MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

I've got this vision of meetings going horribly wrong, with the northern crew all assembling somehwre in Kent amd wondering where everyone else is.
The answer, of course, will be that they've all taken off to Matlock and we've all unknowingly passed each other somewhere on the M6 near Birmingha, headed in opposite directions...

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/11/2008 19:01  

Now Wills, that ain't nice...tryin to lead them up the garden M6 path! U know full well they gotta stay on the M1 til Nottingham! (Hey, fancy a postings race?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2008 19:21  

Hey old chaps we have satty navs Not bits string & rubber bands

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2008 19:44  

Your right xklybr its 2 easy, shame they dont have a sense of humour, by the way what currency do they use down there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/11/2008 23:59  

We have got a sense of humour. We're just humouring your cheap shots at us southerners. We use a thing called money down here. Long gone are the days of bartering.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2008 00:06  

Yeah, i got a sense of humour too...also a sense of honour...... sounds like yours is seriously f**ked up geez.

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 19/11/2008 00:27  

Hi Ricdude, think we ought to change barter to banter, no harm ment, just a bit of fun, have you gone metric down there yet.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 19/11/2008 00:41  

OK guys and gals, what's your definition of north and south?
Oxford has always been a second home to me ever since I was a small child, but I've always thought of it more as south midlands rather than yer real south. Yet here's Arf lining up with the southerners and Aylesbury's north of Oxford. Puzzled.
To me Matlock is north. Rugged scenery, local accent is more north that midlands, yet it's regarded as east midlands.
Then you've got place like the south Manchester commuter belt, which feels like a bit of Surrey wrenched from its roots and transplanted 180 miles north, and Liverpool which isn't really 'north' in the ee-bah-gum trouble oop t'mill sense, cos it's got far too many bloody-minded celts in its gene pool.
I'm getting seriously puzzled here and it's time i shut up. Hey, why don't we form a united front to wind up the frogs?

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/11/2008 00:46  

Would that be the Northern frogs, or the Southern frogs?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2008 10:34  

Errr... well I'm London born.. but lived oop North half mi life now ..so... I'm ont fence so to speak. One thing that puzzles me is ... when i was dahn sahf.. we always sed 'Up Norf' but my 'then fiance' from 'up norf' always sed 'Up London' And a mate of mine in Scotland calls me a Suvverner now.. even tho I live in Yorkshire ?!? * Arf... i ant forget tha knows... working on it ...hehe*

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/11/2008 10:52  

I can't win... the Americans hate me cos by place of birth I'm a damn Yank, the British hate me cos by place of living I'm a soft shandy drinking suvverner... it's all bolleaux ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 19/11/2008 10:57  

yehhhh I agree Lou! There's too much hate abart, lets have more loving !

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/11/2008 11:03  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2008 11:20  

Well done XK...nowt like a gud 'uggin ! Have a Karey Special !

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/11/2008 11:27  

Just gets me back up when people say "crappy south". If ya going to slag it down at least put your reasons.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2008 18:20  

Well Ric..theres allas gonna be people that don't like stuff/places/people/bikes or wotever... The world wud be a strange old place if we all liked the same stuff.. But.. I agree like u say.. if theres something somebody doesn't like then they shud give a reason why? Maybe theyve had a bad experience down south .. or maybe they think all the wealth is down there ( I kno my brothers terrace house sold for 3x times more than what the same house wudda sold up here) but then, the cost of living is so much more. It's swings and roundabouts... Unfair to judge a part of the country tho .. speshly if theyve never been there..... Good an Bad everywhere * reet...am off my soapbox now.....anyone for a cuppa?*

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/11/2008 18:58  

Re; Wills being puzzled...to try n help unravel it a bit geez...Oxford is, of course in Oxfordshire, which is a Southern county....Aylesbury is in Buckinghamshire, also a Southern county...as is Milton Keynes for that matter .....even further up the map.... But do you know what ...who gives a f**k?....don't matter to me where anyone was born, brought up, happens to call home etc..etc..race...sex....creed...whatever.... Quality of said individual is all i'm interested in....can't be doing with all this north/south divide bo**ox.....got mates from all over this little island...... Some of which i'm proud to say, ive met through BM

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 19/11/2008 20:45  

But do you know what ...who gives a f**k?....don't matter to me where anyone was born, brought up, happens to call home etc..etc..race...sex....creed...whatever....

Hear, hear!

You can be sky blue pink with purple spots for all I care... A tosser's a tosser, but I'll never assume tosserdom simply because of geographical location, race, colour, creed, sexuality etc etc etc.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 19/11/2008 20:53  

First of all, I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with Arf and Wannabe when it comes to a fundamental belief that the distinction between gentleman/lady and total tosspot and onanist is something that cuts right across race, colour, creed, social class, sexual orientation, age or whatever.

But I am still curious about perceptions, such as whether Oxford is south or midlands. FWIW the BBC regards it as midlands and ITV regards it as south (or is it vice versa). Similarly whether the Derbyshire peak district is north or midlands.

Maybe the true tribal divide is along the proverbial line from the Severn to the Wash, separating the lowlands from the uplands.

This one will run and run...

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/11/2008 22:10  

Couldn't give a toss whats south and whats north. Slag us down and explain yourself or shut the f**k up. I'm not normally wound up like this as anyone on here who knows me will tell you,but this time its got me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2008 22:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email