MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Things I have found I cannot do

Things I have found I cannot do (8) - Forums [Biker Match] Things I have found I cannot do (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Things I have found I cannot do

Cream of the crop...

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 06/12/2008 22:05  

Best of the bunch....lol

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 06/12/2008 22:08  

top a the tree.....

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 06/12/2008 22:11  

Crap tv

Update Reply
Oggy @ 07/12/2008 00:10  

I cannot remain upright when strolling across t'road in stilettos and realising just too late that it's black ice, not surface water *ouch! Sorry bottom!*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/12/2008 02:36  

Change a fooking light bulb in a Fiat !!!!!! Ohh...bulb out, says I, Easy.. buy new bulb...pop bonnet... tek out old.. insert new....... NO CHANCE........!!!!! Gets instruction manual out... looks nothing like under mi bonnet... Ex .. calls round to see daughter on his way out shopping.. tell yr mum I'll do it... Ex arrives..looks under bonnet....... Kaz..i ant got a clue, sides im goin shopping.. dunt wanna get mi hands dirty ( total non-greasy biker type..hence the divorce!) Hmmm *thinks* wil tek it round to my mate Jimmy the car mechanic.. 5 min job...then i can get on wiv my Xmas shopping... Jimmy..'looks like i gotta tek battery out, to get to bulb housing....'' Battery cover off.. (6 screws) Battery bracket off..(2 screws) Decides to tek front grill off (intergrated into full bumber), discard that idea Car jacked up..Jimmy underneath... nope stil cant get to it Battery housing off.. Mate from nxt door to hold various bits of engine outta way so Jimmy (under car) can get bulb housing off (*kaz feelin reet embarrassed as Jimmy was chilling out in front of warm cosy fire..thought it wud be a 5 min job*) Old bulb out.. new bulb in ...Hooray !!! Jimmy... Kaz tell me if its working.. (switches iggy on...nothing) OOOOPS...gotta reconnect battery!! derrrrrrr Hope it works..or all of the above to be carried out agen.. Works !!! Yayyyy...... Reassembles all bits back.. finds bit resting ont windscreen that shudda gone back in sumwhere....oops. Jacks car up agen.. underneath..extra bit put back in.. sorted. Pays my dues ....and apologies for it being a pig of a job.. Jimmy just laffed and sed, Well at least ive learnt summat new...' Never agree to change a fookin bulb on a car like yours agen !!! No wonder the fella at Motosave said ' sorry luv, we're short-staffed' when i asked him to do it !! lol But .. unforturnatley my other headlight is still pointed Skywards..i dint fink it appropriate to mention that .... Herne.. i think i saw a UFO comin back from Meadowhell

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/12/2008 17:39  

Todays learning experience is that plastering is a LOT more difficult than it looks. The wall is now vaguely flat although I cant help but think that more of the plaster is supposed to go on the wall and not on the floor. Big tip.. if you have to plaster the little mixer widget that fits in a drill is worth its weight in gold.

Update Reply
prof @ 07/12/2008 22:04  

I found out that I am as bad on two feet as I am on two wheels. I have joined Wannabe in the Black Ice Jig, but i was wearing work boots with non slip soles

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/12/2008 20:12  

You ladies be careful. A colleague at work - male, fit, 50ish, stone cold sober - fell flat on his side on Friday on the ice. He's had one seven-hour operation to fix a badly broken pelvis and repair other internal injuries, and will have another before he's discharged. Self-employed, too - not nice.

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/12/2008 20:48  

Black Ice Jig!

Oh well at least my highly impractical footwear wasn't entirely to blame...

Poor bloke Wills... not good...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/12/2008 21:00  

I spoke to Lancashire County Council about the road, apparently they no longer grit as a preventative measure, just as and when it is needed. They will put my request on a list and review it. Meanwhile I walked back home tonight and almost ended up flat on my face, but I dont think it would hurt that much as I have fully deployed air bags ;) There is a sheet of solid ice all down my road and the road dopwn off the hill is beginning to ice again. Dear Santa, Please may I have a sledge for Christmas, I have nearly been a very good girl

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/12/2008 21:04  

The highway authority is legally obliged to take those measures considered necessary to keep the highways clear of ice and snow. If you have an accident and the ice formed despite gritting or if an extreme weather warning was not issued, the highway authority can argue against a case. However, if an extreme weather warning was issued (the met office can advise you) and the highway authority do not grit, then any accident caused by loss of control on snow or ice is claimable. I know a number of people with Lancashire CC Highways Frag, you mind if I have a chat?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/12/2008 22:05  

Tolerate tossers who make racist jibes.
I'm so sorry for saying the word TOSSER! so clearly but ater all this is a free country,isn't it? One I & a fair few others doned a uniform for to defend evryones right to free speech? Go then, have a go at someone with different colour skin,or a different accent,keep in mind we might meet some day & discuss that matter

Update Reply
Oggy @ 09/12/2008 23:30  

I will stand up for anyone who wants to crack jokes based on someone else's race, creed or accent, BUT you gotta live with the consequences. If you want to make Jewish jokes on stage, and then find there's a squad of off-duty Israeli paratroopers waiting in your dressing room intent on a full and frank exchange of views, then you better have a good exit strategy and don't come running to me.

Update Reply
Wills @ 10/12/2008 00:10  

There's a line between making a joke & taking it too far Wills & someone -respectfully not off BM- crossed it this evening.
As for being Jewish,take a look at my hooter.I'd've been f*cked in Nazi Germany
Not only that,I fail to see where there was a Racist Jewish joke? More to the point,wasn't the Jewish man having a laugh?
& Having served with Israelie paratroopers in the Gulf,yea I think I'd more than likely be looking at going for a good few beers after the show with them

Update Reply
Oggy @ 10/12/2008 00:17  

Maybe I shouldn;t have used this particular example in veiw of the joke that started this thread! Should have put my brain into gear to avoid misunderstanding. OK, for Jewish jokes read general racist jokes, and for Israeli paratroopers read jamaican, but you get the general idea - if you want a bit of fun at someone else's expense and they don't see the joke, then well, you shoud have thought about that beforehand.   Have you changed yer profile picture again?? Blink and there's a diferent one!  

Update Reply
Wills @ 10/12/2008 00:50  

Fathom out my boss's thought processes. While I was "away" (he says "away" like I was sunning meself on a beach somewhere and not having surgery! ) he took a couple of phone calls... you know the ones... recorded messages... waffling on about accidents and claims and whatnot. He has drawn the conclusion from these calls that I must have been phoning around the "no win, no fee" scummy leeching barstewards, cos there's "no way" they could've got our number from anywhere else. What, you mean apart from the yellow pages, phone directory, our 3 related web sites and BT? *despairs*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 11/12/2008 13:09  

Your boss sounds like a right.............................................,sorry hang on,can't find it yet.......... Matt,can have a *8*k*r smiley?

Update Reply
Oggy @ 11/12/2008 17:07  

He's just "special" Oggy

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 11/12/2008 18:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email