MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I did it !!!!! woooooo hoooooo :d

I did it !!!!! woooooo hoooooo :d - Forums [Biker Match] I did it !!!!! woooooo hoooooo :d - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I did it !!!!! woooooo hoooooo :d

Got my CBT cert today !!!! I ant stopped grinning yet!! I was apprehensive this mornin, thinking I really don't wanna do this, I'm never gonna master the throttle/clutch thing.. but i turned up, while Glyn the instructor was doin some maintenance on the bike...and I had a good chat to him. Then we did some car park work and as it was 3 wks since i had last had a go, it took a few attempts to get things going agen. While Glyn took the others out on the road I waited and got talking to Dave, the owner, he got me radioed up and talked me round the car park, which was much much better as I had no others watching, after a few laps, he sed, 'rite, im gonna leave u to enjoy the bike on your own' and i did !! The nerves went and I was relaxin more and was grinning like a big kid !! So the time to go out in the big open road came, and i was still a bit nervous, but Glyn sed if i dint feel confident after 20 mins, we wil come back... Well........... I was grinning all the way round !! Loved it !!!!! I made a cuppla little mistakes, stalled at a stop junction, took a left hander a bit too wide, cos i dint change down.. but things I instantly knew i'd done..and things that I know i can correct. So all in all a brilliant day !! I'm like a giddy kipper !! Can't wait to get mi own little bike, but it mite not be this side of Christmas... just hope i can get one ASAP tho, as Ive truly got the bug now and I jus wanna get out there !! This is where the learning really begins,.... Thanks agen u lot for all your encouragement.. !! Your proppa diamonds ! xxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/10/2008 16:03  

Well done!!

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/10/2008 16:09  

Wot can I say - proud of u lass and a big

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2008 16:12  

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done and happy riding Kaz XXXXX

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 05/10/2008 16:27  

Thats fantastic news Karey didn't I tell you, you would get there in the end. Sounds like you found yourself a good training school too.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 05/10/2008 16:42  

Well done Karey . Happy hunting for your first bike .

Update Reply
fastjock @ 05/10/2008 16:43  

awwwww thanks Wills, XK and Tracy !!! xxxxxxxxx Wish it was mi big bike test.. but one step at a time eh?

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/10/2008 16:44  

Wooohoooo, thats fookin fantastic! Bloody well done! Am well proud of ya! xx

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 05/10/2008 16:56  

So pleased for you K X

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 05/10/2008 17:04  

Cheers Dips !! yeh u did ! and i have ! lol Cheers fastjock.. I'm lookin now..but gotta wait till my bike fund builds up agen lol Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Steph !! Cheers mate ! I can't wait to get out and ride mi own bike to Squires!! well ..mebbe not for a while yet.. but.. one day !! lol xx Cheers Arf ! xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/10/2008 17:06  

Well done that girl. If you need a hand checking out bikes or someone to follow you, let me know.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 05/10/2008 17:20  

Well done, CBT out of the way, get the biggie done when you're ready and then ...... a whole new world!!!!!

Update Reply
CHATPAL @ 05/10/2008 17:23  

Let me know Kaz when you do(if you can do it i can!), and i'll come with you

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 05/10/2008 17:23  

Cheers Geoff, i mite just tek u up on that, WHEN i get a bike Cheers Chatpal.. One step at a time, I'm happy to stick on L's for a bit You're on Steff !! but don't hold your breath, gonna tek me a while before I can afford a bike, let alone riding thro the car park in front of all them bikers !!! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/10/2008 02:58  

hey Karey - told ya you could do it~!!!! ...know exactly what you mean by can't stop grinning - it seems like ages since i did my CBT & am soooooo desperate to get a bike now

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 06/10/2008 03:15  

Congrats Karey! Well done

Update Reply
mat750 @ 06/10/2008 07:14  

Well done Karey! I have an excuse to come over to Barnsley now. You can take a load of us to your local biker haunt for coffee when you get your wheels. :)

Update Reply
Phil @ 06/10/2008 07:36  

HFG. !! U did indeed ! I was thinking abart u as I was out on the roads, there was a young lad wiv me on a scoot and Glyn had me leading most of the way, I kept leaving them behind !! haha. Cheers Mat750 and PP Mite just tek a good few months (and more) b4 I'm taking anyone to Squires... on mi own bike anyway !! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/10/2008 07:59  

A very big well done Karey now come on girl get the big one done if you need a hand pm me and i will come and give you some tips

Update Reply
scooby6171 @ 06/10/2008 10:21  

CONGRATULATIONS Kaz DEAD DEAD proud of you mate!!!!!! xxxxxx

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 06/10/2008 10:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email