MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Race circuit future uncertain

Race circuit future uncertain - Forums [Biker Match] Race circuit future uncertain - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Race circuit future uncertain

Well, as you can imagine, my blood is boiling over this one Croft race circuit is facing possible closure following a recent claim awarded against them (see the write-up in my local rag http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...it/ for full details). Basically, these people moved in knowing that a race circuit was on their doorstep and have now managed to claim against the noise from the circuit.....did they not put 2 & 2 together??? If the circuit closes, then we loose one of the finest car & bike racing circuits in the UK. Does this mean that I can claim severe trauma if I drive past Silverstone when F1 is on and get stuck in traffic??

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 19/01/2009 20:51  

No Way !! I love Croft.... This is bloody insane!! Surely this won't be allowed to happen.. like you say, Mark, 'did they not put 2 & 2 together'? I work in a building which over the next 2 years is going thro a stage of demolition and rebuilding.... all while we are working there.. does that mean i can claim for severe trauma...noise pollution.. not to mention all the dust and stress of having to move offices every 5 mins??.... i think not! This is just another way in which our crazy country is collapsing under the pressure of the pc brigade! Lets hope theres a happy outcome to this and we can enjoy Croft for many years to come.

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/01/2009 21:15  

Big question is how long have these people been there. As you say, if they moved in next to an operational race track then I hope the court will tell them to sling their collective hook.
Croft's PR man says there is nothing else between Donington and Knockhill. Hasn't he ever heard of Oulton Park then?
Mind you, the Silverstone traffic jam idea sounds like a good 'un. Know any good lawyers?

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/01/2009 21:18  

Its not the family I blame they are just money grabbing S*** trying to make a fast quit Its the Judge who should have thrown it out of his court as wasting court time. and the Lawyers getting rich of it. Was it £700,000 in fees And we could do without some more people losing there jobs at this time

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/01/2009 21:28  

Yeh too right Mick... I never thought about the job losses.. fkn hell .. it really wud be a damn shame.. just for a handful of greedy b****rds!

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/01/2009 21:42  

Well if they do win their idiotic case then I,m gonna get me a house right by terminal 3 and sue the ass off the airport authorities,anyone wanna be my neighbour?...seriously though if their only objection is to Mon-Fri track days & testing wouldn,t the judge do better advising them to get jobs whereby they wont be at home all day being disturbed by the noise? Fkn idiotic Judges

Update Reply
old red @ 19/01/2009 22:16  

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/01/2009 08:15  

ok - I have an update on this...apparently: the people who complained are the ex wife of the circuit owner and her parents who moved into houses converted from a farm by the circuit owner whilst they were married . The case should have been thrown out of court but apparently the judge is against motorsports and generally people driving near his own home and has constantly applied for speed cameras and speed reduction measures in the village he lives in . Says it all really

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/01/2009 13:10  

Bloke needs his cock removing........along with his spine the NIMBY tw*t.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 20/01/2009 13:38  

Latest update,there is now a facebook site dedicated to saving croft http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56260629746<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Possible 'peaceful protest'on feb 1st.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2009 14:19  

Event has been submitted for Mod approval. The protest is to coincide with an historic car rally, but everyone welcome to wave the flag of justice and sneer at the creeps who are just out to spoil life for the rest of us.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 22/01/2009 18:21  

Further update on this -basically Croft have lost their appeal!! http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4076123.Croft_Cir...se_appeal/

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 28/01/2009 14:14  

Erm...I don't understand why they complained about the track days noise and not the race days. I aint been to a track day but woulda thought that a race day was as noisy or noisier surely?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/01/2009 14:23  

I think the only reason they complained about trackday noise was to make the court case less ridiculous - to argue that the noise of racing spoils the enjoyment of their house being much newer than the track wouldn't have gotten anywhere (or after this verdict?!) but by complaining about the trackday noise no doubt argued that they did not expect such activity to be going on midweek. It's all mad, to think they spend 700k on legal fees which could buy 4,5,6 houses at the rate they are falling.

Update Reply
njl @ 29/01/2009 02:01  

I can't beleive the selfishness of these people..So Croft suffers along with the enjoyment of many many visitors to this great little track.. so that THREE money grabbing waste of spacers can have a bit of peace.. I hope they build an airport/motorway/wind turbines...etc etc etc, very close to their houses one day ..see how they get on in the courts then!! This response to the newspaper article sums it up for me :- Absolutely disgusting that these money grabbers can affect the local economy like this, they weren't complaining about the noise when they tried to get planning permission to turn their property into a hotel which would have benefited from the circuit. I hope they can sleep at night knowing that their actions will cost local people jobs and money.

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/01/2009 07:06  

To remind u what hfg pointed out earlier: This case was brought by the ex-wife of the circuit owner. So, she got dumped, and the bitter woman wants revenge. Also, I live next to a RAF base, so I know a little about noise. But inside my triple-glazed house, I can't hear a thing!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2009 09:25  

The event is now up and running peeps. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=362 Get yerselves there and make your voice heard!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 29/01/2009 23:40  

lol at the dress code Dave. Personally, I'm popping into town tomorrow for anything in tweed and a pair of flying goggles I totally agree, give someone the slightest opportunity to sue and grab the cash and they will.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 30/01/2009 20:56  

Couldn't make it in the end, mate I'm sure there'll be more to protests in due course, watch this space.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/02/2009 00:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email