MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

This Is Brilliant

This Is Brilliant (7) - Forums [Biker Match] This Is Brilliant (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

This Is Brilliant

"9pm BBC1 David Attenborough Darwin and the tree of life!"

excellant !!!!!

Update Reply
Jansky1960 @ 02/02/2009 00:18  

9pm BBC1 David Attenborough Darwin and the tree of life!

Excellant!!!! It takes people watching to a whole new level

Update Reply
Jansky1960 @ 02/02/2009 00:20  

Excellant !!!!

Update Reply
Jansky1960 @ 02/02/2009 00:21  

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, littlechick, but I don't think Mr Attenborough has any tattoos.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 10:12  

erm.... according to New Scientist he has the Darwin fish tattooed on his right buttock... probably...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/02/2009 10:17  

who needs tats and baldiness with a mind like that, wouldn't care if he was covered in hair to shame a yeti !! I'd wade through the undergrowth any day!! mmmm Mrs Attenbourogh.., Anne-Marie Attenborough,, A.M.A, Lady Attenborough,how would that look in a signature I wonder??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 11:50  

biting my tongue

Update Reply
prof @ 02/02/2009 12:30  

alright there prof?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 13:18  

littlechick and Attenborough, sitting in a tree, e-v-o-l-v-i-n-g........ (ok, it doesn't quite scan....)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/02/2009 13:27  

darwins struggle bbc 4 more good stuff

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/02/2009 21:26  

A*se - was watching QI!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/02/2009 21:31  

From politics.co.uk: Atheism under attackThu Feb 19 09:59AM Atheists are having a tough time of it. So tough, in fact, that they've started banding together. Today, the not-so-snappily titled National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secular Students forms in central London, partly due to the hostility from campus faith groups that individual societies face when setting up. Why has it come to this? About 200 years ago, most of the progressive men of Europe presumed religion would be dead by now. The enlightenment philosophers thought the triumph of science and reason would turn men away from God. Sometimes in Britain - arguably the least religious society in the west - it feels that way. But the reality is very different. A few years ago, another educated man called Samuel P Huntington proposed an altogether different theory, neatly summarised as the 'clash of civilisations'. He posited that the main source of conflict would centre around a handful of distinct cultures, with the primary fault line being Islam and the west. It was hopelessly reductionist, but it had the enviable quality of chiming perfectly with its time. Shortly afterwards, planes were flying into the Twin Towers in New York and the rest is history. Right now, religion is one of the most - if not the most - important issue in world politics. In a global political system defined by the clash, atheists have discovered something curious. Religious people hate them very much, and they have organised against them with alarming speed and efficiency. Perhaps it gives Muslims and Christians living in western societies something to unite around. Regardless; the political momentum is on their side. Recently, the UN's rapporteur on human rights, who is tasked with protecting freedom of speech, had his job description altered. The council agreed to a Pakistani request for the rapporteur to also tackle "abuses of free expression", including, rather shockingly, "defamation" of religions and prophets. In the UK, religious protections have grown in a subtler manner. Tony Blair consistently rejected calls to discuss his deeply-held faith, but this was not evident in his policy making. Faith schools were not just tolerated, but encouraged. An attempt was made to outlaw 'religious hatred', including abuse or insult, although the Lords managed to water it down after an eye-catching rearguard defence by a motley collection of secularists, comedians, and free-thinkers. Across the western world, religion has been elevated to a unique and entirely unhelpful position - a position which ringfences it against criticism or questioning. The only other qualities in this category are things like race, sexuality and gender. But these are qualitatively different. They cannot be changed. A black man does not choose to be so, nor does a homosexual. Religion is about conviction and belief. Its advocates call it faith and that is indeed a decent description of belief that does not follow from reason or evidence. But it does not somehow entitle it to preferential treatment. The thought process that drove us to this undesirable state of affairs hinges on the word 'freedom', which is itself massively unhelpful. Freedom in and of itself does not mean anything. Its only meaning derives from the words that follow it. Freedom to worship? Quite right. Freedom to hurt people in the street? Absolutely not. But many religious groups have framed the freedom to not have faith challenged as part of the freedom of worship. They have argued that criticism is an infringement of their right to be believers. It is not. It is merely the price one pays to live in a free country. It is unacceptable for atheist groups to be prevented from forming in universities because faith groups deride them as negative. It is unacceptable that atheist posters and banners are defaced when we would react with outrage if Christian or Muslim posters were treated in such a way. These are real world examples given to me by atheist activists. They have every right to pursue their agenda as they see fit. Prejudice against atheists is as bad as prejudice against anyone else. Ian Dunt

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/02/2009 10:14  

Spot on, I'd say. Live and let live.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2009 11:04  

Amen

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/02/2009 11:15  

Atheists challenge peoples religious beliefs and undermine a whole lifetime of religious indoctrination, it's no wonder religious people feel outraged because that would mean a rethink of their beliefs and maybe an admission that they are wrong??. No this would never happen,people need their "god",they need it as part of their everyday life, to rethink their position on religion would be to question themselves, it is a deeply personal thing and I think they see it as an attack on themselves as individuals. boils down to fear doesn't it??? perhaps atheists have no such fear so don't feel particularly threatened??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2009 12:20  

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWw9UhY_JI

Whoever we are
Wherever we're from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behavior is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It's gonna take a lot more
Than tryin' to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether

They call it the earth
Which is a dumb kinda name
But they named it right
'cause we behave the same...
We are dumb all over
Dumb all over,
Yes we are
Dumb all over,
Near 'n far
Dumb all over,
Black 'n white
People, we is not wrapped tight

Nurds on the left
Nurds on the right
Religous fanatics
On the air every night
Sayin' the bible
Tells the story
Makes the details
Sound real gory
'bout what to do
If the geeks over there
Don't believe in the book
We got over here

You can't run a race
Without no feet
'n pretty soon
There won't be no street
For dummies to jog on
Or doggies to dog on
Religous fanatics
Can make it be all gone
(I mean it won't blow up
'n disappear
It'll just look ugly
For a thousand years...)

You can't run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state

To arms! to arms!
Hooray! that's great
Two legs ain't bad
Unless there's a crate
They ship the parts
To mama in
For souvenirs: two ears (get down!)
Not his, not hers, (but what the hey? )
The good book says:
("it gotta be that way!")
But their book says:
"revenge the crusades...
With whips 'n chains
'n hand grenades..."
Two arms? two arms?
Have another and another
Our God says:
"there ain't no other!"
Our God says
"it's all okay!"
Our God says
"this is the way!"

It says in the book:
"burn 'n destroy...
'n repent, 'n redeem
'n revenge, 'n deploy
'n rumble thee forth
To the land of the unbelieving scum on the other side
'cause they don't go for what's in the book
'n that makes 'em bad
So verily we must choppeth them up
And stompeth them down
Or rent a nice french bomb
To poof them out of existance
While leaving their real estate just where we need it
To use again
For temples in which to praise our god
("cause he can really take care of business!")

And when his humble tv servant
With humble white hair
And humble glasses
And a nice brown suit
And maybe a blond wife who takes phone calls
Tells us our God says
It's okay to do this stuff
Then we gotta do it,
'cause if we don't do it,
We ain't gwine up to hebbin!
(depending on which book you're using at the
Time...can't use theirs... it don't work
...it's all lies...gotta use mine...)
Ain't that right?
That's what they say
Every night...
Every day...
Hey, we can't really be dumb
If we're just following god's orders
Hey, let's get serious...
God knows what he's doin'
He wrote this book here
An' the book says:
He made us all to be just like him,"
So...
If we're dumb...
Then God is dumb...
(an' maybe even a little ugly on the side

Dumb All Over - Frank Zappa

Update Reply
vinnie @ 19/02/2009 16:06  

Excellent post TeeCee Nothing more UnChristian than a Christian Prob same for most religions. Never quite understood it myself but suppose it takes all sorts. Growing up in Belfast got a real understanding of biggeted hatred and fear Sad really

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/02/2009 21:55  

thanks to julie j i'm into the Tiger Lillies to upset a christian play'banging in the nail's' i mus be warped i'm laughin v=inhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inIuYren8jg jus need a song about mohamed now!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/03/2009 16:52  

gottcha now TM you will be hooked for life, think they are playing in london at the mo

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/03/2009 17:11  

youve corrupted me!!!love the 'harriet the cat' an 'bully boy's'

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/03/2009 17:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email