MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

motorcycle instructors course

motorcycle instructors course - Forums [Biker Match] motorcycle instructors course - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

motorcycle instructors course

Ok hopefully in next couple weeks ill be starting my instructors course (down training first .cbt's ect ) just wondered what to exspect in the training . if anyone got link to helpful site with this training.what ill be doing ect . would be great help. (got to do my bit toget more of us on road.) p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section not sure where to post it .

Update Reply
dabnis @ 13/01/2009 01:17  

Nice one Dab!

Best of luck with it - will you do discounted rates for BM members?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 13/01/2009 06:32  

i wish course cost £1,500 the guy has said he will put me through it under condition i work for him .

Update Reply
dabnis @ 13/01/2009 18:03  

hey good for you mate, best of luck with that. Make sure you keep us posted of your progress

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/01/2009 18:39  

I did mine 11years ago and instructed for 5 years. I had to do 3 weeks unpaid ( that was a commitment thing) I had to learn all current aspects of motorcycling law IE who needs a CBT, MOT requirements, learner laws, Highway code. I was then put through bike training which was at first hours and hours of observed riding and basicly bought up to scratch. They then tought me how to ride with a pupil, safe distances etc so I wouldn't unnerve them by riding to close. I had to do several rides where I had to provide a running commentary with another instuctor so he could make sure I was being as observant as i could be. Most of the rest of the training was being put through the same course they would give a novice rider so that I learned the test routes and the course schedule. It also gave me a better understanding of what it was like to be back on L plates. And they were a lot stricter on mock tests with us, we were allowed next to no mistakes. All this was done and monitored through (what is now) the DSA Almost wish I had kept currant.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 13/01/2009 19:00  

hope you are successful dabnis..........keep BM posted hey........... interesting to read your reply too ghostie:o)...........take it you kinda regret giving it up then?..................

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 13/01/2009 20:30  

I do when the test driving work gets a bit slow. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of testing for the local papers etc. I did enjoy instructing, I found ladies easier to teach as thier not so cocky (no pun intended) as the young lads or men. The Born agains could be hard work sometimes, "Yes mate I know what to do I used to have a Proper Triumph ya know in 1965....not like these new ones, thier not proper ones ya know!" "Yes, but have you ridden anything over 50bhp with modern tyres and disc brakes?" "Erm...I sat on a Honda CBR when they first came out...." "Shut up and lisen then!" Always was a people person!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 14/01/2009 13:02  

Jim - get yer arse up to mine then & give us a hand getting my baby out!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 14/01/2009 13:26  

^^^^^^Ghostie as a midwife

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2009 13:37  

ROFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't realise what I'd wrote till I just re-read it then

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 14/01/2009 13:55  

LMFAO !!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/01/2009 13:56  

Now theres an offer. First weekend I'm free Stella you're on.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 14/01/2009 14:02  

*sighs*....ah, HG........you soooooooooooo asked for trouble with that post!............will you gals ever learn?!.....................

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 14/01/2009 17:57  

...especially with XK lurking about... PS - anybody require a lurker, housetrained...?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2009 18:16  

hehe!.......you said it geez!...didn't think it was worth stating the obvious, personally!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 14/01/2009 18:49  

Hey Sinbad.... u can be the official FFS instructor !! ... the rest of you, dont worry im sure we cud do wiv some extra help anorl ! Well me personally...can do wiv all the help i can get !! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/01/2009 19:16  

SINBAD?

Doesn't that stand for "Single Income, No Boyfriend And Desperate"?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 14/01/2009 19:42  

LMFAO !!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/01/2009 20:32  

Who's sinbad?

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 14/01/2009 21:39  

soz.. i was thinking dabnis was sinbad backwards..and automatically typed sinbad instead of dabnis... apologies to dabnis for changing his name. *my first love at high school was called Nomis ... Simon, really. Shudda hung in there..,he's making megabucks designing animated puppets for films and tv programs ... but i bet he dunt have a bike!! haha *

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/01/2009 21:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email