MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Sat Nav(to buy or not to buy)

Sat Nav(to buy or  not to buy) (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Sat Nav(to buy or  not to buy) (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Sat Nav(to buy or not to buy)

i wouldnt want to keep lookin at the thing on the move as there lies danger! ones with bluetooth or a socket for ear phones and bracket for bike are gonna be more exspensive! have a look on tinternet

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 24/02/2009 19:54  

zumo 550 or new 660 bluetooth to helmet cant go wrong,love my 550

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 24/02/2009 21:06  

so there is a reconditioned one one ebay,£364 or best offer, is this reasonable ? (zumo 550)

Update Reply
julie j @ 24/02/2009 21:41  

My Zumo has been brilliant from day one and has taken me all over Spain, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, plus there and back in each case. The only problem I've ever had with it was on the hottest day in Switzerland it was overheating and shutting down (I presume a self-preservation thing) and it was nearly 40 degrees! Saying this I would hope they could withstand higher temperatures than this given that there are hotter and indeed, much hotter countries?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/02/2009 22:49  

amazin how we drove all over Europe an down to India without one,and i would never have met a Swedish girlfriend with a twat nav cos i wouldnt have got lost an ended up in her village askin direction's [jus a thought!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 24/02/2009 23:18  

have to agree TM..it does have benefits not having one hehhe

Update Reply
meza95 @ 25/02/2009 00:13  

So there's no chance that we can get lost together now then TM?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2009 13:53  

modern technology for ya LC kills romance!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/02/2009 17:25  

lol hypocrit TM!!!!!! Zumo zumo zumo all the way. Designed for bikers, and by bikers by the looks of it. It's fantasic, and comes with all the car and motorbike mounts necessary. Mine has taken me all over Europe and America with ease, never got me lost or had any problems - even in the most complicated areas. I never had any problems with temperatures either (Geoff, you musn't be riding fast enough to get the air flowing past it) ZUMO 550!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2009 20:54  

on the *cough*odd *cough*occasion i got lost, the natives vanished. i must have scared them off more reason to get sat nav i suppose

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 25/02/2009 20:59  

i know thats the one to get but its sooooooooo expensive, do you have any idea how much lippy and mascara i could get for £400?

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/02/2009 21:08  

are you sure you,ll be able to find the buttons on it???

Update Reply
old red @ 25/02/2009 21:08  

i agree twat nav's are useful but fer fk's sake where's yer sense of adventure jus get a map stop frettin and up an go! you got a tom tom one use that!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/02/2009 21:33  

sorry, red stuff again! think mine will be usefull toward end of journey's when lookin for st addresses,[the main reason fer gettin one] as for gettin to Weymouth from Harrogate jus head into the settin sun thats romantic! [if we get any!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/02/2009 10:20  

Former sat nav sceptic and now a TomTom Rider owner, it rarely gets used for navigation but the nice little siren 300 yards before speed cameras is reassuring, I usually spot the camera before the warning but it only needs to spot a couple I don't to pay for itself. The nearest petrol station function has been handy a couple of times as well. For navigation I have found it useful for finding places in unfamiliar towns, in between towns I prefer to just head in the general direction and see where I end up.

Update Reply
prof @ 13/03/2009 22:58  

I like the estimated time to arrive helpful if your heading for a boat. Have a Garmin 2620 at moment not sure what I will update to

Update Reply
micksaway @ 13/03/2009 23:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email