MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Seasick Steve

Seasick Steve (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Seasick Steve (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Seasick Steve

OOOpsssss...... Ricdude syndrome strikes again!!!!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 27/09/2008 10:04  

Heyyy Arf...that is well cool ! im a Seasick Steve convert ! Perfick for chillin out to ! Nice one

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/09/2008 10:11  

Cool!! Your welcome Karey:o)
Think his music is a really refreshing change from the normal kinda bluesy stuff (although i love that too).
Love his 3 string slide guitar madness!!
Great story behind it too.
If you get a chance, check out the interview with him on you tube, the man certainly lived the part, rather than just looking it!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 27/09/2008 10:24  

I will for sure ! Just rushin abart at min..but will check it out later! Tek care..and enjoy the rest of yr weekend ! :o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/09/2008 10:28  

You too.....((((hugs)))))

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 27/09/2008 10:35  

Don't Forget Yer man is on "Later" Tonight. BBC2 22:00. This doesn't apply to Anyone who listens to radio 1 or Saga by the way.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/09/2008 14:14  

Enjoyed that !! thanks for the reminder Blues

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/09/2008 17:21  

Arse....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 30/09/2008 17:26  

oh dear...did u miss it? Dohhhh jus bloomin winked at TC by mistake !!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/09/2008 17:30  

Grrr.. and I thought my luck was in!!! *sigh* yep... knew it was on but was working and had Ross Noble (Live at the Apollo) on in the background and forgot...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 30/09/2008 17:32  

awww never mind..it mite be on youtube soon enuff...plenty more of his stuff on there. as for winkin.. i have this terrible squint..........

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/09/2008 17:40  

Am used to it by now... of the pathetically small number of winks I have had, 3 were from dudes, 4 were sympathy winks and 3 (excluding yours) were mistakes.... I think I am beginning to get the message... I am going to buy his album anyway as per Arfur's recommendation... am just going to look at that dude bluesbiker recommended now... I need a little break!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 30/09/2008 17:49  

awwww darn...i shudda jus pretended i'd ment to do it ..soz.. wadda i mean?? course i ment to do it.. yeh i did.. im sure i did... dint it? lol Yeh I'm gonna look out for his album too and Blues recommendation... i really like this kinda chill-out music, can't beleive i ant never heard of him. Cheers agen Arf..for bringin it to the forefront

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/09/2008 17:54  

Ok... just been listening to some recommendations... Mudlow & Walter Trout - not immediately grabbing my attention... Joe Bonamassa - need to listen to some more but could be tempted into buying an album Mostly Autumn - will definitely be searching the shops for their stuff. Haven't listened to enough prog rock recently! Thanks again to Arfur, bluesbiker and Cruiser gal for their recommendations... any further leads are more than welcome!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 30/09/2008 18:23  

"Later" is on again at the end of the week. you should also be able to see it on i-player Hope you like JB. I've got all 8 albums and his live dvd. But i'm a bit of a lost cause.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/09/2008 18:25  

If you like chilled out then look no furthur than a track called "Lenny" By the late, great stevie ray vaughan. Another of my fave musicians

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/09/2008 18:32  

Cheers bb - will get on it! There is something in a couple of JB songs that every now and again hit the right chords (no pun intended). Will listen to some more on Youtube when I have more time... (for me to REALLY enjoy music it has to stir something deep down inside of me... i.e. Duffy's live version of Stepping Stone or Brian Molko's acoustic version of Five Years)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 30/09/2008 18:37  

All music is completly personal to the individual thats listening to it. Its like marmite. you just do or you don't. I like energy in the music i listen to. you can find that in the quitest music. But blues is where my heart lies. saying that i have a lot of music.from early peter green fleetwood mac and early Whitesnake to placebo. Also motown and northern soul. I think you've got to listen to tracks a few times to really get them.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/09/2008 18:46  

Something you forgot to add to you post bluesbiker is that you also know all the words to all the music you have in your collection, hopefully now riding your bike is more enjoyable after your op you will start to get out more. Gosh am I in for it now.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 01/10/2008 13:38  

If there are any of you out there that are fans of folk music. you may be interested to know that Ade edmondson (he of "the young ones" fame) has formed a folk band called The Bad shepherds. The are performing old punk rock tunes done in a folk styli with fiddles and everything. They are performing just about everywhere from the end of october onwards. check em out at thebadshepherds.com.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 03/10/2008 16:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email