MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Up 'n coming Isle of Wight visit recommendations

Up 'n coming Isle of Wight visit recommendations - Forums [Biker Match] Up 'n coming Isle of Wight visit recommendations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Up 'n coming Isle of Wight visit recommendations

Hi there, Anywhere nice to stay on IOW? Am gonna do a li'l circuit over the course of a week 'n wondered if any learned brethren knew of a biker friendly place to stay with covered/secure parking....... oh.. which is cheap I know I can look on Google but there's nothing better than word of mouth from experts on a place like this so, any help appreciated! Thank you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2008 08:32  

Hi Rob I belong to a few bike and Trike clubs, try giving I.O.W Trikes a look http://www.towrags-iow.co.uk/Home.htm they may be of help to you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2008 05:12  

You're a gentleman Sir..... Will have a looksee tonight! Many thanks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2008 13:14  

Everywhere's nice on the Isle of Wight :o)

Don't know about the biker-friendly side of things, but the island's so dinky, you just need to find a nice spot for your R&R and trip out daily from your base.

& pack good walking shoes/boots - loads of lovely places to explore ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/09/2008 13:27  

Please please bring me back a little model of a T-Rex from Blackgang Chine!?! *sigh* I loved that place....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 08/09/2008 13:35  

Hi Rob I took my bike over to the IOW for a weeks holiday last year with a group of bikers from the cbr forum, we stayed at Beaper farm it was a nice tidy clean site, showers and toilets where clean and if you are unlucky like we were to have rain, rain and even more rain then there is a place you can put your bike gear to dry. Aslo we were able to park our bikes on hardstanding right by our tents. It all depends on what you want on a site, it suited us all as we wanted somewhere quiet with no club house. The only downside I would say about the site is the fields are so big and flat if it's likely to be very windy its best to pitch on the second field, we had to move our tents to the shelter of the toilet block but saying that it was the worst weather the IOW had known for years when we went.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 08/09/2008 16:57  

Thanks muchly for all of that Wannabe, yep, that's the general plan.. trouble is I dont know if everywhere's shut now or not TeeCee... ok if I must CruiserGal....dunno bout this camping malarky.. don't like loading the bike up too much you see. Are there chalets there as well or sommat of that ilk? Cheers again all! Rob

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2008 18:19  

Rob no chalets at that site but there are plenty of lovely sites there to chose from. When I go anywhere I always go on line to the tourist information board for that area and get them to send me a booklet about the place, you may even be able to pick one up in your local tourist information board I know they have them in our Tamworth branch. There useful as they contain maps of the area's to. When I was there the group I was riding out with pulled over at the side of a road and I wondered why then they said to me, we will leave you to ride this road on your own as you won't be as fast as us and you probably won't like it and would see me in the carpark at the bottom, so off they went, the road was called Military Road off I went and loved the road and they were all suprised how close behind them I was when I got to the bottom. lol Mind you did have a real laugh on another ride out when I got stuck behind the kiddie island train, my bike was still on restriction I just didn't have the power to over take it. lol I would certainly think about going back there again on my bike, it was a lot of firsts for me going there, I had never ridden on a motorway before, rode there with three other bikes but did the journey home including the motorway on my own, I had never loaded my bike up with gear before and took my tent (family size tent) and everything a woman takes for a weeks holiday all on my bike, (including my iron) Rode my bike onto a ferry. All this on a restricted bike to with only 27bhp. Oh yeah and forgot my left hand wing mirror decided it wanted to swing upside down just as i was moving over to the inside lane after joining the m42 on my way home and where is a Virago's tool kit under the pillion seat which was loaded up with my camping gear. lesson learnt carry tools on top of gear. Luckily I had my multi tool in my bum bag. I am sure where ever you stay and what ever you do while your there you will have a nice time.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 11/09/2008 17:29  

Everyone seems to like Ryde. I'm not sure of the dates, but the IoW does have a couple of MASSIVE bike events every year!! You could go visit the chaps in Parkhurst Prison... I'm sure they'll just *love* a pwetty lickle bikey-boy in leather!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 12/09/2008 06:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email