MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Random emails received from us today

Random emails received from us today - Forums [Biker Match] Random emails received from us today - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Random emails received from us today

sorry, my fault. There was a load of old backed up emails on the new server and I accidentally started processing them (Didn't expect them to be there). So if you get a load of random matchmaker alerts from old members, or emails notifying you of a new PM that you've already read, please disregard the email. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/12/2008 21:52  

lol, I'm not that lucky !!!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 15/12/2008 23:55  

As mentioned in a private email to Support, I've had two missing Weekly MatchMaker alerts last night. As I've now caught up here that you've been having problems with your SQL Server database, are there any other email alerts still pending that could be sent out that I haven't received yet. I have noticed that it's been very quiet since about the end of September.

Update Reply
Berks_Biker @ 16/12/2008 09:50  

that's because I've been using the new server to send out the emails (To take some load off the main server) but there were some techy problems causing some mail not to go. No more will be sent. 17,000 old emails were deleted from the queue last night during the migration. All emails in future will be fine. I've also had the new server added to white lists at AOL and Hotmail. So we're all good to go!

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/12/2008 17:09  

I do hope that none of these 17,000 emails contain anything important, or anything that your users were expecting. As mentioned, the 2 I received were missing Weekly Match posting. I'm just wondering whether this 17,000 contained any of the Alerts I've not received for a couple of months or so.

Update Reply
Berks_Biker @ 18/12/2008 13:08  

no its mainly newsletters and things i'd sent out whilst connected to the new server. Plus a few alerts from those who somehow connected to the new server and created a profile (God knows how or why they connected to the new server). There will have been one or two MM alerts but nothing that isn't covered in the weekly alerts. You can also execute the search from your MM page and get the same results. I only noticed during the server migration - and the email had to go because they were causing other, more important, problems

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/12/2008 15:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email