MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Things I have found I cannot do

Things I have found I cannot do - Forums [Biker Match] Things I have found I cannot do - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Things I have found I cannot do

Today I found out that I cannot ride a motorcycle in 10cm/4" of snow. I also found out that motorcycles dont make such pretty snow angels as humans do. Another thing I found out, it hurts less to fall off in the snow than it does in the dry. I now know this as I managed to fall off twice before I had even got halfway down the street (about 50 yards).Later on today I will find out if my local Honda dealer stocks the necessary parts to repair the bike. I will aslo find out if I can claim a days holiday pay, as I have so much holiday to use by March it would be doing the company and myself a favour. I now know my limit for riding in snow is 2"/5cm.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/12/2008 08:48  

Awwww... @ Frags Motorcycle Snow Angels !! and FOUR inches of snow? blimey... think thats heading our way too ! Glad yr ok tho..and good luck with the parts!

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/12/2008 09:16  

eeeek Frag!!!! respect goes out to you for even attempting to go out in the snow on the bike!! You are ok though??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/12/2008 09:24  

No, I will die! My pride is mortally injured. I am no seriously considering getting 4 wheels! This will not do, it cannot be. It is a very slippery slope to hell, I mean what happens if i get a ..... car!!!! Before you know it, you are using the car instead of the bike as it is easier. then you start to use the car for work as it saves you getting into bike gear, then you use the car to visit friends as its more secure to park a car than a bike. See where I am going, they are the start of a very slipperly slope leading to the darkes hottest recesses of hell!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/12/2008 09:42  

Nooooo... Frag... keep telling yourself this is just a temporary measure...! Even wiv my very limited experience of actually riding a bike, I know as soon as the weather is good I will wanna be on two wheels for sure!

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/12/2008 10:01  

Good on yer, frag!! Glad to hear you are ok and well done for even attempting a ride. Up here, we tend to lash two bikes together for better stability (use a broom handle across the two handlebars and tie it on with washing line or conjoined shoe laces). If the snow is still powdery, skis are worn on the outer foot (with appropriate brake/gear lever mods) and if icy then crampons should be used instead (but remember to SKIP the pre-ride checking of the tyres by kicking them!). If your helmet has plastic buckles, rather than metal then you can pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds (800W) to keep your ears toasty for a while. Another trick is to relieve yourself as you ride and assuming you are wearing decent thermals, that lovely warmness will be wicked all around your body. Gentlemen may also offer 'top-ups' to their lady companions on long journeys although it should be noted that a) whistling b) flatulating and c) the passing of solids at the same time is considered bad form! If I think of any more tips I will pass them on... although it sounds as if you probably know all these anyway!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/12/2008 10:03  

all was ok till you said solid's

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/12/2008 12:16  

it's headin my way [fkn stuff] but should be milder by wkd!!last time i rd a bike in snow was 30 yrs ago goin to work at Portland dockyards from Dorchester an i came off! remember sliding jus behind the bike[a suzuki 175cc trail] gracefully down Ridgeway hill! no damage thankfully!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/12/2008 12:21  

I understand your distress Frag, I really do. Some years ago I learnt that I cannot ride up my parent's driveway as normal on freezing days if earlier that morning my Mother has cleared the snow using the kettle! Unless of course I want to park my bike, on it's side, in their next door neighbours' driveway. Some very good tips there TC - have to remember them. I often save a right big f*rt up until I am in bed with the covers tightly around me on cold nights but have never thought about similar techniques on the bike!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/12/2008 12:54  

ewwww ,I'd rather be cold

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2008 13:11  

Sorry LC He he he he

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/12/2008 15:07  

You must have a very understanding partner Geoff

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2008 16:30  

partner!!!!! after that revalation!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/12/2008 16:51  

i cannot freeze a tub of cart do'r chocolate heaven cos i fergot mre freezer pkd up guess i'll have to eat the lot!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/12/2008 16:53  

Just send it up here, TM! It didn't get above minus 10 all weekend, although I think it has crept up to minus single figures today... snow looked beautiful against that blue sky though! Things I have found I cannot do - instantly recognise my own feet when they suddenly appear in front of my face. Realisation came as soon as my arse hit the floor!! *ouch*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/12/2008 16:57  

your welcome to keep yer blue sky an snow you ole romantic may jes leave the country soon fer winter if me finances can take the strain!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/12/2008 17:04  

Sorry to hear of your off Frag...it was just as bad here this morning and my knickers were brown by the time I got to work.....on a bend my back end just slid from under me but amazingly I managed to stay on the bike and bring it under control.....stick with it girl...you're wise enough not to get a car methinks. sorry to hear about the bike tho..now what can I fancy

Update Reply
Herne @ 02/12/2008 17:28  

Doh...silly me I forgot you use the smaller bike for work ...phew my hearts no longer broken

Update Reply
Herne @ 02/12/2008 17:30  

Thinks of the joy of keeping littlechick warm ..............sorry LC I'm not a perv really

Update Reply
Herne @ 02/12/2008 17:31  

Herne said, "sorry LC I'm not a perv really" You lie like cheap chinese watch lol!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/12/2008 18:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email