MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Raw Musical Talent

Raw Musical Talent - Forums [Biker Match] Raw Musical Talent - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Raw Musical Talent

Every now and then I will randomly search for some new group or artist and just leave it up to fate to stumble across something. After a convoluted journey on YouTube I found this amazing unsigned artist (search for Futurebelle... and try an original song of hers such as The Carriages Horse or Frozen Angel (written by Policron) ). She has just independently recorded a couple of DVDs so based on what I heard I ordered them and fingers crossed they will be as amazing as I hope.* Anyhow, one of the songs Futurebelle (Mella) covered is Skin by Alexz Johnson. There are various versions of the original and I am torn between an acoustic version played with her brother and this version. Just wanted to share it with you all as I think it is a beautiful song and her performance is to me what music is all about: uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H-bhSZ7UfbQ&feature=related * I am not connected in anyway to Futurebelle or endorse her products - I am just sick of these 'talent' shows' spewing out third rate acts when there are people like her struggling to make it on her own merit.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 22:44  

There's talent shows on the tv? Where? While your on youtube search the one armed bass player,amazing. Also the one armed guitar player. 'Kin amazing as well.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2009 22:51  

Wow! Thanks for those, Ric!! *'kin amazed smiley!!*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 22:56  

ang on.. i cant keep up ! just listening my way thro some of Mellas songs...she has an amazing voice ...beautiful... rite...offta check out the one armed ones now....brb....

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/01/2009 23:18  

Oops - apologies if I have confuzzled anybody! (Have read through my original post again and it isn't clear). The song I have linked to is performed live by Alexz Johnson. I agree Karey, Mella has a beautiful voice and I hope she gets the voiceover/stage career she is after. Her Disney covers are almost perfect. Will let you know what her original pieces are like once I receive the CDs.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 23:28  

heyyy Ric.. kin brilliant ! dont u just love youtube!! u find a great vid..then another...and another.. have u checked out the 13 yr old guitarist?? that kid is awesome.!

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/01/2009 23:30  

Indeed I do, Karey! You can follow a trail and end up in some amazing places....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 23:33  

Theres also Monty Pythons Spanish Inquisition. Not musical but always good viewing. Back to music before TC has to start another thread again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2009 23:34  

He heh....Nah - you go ahead Ric! It's nice to wander off the path every now and again. That way you get to see what is happening in the bushes...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 23:40  

TC...re: mella... her disney stuff is really good..ive got 'Joans Lament' playin now..as im peelin carrots.. for tomrras tea.. ..yeh sad or wot??? but i gotta bung the casserole on in the slo cooker b4 i go to work..and forgot to prepare the veg !!! grrrrr Anyways...back on track *ahem*.. ..oh noooo back off track a min... check out Rowan Atkinsons Role Call!! kin hilarious !!!!!!! ohhh sorry guys.. im tickled here.. .and ive got the onions to do yet !!

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/01/2009 23:57  

Thanks TC. Was nosing around web sites and found and old friend's band have releaced a new album Wouldnt normally have been looking so big thanks

Update Reply
micksaway @ 06/01/2009 11:35  

Nice one Mick! Have you got a link to their music?

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/01/2009 11:39  

No problems, Mick - that's a great result! As Karey said, why not post a link... Well, Mella's (Futurebelle from YouTube) two CDs came in the post from the States today and I have to say it is a double-edged sword.... The first CD (Mella) is just her singing five original songs and is pretty amazing but the thing that takes the edge off it for me is that she dedicates it to her lord and saviour Jesus Christ *sigh*. Why can't she just have faith in herself... maybe she is too humble, I dunno.... *shrugs shoulders* Anyway, the real treasure find is the second CD, Anima Borealis which is written by Polo and sung by Mella. It is described as a fantasy tale through an arctic wasteland and will appeal to anybody who is into prog rock (think Rick Wakeman, Journey To The Centre Of The Earth)... Ok... that is me done, now let's see where this thread ends up... happy wandering one and all!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/01/2009 11:59  

Great thread geez....like Yorkney, (sorry, Karey) has said, she has a lovely voice.....soz the cd's are double edged geez, you never know though, the first one might be a grower, n u'll be able to blank out the 'JC' bit:o)............

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 06/01/2009 14:03  

electrasy.com They had a deal years ago but went off the rails a bit. Remember Adi falling off his stool during a Sunday night Jam and not missing a beat Lost touch so may try to get to a gig

Update Reply
micksaway @ 06/01/2009 19:15  

Make that Ali falling off stool Typos are getting more common with the intake of wine

Update Reply
micksaway @ 06/01/2009 19:38  

Ahhh... so it's the alcoholic intake to blame... says she, who happens to have sat in front of her one empty bottle of Pinot Noir...

It sparked a trip down Memory Lane anyhooooo...

Anyone ever caught "Never The Bride"?

You can find them here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUU0eLwV0M

Nikki is uber-sexy... I very nearly caught gay from her when I met her ;o)

Their website is here: http://www.neverthebride.com/people.html

If you get the chance to see them, I highly recommend it... Nikki has an incredible voice and is a consummate performer. I guarantee an entertaining evening ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/01/2009 03:30  

Oh FFS! It's half past 3!

I noticed when it was half 2 and thought it was about time to hit the hay... *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/01/2009 03:32  

Yeah, that's quite a lady. If they do any gigs a bit nearer the Pool I'll be there. Probs a question of when, really.

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/01/2009 09:39  

Wowza! Pretty powerful performance - can see why Shirley Bassey covered that song (certain vocal similarities on that track). Can also see why you almost 'caught gay' from her! Once again it took me on a fantastic little YouTube journey... thought NTB's verson of Led Zep's Kashmir was pretty cool too... which led me to the late Ofra Haza's haunting version of the same song. She was an amazing Israeli artist who also featured on the Soundtrack of Mickey Rourke's 1990 film Wild orchid. Am a lifelong fact of Mickey Rourke and that film actually had a pretty profound effect on my life (although the film itself was no great shakes). If you want to see an amazing performance by one of the best character actor of our times, then go see The Wrestler, Rourke's latest film (showing in cinemas now). I saw it in Leicester Square as soon as it came out and was totally blown away. A couple of things to look out for - the scene where he cuts himself in the ring was for real, as was when he was serving in the deli (the producers had such a small budget that he was serving the customers for real and was improvising his script). Lots of other subtle things go on to make Randy one of the most believable portrayals of a fictional character I think I have ever seen....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/01/2009 09:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email