MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Born before 1986 ??

Born before 1986 ?? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Born before 1986 ?? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Born before 1986 ??

Ahhhh great thread! Had a smile on me face readin all the way through that...! One of the memories that sticks in my head was the old record player we had (in a great big heavy case)...the only records being those of my parents...which included 'bridge over troubled water' and 'good vibrations'..(which i still know every word to if i hear em on the radio!)...and they had a 78 of Elvis's Love me Tender..that was actually broken clean in half and still played without jumping! Was introduced to rock music at about the age of 15...(after a short period of madness where I thought I liked the Bay City Rollers and Grease...omggggggggg)...used to save all me pocket money and paper round money to buy every one of Led Zeps albums on vinyl! oh...and our first tv had sliding wooden doors...cor we thought it was dead posh!! I chose woodwork at school...then there was some new daft rule that girls shouldnt do it and they made me swap to bleedin 'home economics'...aaarrrgghh!

Update Reply
Catey67 @ 18/10/2008 14:00  

BANANA SPLITS!! Don't know if thats been on here yet, but i just heard the old theme tune to it on the radio, brought back some great memories, so just had to mention it!! Bet loadsa you can remember, and still 'la la' along to the theme tune right now!! They were seriously nuts! In a tripped out, crack cocaine stylee!!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 18/10/2008 17:30  

I remember Banana splits, pmsl... Does anyone confess to watching the double deckers ? BTW Catey67 My old man still has a tv with sliding wooden doors lol

Update Reply
Spyder @ 18/10/2008 19:09  

I used to watch Double deckers. Did you know that the The Black actor in it Brinsley ford went on to form Aswad. Not a lot of people know that!! Like the retro shades spyder. You've got an eighties Graham Bonnett thing goin on there.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/10/2008 19:20  

forgot to mention my still fully working Betamax video recorder, which is actually up for sale if anyone is interested. lol

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/10/2008 19:32  

Think you'll find your halfway there Bluesbiker, Brinsley actually co founded Aswad with Drummie Zeb. 'Live & Direct', What a classic album...ah, but i digress! A topic covered somewhere else methinks!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 19/10/2008 00:17  

now let me see....ha,penny..penny..threepenny bit(rhyming slang for something else wasn,t it??)sixpenny(tanner)piece..shilling(bob)two shilling(two bob)half crown(two shillings&sixpence)crown(five shillings..this was actually phased out pre decimilisation) ten bob note..1..5..10..20..&..50 £ notes...just before my time was also farthing coin(4 to a penny).....Catey67 i remember my sisters old Dansette record player it could only play 7" singles prior to that was mum,s big old gramaphone player(like a big old sideboard)upgraded to B.S.R record player 45 331/2 & 78 rpm& you could stack 5 7" singles to drop & play individually(technology at its best) lots more coming back to me now with this thread ahh memories...cheers again for this one Spyder..

Update Reply
old red @ 19/10/2008 14:49  

omg.................pmsl..... thanks to you all for bringin back those memories.... you've put a big smile on my face...... yeah, i also choose woodwork....the knobs said i could do typing or child care........how crap was that?...lol what about the real fires... havin to out to the outhouse for the coal...... sliding down mud slides, rippin ya trousers 'n' gettin a clip round ya lug hole? scrumping 'n' bein petrified that you'll get caught cause u knew what would happen when u got home....pmsl, i remember gettin 4sweets for a penny... we thought we were rich if we got 5p....lol.. what about the clangers? sad but i remember my first pop up book was the clangers..pmls, chips.. the two cops on m/bikes... goin into kids homes..... we'd just say we were goin out 'n' not go back til next mornin......once we knew the cops weren't about...... hangin around the park, just havin a laugh, there were fights between mods 'n' rockers... skivin school to go on the cb at my mates house....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2008 16:41  

real fires eh..remember getting up 5.30 ish with my dad to get the fire going coal from down in cellar screwed up newspaper n bits of wood to get it going holding newspaper up to coal shovel as a damper..can smell it burning now..used to go home for dinner from school BANANA BUTTIES..

Update Reply
old red @ 19/10/2008 17:12  

lol yeah our record player was like that...stack all the 7" singles on top of each other to drop down one by one...hee hee and the Clangers!! great stuff...(my avatar on another forum I go on is Clanger...lol...partly cos i loved the program and partly cos I'm good at droppin em...! .....clangers that is!!)

Update Reply
Catey67 @ 19/10/2008 17:15  

Oh my Chadvalley give a show slide projector with my pinky and perky slides, I used to give my brothers and sisters nightly slide shows. Think I still have one in the loft.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 19/10/2008 19:13  

How much do u charge 4 yr pink & perky slide show?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2008 20:06  

yu obviously aint gettin any lately XK!![ps can recomend a good knockin shop anytime your down this way!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 20/10/2008 10:52  

ATC! How very dare you! Her Majestys Royal Air Force if you dont mind! Unless it's the Rocks or the Armourers, ain't worth me attention, ya bunch o' Penguins....... Unless, of course, you're a Snowdrop, in which case I'll just p*ss meself laughing, mate - Our guns are bigger than yours I'm sure my friends who are still serving would seek retribution for my cheek, but someone's got to make fun, haven't they? Mind you, better Penguins than the Pongos, eh? I don't get half this 'nostalgia' stuff.... People are talking about some things that I still make use of, here!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 20/10/2008 11:30  

wow i had forgotten bout half this stuff,cheers peeps. Still have a clanger and a soup dragon,had to keep my afghan in the shed cg,along with ny leather and cut off cos they stank of patchoulli(still one of my fave smells) used to have to shake them out before i could put them on to get rid of the spiders. and who could forget SPANGLES!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2008 12:45  

I used to have a Parsley the Lion, he was ace, I was about 6 or 7 when I got him on holiday in Butlins. Mums got a pic of me and Tony stood outside the chalet, when Butlins was like Hi-De-Hi, with the squeaky metal bunkbeds, a sink and a double bed and tiled floor, luxury, well we thought it was lol My mum has an old player in cream inside, smoke stained :-), and green bobbly fabric outside where you stacked loads on and they fell down to play one at a time, shes still got tonnes of records for it too, still in the original, 'His Masters Voice' cases...... we had a coal fire too, dad used to be an expert at chopping wood with a sharp axe, can still see him now swinging the axe over his shouler and getting the logs pencil thin for mum to put on the fire the next morning.... ah reminissing......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/10/2008 20:18  

hmmm, rose tinted xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2008 22:07  

coal fire in the lounge warm fronts cold backs,kitchen had a coal stove which heated the water!rest of the house was feckin freezing, remember havin me dads army greatcoat on the bed to keep me warm!no duvets then jus cold white sheets an blankets an hot water bottles!ice on the inside of the windows!no double glazin!draughts every where!no carpets jus lino!with the occasional rug!later on we had paraffin heater's,

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 21/10/2008 01:33  

oooh parafin heaters !! i remember mum usedta send us to the Esso garage for some pink parafin for the portable heater..and on the way back we hadta call into the offy for 10 No6.. blimey.. we was only abart 10 or 11 then ! lol Ahhh hot water bottles.. still use them sumtimes..sumfin nice abart cuddlin up to them lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/10/2008 07:16  

No6?....Not Woodbines,then.?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2008 09:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email