MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Speedy Recovery, Wannabe!!

Speedy Recovery, Wannabe!! (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Speedy Recovery, Wannabe!! (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Speedy Recovery, Wannabe!!

Anybody'd think she'd been fonged!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2008 18:01  

fonged?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/12/2008 00:18  

XK trying to be funny again Kwak.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2008 12:23  

Dad's connection went AWOL when I tried to post earlier... slight problem Ricdude - I'm afraid it's only 32"... bleddy men always exaggerating He's rather happier today as his buddy's taking him to t'pub later ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 30/12/2008 13:29  

get back to us soon WB WISH YOU WELL

Update Reply
Wheelienice @ 30/12/2008 14:58  

Aint been on BM for a bit, so wanted to say it's real good to hear yer up n about WB:O)......nice one. HG..............have to say, yer hot totty you..PMSL!!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 01/01/2009 00:07  

Somewhat worryingly, when "Frank" and DS came to visit, we went through my "bedroom" (what used to be the dining room) to go outside for a smoke... Mother asked if we were going to have an orgy...

Flippy neck, woman! Give my stitches a chance to heal up!

Apparently, I did have a sense of humour that first night following the op, as I disappeared into the loo, swiftly followed by the sounds of much banging and crashing... Mother flew to the door, started bashing on it, asking if I was OK...

The only response she received was the sound of me giggling...

Curse morphine! I have no recollection of the incident, or what was so funny about it...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/01/2009 00:04  

u will not heal properley if you smoke WB! trust me, it cuts off blood supply to the tissues! give up the weed!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2009 00:49  

Like that'll ever happen!

They all told me I was going to be terribly sick after the anaesthetic because I smoke... yet I was up and about less than 2 hours after, demanding tea & toast... the girl next to me who's never smoked in her life and is 10 years younger than me, was still catheterised and on morphine when I left at lunchtime the following day, carrying my own bags and using the stairs - oops!

If I worked somewhere pleasant, I'd have gone back this week - not full time, admittedly - I'm a bit weary, but otherwise, no particular problems. I think I was in so much pain before the op (telling myself it was merely "discomfort") that the post-op pain paled into insignificance

Mind you... I've just spent a total of 53 minutes attempting to get through to the GP's surgery this morning to get an appointment... if you weren't feeling bad before trying to phone them, you pretty soon will be! Hehehe! No wonder I always leave everything until it's absolutely unbearable before I try to see a quack.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/01/2009 09:09  

Heyyy Lou... just a kwikie.. as im ment to be workin...... Good to hear you're up and about, sounds like you should have a speedy recovery! Good luck with the Drs! Tek care K x

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/01/2009 09:28  

Good stuff, WB! Speedy recovery... x

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 10:13  

Blimey... that was unexpected... did me usual:

Doc: "Hello and how are you?"

Me: "Oh very well, thank you" (Durrrrr!)

Doc: "When's your follow-up appointment at the hospital?"

Me: "4th February"

Doc: "OK, I'll sign you off until then, and you'll probably be OK to go back after that"

Flippy neck! I was fully expecting to have to lay it on a bit thick, so I could get myself next week off as well, as really, I can't see me being unable to drive for much longer... I fair skipped out of his office! How the bejaysus I'm going to pay my bills or even face going back to work after more than 6 weeks off, I can't even begin to imagine, but what the hey? I've never had more than a fortnight off in nearly 25 years of working, (including my one period of unemployment, when I chose to take a fortnight out, after I walked out of a job) so it'll be a whole new experience for me

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/01/2009 14:49  

Can picure yer gaff awash with freshly made sparklies!lol:o).......

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 07/01/2009 18:17  

Hey WB - try & make the most of it & just chill out Arfur said: HG..............have to say, yer hot totty you..PMSL!! ...can't decide it that's a pishtake or a compliment!! Also Arfur said: Can picure yer gaff awash with freshly made sparklies!lol:o)....... Am really sorry -but I had to read that one twice just to make sure I was mistaken the first time!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 07/01/2009 18:32  

LMAO @ HG!..................piss take?.......me?..was merely commenting on how sexy you look in yer little purple number me dear!;o)................... See what you mean about reading that post twice!:o).......

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 07/01/2009 18:43  

Awwwww schucks......

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 07/01/2009 18:54  

Your back again WB,bout time ya slacker. What you been doing all this time,been ill or something? Jeez,give an inch etc etc.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2009 20:02  

LOL Ric Nice to see you've still got your sense of humour Wannabe, GWS.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/01/2009 23:08  

Been slacking again - ooops!

Thought I'd be really helpful and move my Dad's desktop pc/printer etc downstairs into his new extension... only in doing so, I managed to completely lose his internet connection. Ooops again. Managed to fix it for him yesterday, but couldn't get a look in. Oh well. I'm back home for a few days so I'm on my own connection anyway

I've been keeping myself amused by jewellery making and catching up on my reading, so it's all good.

Now all I need to do is locate my flipping tax return... seemed like such a good idea to have a good old tidy up before going into hozzy... now I don't have a clue where anything is. D'oh!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 13/01/2009 06:30  

lol @ WB.. welcome 'back' to the land of the insane ! Hope everyfins good! just dont be doing too much! lol Soon be summer, and we can get the FFS team in full gear! Welcome AJ to the team!

Update Reply
Karey @ 13/01/2009 08:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email