MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

SQL Errors - Need your input

SQL Errors - Need your input (6) - Forums [Biker Match] SQL Errors - Need your input (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

SQL Errors - Need your input

lol sorry Matt!

Not really an issue - everything functions the next time - just intermittent errors jumping up

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 23:42  

ok i'm running a trace on the server now, trying to spot when these deadlocks happen to see what process is locking up the tables

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/02/2009 08:46  

One deadlock found so far today - someone tried to run a search on the profiles whilst another person's account was being updated with their "last visited" date and time. Really don't how how I can avoid these errors - seems impossible

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/02/2009 11:44  

There were a load last night about 11pm UK time. 37 deadlocks yesterday in total, all caused when the database was being updated with the lasted date/time that someone accessed the site (Whilst others were trying to search for profiles, etc). The 2 jobs conflict and the search gets rejected. I'm working on a solution

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/02/2009 07:21  

ok I think i've fixed most of it now. I've corrected the searches so that they don't lock the database tables. Few more changes to make (like to chatroom) before it's all fixed. Performance will be dramatically improved also after this.

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/02/2009 08:25  

Well done Matt - persistence pays off eh?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/02/2009 08:40  

I will be SO happy if I've FINALLY fixed this problem that we've had since day one. It's been reduced as much as possible by being all on one server (faster), but never totally stopped. I think now I may have solved it, but I'm not crossing my fingers just yet. So far I've applied my "fix" to the profile searching and forums (2 biggest used sections). So far no deadlocks today, but yesterday all the deadlocks were at night.

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/02/2009 12:33  

LOADS of changes made! In fact nearly every database command in every page of code has been updated. And so far... not a single deadlock all day! Brilliant!!! I know, i know, I'm a genius. lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/02/2009 20:27  

Cheers Matt!! Thanks a lot for all the work you are doing behind the scenes to streamline stuff - much appreciated!! (by myself, anyway!)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/02/2009 20:44  

im just so happy i might have found a solution. Been bugging me for 2 years!

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/02/2009 20:51  

48 hours and not a single deadlock! I'd say it's pretty much fixed YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/02/2009 21:42  

Woo hoo! Good job Matt!! Now you just have to fix those sticky keys on your keyboard.... (am saying nothing.....)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/02/2009 22:15  

Cant upload any pic did have one on but when trying to change it keep getting following error message Uploaded Photos Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Cursor updates are not allowed on tables opened with the NOLOCK option. /sites/bm/myaccount/showphotos.asp, line 156

Update Reply
D4VO @ 05/02/2009 22:42  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3155

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/02/2009 16:44  

fixed

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/02/2009 16:55  

had this a couple of times lately Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /sites/bm/forum/posts.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/03/2009 21:06  

had this a couple of times lately Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /sites/bm/forum/posts.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/03/2009 21:07  

keep getting the same as julie-very slow running tonight Matt!

Update Reply
old red @ 15/03/2009 21:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email