up a little...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/01/2009 09:58  

Thank you Wills for your vast knowledge on these things,mite get one now just to annoy the Christianny types,or not. TC,thank you for your wonderful input and am orf to read thread.Not sure what to say about your F.S.M badge but I ever meet you ,it may all make sense

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2009 10:09  

Have done a thorough read,and found my name in there.cant remember reading any of it ,must of been the day after the nite before.anyway,thank you for this most enlightening experience

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2009 10:21  

If you want a nice selection of "bother a god botherer" supplies http://www.darwinuk.com/ I may have to convert to Pastafarianism as I like the Flying Spaghetti Monster badges

Update Reply
prof @ 28/01/2009 20:37  

Waterstones rang me this afternoon to say that my copy of The Gospel Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster is in... will let you know what it is like!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/01/2009 20:52  

thank you Prof for that snipet of info *gets coat and heads for Waterstones *

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2009 20:55  

For those who really really want to offend a christian (god forbid) check out the back print on this shirt, its even bike related although not exactly subtle http://www.zazzle.co.uk/dense_fundy_skulls_shirt-235172...9096254767 I think it's probably best reserved for the Westboro Baptist Church http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Update Reply
prof @ 29/01/2009 00:46  

Try this, the home of 'His Noodly Appendage'

www.venganza.org/

and then have a look at these.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHey5g56CIs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R370YkYhV0w&NR=1

Update Reply
vinnie @ 29/01/2009 08:57  

new scientist headlines'darwin was wrong!' can we send the badges back and get a refund?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/01/2009 12:27  

Shame on New Scientist.... most people knew that Darwin was wrong in a few of his assumptions. Just a sensationalist headline to sell more magazines which unfortunately has now been jumped upon by the Creationists to fuel their fire... Tut tut! p.s. I don't want to offend any Christians, just want to maybe open their minds a little?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 29/01/2009 12:46  

..actually I don't want to... I just wish they would... A subtle but important difference!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 29/01/2009 13:36  

I was going to post something but it would start a big mound of c**p! Just enough to say "Give me facts, not stories" lol

Update Reply
Di @ 05/02/2009 22:16  

Aw, go on Di! Hopefully it will trigger a good healthy discussion....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/02/2009 22:30  

I'm visited by jehovahs on a regular basis and I have to say I humour them because they are really nice people, just misguided!?.deep thinking people they are not, and it's no skin off my nose if they've nothing more important to do with their spare time than preach to the likes of me who am kind enough to listen to them!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2009 22:39  

Personally I don't object to anyones beliefs except when they try and impose them on other people or even worse ring my doorbell early on a weekend when I have had 4 hours sleep and am in that hideous still drunk/hungover stage.

Update Reply
prof @ 05/02/2009 23:04  

Good few years back I was working under my car Out the front of my house. Couple of god botherers came past and asked if I had a moment to talk. Told him yea if he new how to fit an exhaust. They walked up to the house and rang the bell. At this point I should say i had beenin and out getting tools and stuff so my girlfriend was pretty pissed off with coming to the door. She flung the door open her dressing gown fell open as she was on her way to the bath. the two god squad didnt no whwere to look and the shock on her face was priceless. They never called again. Dont know why she was very pretty

Update Reply
micksaway @ 05/02/2009 23:45  

On a similar note, below is a transcript of a conversation I had on Facebook with a couple of friends, called SE and AM for these purposes. Firstly, I just want to point out that I have no issue with those of a religious or homosexual tendency and infact AM is indeed very gay and it is the second to last comment that really cracked me up; Enjoy SE wishes it was Christmas AM No you don’t lady, thank God that it’s over! Geoff B Give over ******, my bank balance is only just recovering from the last one!! SE I think that’s the point! Thanking God and wishing we could celebrate his birthday again J AM Ha ha, don’t get me started lady Geoff B God?? I always thought it was to celebrate the birthday of some Jesus dude? SE You two will burn in hell Geoff B Great, won’t need to take a cardi! AM Ha ha, I am going anyway being a homo! Geoff B PMSL!!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 06/02/2009 11:01  

I find the easiest and kindest way to deal with doorstep God callers is to invite them in very politely and ask if they mind waiting a few minutes as I am in the middle of a seance. They soon decline and do an about turn. I know I am naughty but if I want God I know where to find her!

Update Reply
moonstone @ 09/02/2009 23:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email