MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Blitz (as in me) need some help and advice !!

Blitz (as in me) need some help and advice !! (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Blitz (as in me) need some help and advice !! (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Blitz (as in me) need some help and advice !!

i,m up for some of that! sounds like fun & good handling experience t,boot

Update Reply
old red @ 04/09/2008 17:08  

Hey Julie!! (Hope you are having fun on your new bike!!) If you Google "motocross schools" you should come up with some locations. Who knows, if enough people wanna get dirty in the mud it could become a BM event..... edit: looks like old red is up for it too - great stuff!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/09/2008 17:12  

woooo hooooooo that sounds ace ! but i needta get a bike first.. got my CBT soon..and not even fiddled wiv the gears yet !! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/09/2008 17:20  

thanks everyone, yeah the only thing that was dented was my pride, it was nice to be helped up by some a complete stranger rather than them just standing there laughing. done some slight damage but nothing i can't repair with a lump hammer and a bit of g.b.h. and hey what did i do after the fall got right back and on the bike again, have not long come back from a test run to make sure everything is fine. am beat so night all be safe, ride safe

Update Reply
Blitz @ 04/09/2008 17:40  

Good on ya Blitz !! tek care, ride safe ! nite nite

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/09/2008 17:47  

hey gang, have done a quick google and found fun in the mud nr edinborough, looks good but i think that there must be something a bit more central. a lot of the training schools need you to have your own motocross bike and there is no way im getting the new baby all mucked up!

Update Reply
julie j @ 04/09/2008 17:56  

Well done, Blitz!! Think you will have a good nights sleep now... Julie - that is the place near Knockhill race circuit (not far from me). If BM ever have a Scottish meet you could incorporate the motocross training into that. Not a Run to the Sun, more of a Thud to the Mud... I will start a new thread rather than hijack Blitz's.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/09/2008 18:06  

a mate of mine (in fact he sold me the TDM )does a lot of green laning & moto cross he would prob know of somewhere this side o the border..will check with him tomorrow & let u know

Update Reply
old red @ 04/09/2008 18:56  

TeeCee hey the new thread is good been in it had a read and think you hit on to something there.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/09/2008 14:20  

ha ha i got another good one, you know how you ment to look over your shoulder (not sure of the name) well i wear glasses and even when i turn to look over my should all i am really doing is try to look out of the side of my specs which for all points is useless i can't see anything that way. wondering if other people have the same problem and if so what did they do about it. I have an idea but i would don't wont to say at the moment not untill i can patent the idea first ha ha cheeky grin.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/09/2008 14:30  

You mean a lifesaver, Blitz?
I know where you're coming from about the specs, but the purpose of a lifesaver is to spot something pretty large (and unexpected). Even if you're looking past the side of your glasses, you should be able to see summat like a car or bike trying a sneaky undertake or overtake.

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/09/2008 14:53  

Wills that cool, yeah that what i ment, i still do them i understand the importance but was just wondering if there were any tips or trick to beat my damn short sightedness ha ha, well the idea i had was a small pin hole camera mounted in the back of the bike with a feed to a small black and white weather proof sceen on the handle bars. going to rig one up on my yamaha once i got it running and on the road so will let people know if its any good then. that or i could get my visor down in my specs prescription (cost a bit) but would help alot.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/09/2008 20:39  

Blitz, I have been using prescription sports glasses for a couple of years now and they are terrific for motorcycling. Mine are made by Adidas but there are any number of different makes out there. Essentially they are wrap round shades with your prescription lenses as separate inserts which clip onto the bridge inside. No annoying "blind" area between lenses and arms as with normal specs ! Also as they are wrap round style there is less or no wind making your eyes water, if using with open face helmet as I do, or with visor up on a full face. Bonus with these are the fact that the tinted outer lenses simply click in so you can replace when scratched and you get 2 types as standard the mirror type lenses for when the sun shines (Remember the sun?) and a very useful pale yellow pair which are superb for riding at night with as they cut glare from oncoming vehicles headlights but do not impair your night vision. Best £120 I spent in years!! Hope this helps. Billyboy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2008 22:55  

Julie, do you go shopping on your bike? I found that good for helping me get my balance, having weight on the back while I was riding. I'm on Ls and so can't take a pillion but even if I pass my test I won't take a pillion. Just my personal preference. If you practiced with shopping it would help with your balance and adjustment of mirrors and tyre pressure, if needed, (depends on the bike) without having to worry about a pillion doing an unexpected move. Just a thought.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/09/2008 11:52  

good idea kwak, will dig out the givi and nip down to asda then take the long way home!

Update Reply
julie j @ 06/09/2008 13:07  

Good advice Kwak. Get us a prawn pasta salad while ya there Jules!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 06/09/2008 13:56  

and some wotsits?

Update Reply
julie j @ 06/09/2008 14:01  

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 06/09/2008 16:08  

Ohhh the good old days of getting the shopping in the TopBox (and later panniers lol) If I cannot get my shopping in my tank bag (heavy stuff) and maybe on the rack I resort to a big shop and get the trailer out the garden lol, now why did I buy allll that loo roll?? And whats this bumper box of wash powder that bugger will last me a whole year (provided it don't solidify in the bottom quater grrrrrrrr)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 07/09/2008 02:37  

how long do you all reckon before i can go to home base and get a bag of cement?

Update Reply
julie j @ 07/09/2008 15:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email