MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Friendly Bikers Rally Fundraiser

Friendly Bikers Rally Fundraiser - Forums [Biker Match] Friendly Bikers Rally Fundraiser - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Friendly Bikers Rally Fundraiser

31st January 2009
http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=352

Time we had some more faces on attendance list , we have a BMer coming down from Dunfermline , well done sweet looking forward to meeting you .

Update Reply
fastjock @ 15/01/2009 19:34  

Yep am looking forward to it actually not 100% on wether to bring along my sleeping bag and tent lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2009 22:43  

Would have loved to have supported this meet up but it sort of clashes with the Avebury meet the fundraiser is on the Saturday and Avebury is the oposite end the country on the Sunday morning.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 15/01/2009 23:33  

Urgent note . Went to see Graham tonight and pub was shut , so I called into the George and Dragon in Melmerby and found out that Graham has gone bust , leaving us in the proverbial poo .

Myself and Caroline are working on getting a new venue sorted out in time for fundraiser . We are also trying to get in touch with the field owner to make sure we still have a field for the rally .

Also looking into alternative accommodation , plenty in Ripon just got to check out pricing .

Wath & Melmerby cricket club are having their AGM on tuesday
Myself and Caroline are going to go along and have a chat with them , to make sure they even knew about the fundraiser , talking to the locals tonight and none of them knew about it .

Update Reply
fastjock @ 16/01/2009 00:31  

oh poo!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/01/2009 08:35  

Jeeeez Dugald! ... hope u and Caz can get something sorted! Good Luck

Update Reply
Karey @ 16/01/2009 08:48  

counting to ten and retreating to my happy place,the knock on effect this is going to have on the rally itself is massive and we really will have our work cut out now!!! Thanks to you and Caz buddy,your hard work is sooo appreciated. Would it be worth speaking to the folk at dunsforth do you think? Good luck pal and please keep us posted.If mark and i can help in any way just give a little whistle

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2009 09:37  

Thats a shame this country is getting worse for people losing their jobs and going bust
Will keep checking the forum for updates
Good luck x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2009 10:25  

I've just been to the pub to have a chat to Geoff. He's OK with us holding the fundraiser there on the 31st. He can do a buffet at the same price. He needs an idea of numbers asap. There is accomodation available. He has a double room, a twin room and a triple room at £20 per head for room only.

Update Reply
timhall @ 17/01/2009 15:37  

thanks for that Tim, have you had any joy with number of guy that owns field

Update Reply
caz36 @ 17/01/2009 16:13  

No not yet Caz. I had only just got back from the pub when I saw your message. I'll go back tomorrow and ask Geoff, the font of all knowlage in this area. See if he knows. Just one more point concerning the fundraiser. There is no room for camping at the pub, but I can fit 4 or 5 tents on my lawn.

Update Reply
timhall @ 17/01/2009 16:29  

cheers tim as soon as have number wil phone and double check he knows about rally

Update Reply
caz36 @ 17/01/2009 17:09  

Looks like we may have to ditch the Wath/cricket club/race night connection, and concentrate on a fundraiser purely for ourselves at Lower Dunsforth. The poster will need re-doing, and distributed in the local area. Please, support still required (raffle prizes, promises, lottery winnings etc.). When the going gets tough an all that... PS - Cheers, Tim - please reserve me a tentspace

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2009 17:10  

Thats fantastic news Tim,well done.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2009 18:03  

Nice one so is it still at the same place? And can you count me in for overnight accomadation please thank you xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2009 18:37  

No its all change Sweet,if you pm tim(above)he might have the contact details of the new venue.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2009 18:43  

Bad fortune for Graham can only sympathise with him & wish him a change of fortune. and then say pooh pooh pooh for us...but I,m sure we,ll work through it.

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2009 21:25  

b&b close to Lower Dunsforth :
Ship Inn Low Road, Aldborough, York, North Yorkshire, YO51 9ER(next village approx 1 mile) tel: 01423 322749

Black Bull Inn Boroughbridge YO51 9AR (approx 3 miles) tel: 01423 322413 Double £60 Bed & Breakfast per room , Single £40 Bed & Breakfast per room .

Grantham Arms Hotel Boroughbridge (approx 3 miles) www.granthamarms.com Single, per room £45Twin/Double per room £65Family, per room £75

Update Reply
fastjock @ 18/01/2009 23:21  

Angler Inn full the guy said he is expecting at least a 100 bikers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2009 16:02  

Wish I could be up near you for that Sweet,if there's that many going should be brill !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2009 19:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email