MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Can soneone help me please?

Can soneone help me please? - Forums [Biker Match] Can soneone help me please? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Can soneone help me please?

I'm about tearing my hair out. I moved into my new home and after much argy bargy, BT installed a landline. They cocked up my order for a full package and gave me a telephone line only. I phoned up and changed my package to Options 3 with the latest hub...Nothing has ever worked properly..hub keeps crashing, Ive no telly through their BT Vision box and the internet keeps crashing along with my hub phone. Despite weeks of very long phone calls to technical helplines and a visit by one of their engineers...still no joy...Are any of you engineers with BT and could get over to mine to sort it out..PLEASE The engineer came last Wednesday and supposed to have ordered another new hub...yet last night after 4 hours on the phone, no order...so they reckon theyve ordered another hub...Ive paid a lot of money for this Options 3 package, connection charges and deposit...I feel at my wits end Thanks folks, any practical help would be very much appreciated Rose

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 07/10/2008 14:53  

Hi, sounds like a real b****r of a problem, when it stops working most of us suddenly realise how much we rely on internet etc...

Can't help though on solving it, I'd recommend calling helpdesk & ask to speak to manager / supervisor don't go over & over the basics which you've probably explained many times over. Your requirements are very simple after all, you'd like to be able to make full use of the services you have ordered and are paying BT for, plus some compensation or refund for the time in which the service has been un-usable by you would probably be in order.

Good Luck!
Nick

Update Reply
njl @ 07/10/2008 17:23  

Sorry I cannot offer any practical advice on your actual problem. (We don't get BT in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hull</st1:City></st1:place>) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> But the STD line you should take with BT is this little nugget or retail LAW!!!!!<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> If a product or service is "not fit for the purpose for which it was purchased" then FULL refund is the least you can demand and that IS one of your statutory rights!<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> You know those which they love to refer too when they bang on about this that or the other being a supplement to those rights!<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 07/10/2008 18:17  

have you checked the ASDL filters...re-set buttons on rear of hub?...i had to run software twice..about all i can suggest Rose...apart from telling them where they can shove option 3...good luck Dave

Update Reply
old red @ 07/10/2008 18:28  

Go round to BT HQ and kick their nuts in!! Then get your local school geek to fix it instead. It'll probably be so much better afterward that you can get satelite TV from all the way to the next galaxy!! Most it'll cost you is a flash of your tits and a pack of assorted diodes from Maplins..... :D

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 08/10/2008 04:43  

Hi BK.. I have a BT hub, and when mine goes down,, i press the grey button on the back for 15 seconds and wait for the hub to re-boot itself... Try that, it may help. Good luck.

Update Reply
SP @ 08/10/2008 18:49  

Thanks for all the replies fellas....will try anything once!! lol Ive got another new hub and Im going to uninstall and reinstall everything on Saturday when Ive got all day to mess about...cheers

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 09/10/2008 18:39  

I have had the same prob with mine still waiting to get the phone part of mine it is madness they take the money and run idiot's

Update Reply
scooby6171 @ 10/10/2008 15:49  

I feel like telling them to take the equipment and shove it where the sun doesnt shine Scooby!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 10/10/2008 18:17  

I still have not got the phone and can't use the hub so they have gave me the old system instead now, you ever spk to anyone in english yet at the call centre cause i ain't. They are numb nuts

Update Reply
scooby6171 @ 11/10/2008 09:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email