MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Newsletter - Mailing List

Newsletter - Mailing List - Forums [Biker Match] Newsletter - Mailing List - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Newsletter - Mailing List

Every now and then someone mentions they aren't receiving their newsletter, or asks 'what newsletter, I didn't know we had one?' B M has been issuing a newsletter, via email, once a month for the past 13 months. If you aren't receiving yours maybe you haven't set up your mailing list, to receive B M mail, within your profile. Set your mail box to receive mail and you will then get your newsletter. Start at your 'account' then click on 'edit' don't forget your password or you won't be able to access that section. If you still don't get a newsletter then please contact MATT, site admin/owner, via the CONTACT button on the HOME page.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2008 17:37  

*bump*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2008 17:28  

Numpty question alert... Is it sent out at approx the same time each month?

I changed my account settings to enable it, but haven't had one yet... not entirely sure when I made the change though, so it could be that I did it just after the last one went out & I should wait a few more weeks to see whether or not it's worked ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 01/09/2008 18:05  

Yes, it's usually about the same time every month. September issue due out very soon. Don't forget if you enable your mail box (if it's not already enabled) you need to enter your password, to confirm the change to your settings, or it won't change your preference.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2008 18:15  

It shows up now as "True" so I'm assuming I've made the change in the right way...

I'll keep an eye out over the next week or so then.

Ta muchly :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 01/09/2008 18:26  

Sounds like you've done it right. Let Matt know, if you don't get your copy, via the home page contact button. You're welcome

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2008 18:53  

today or tomorrow it should be, got some urgent things i need to deal with first. Also, if you don't receive it then it's probably a problem on your side - usually you have your junk-mail settings too high and you'll find that the mail was either deleted or moved to a Junk Mail folder. Please folks, don't waste my time (Or kwaks) if you haven't looked into this first from your side! Oh, and if you can receive other mail from BM (Like message alerts, wink alerts, matchmaker alerts etc) then you can receive the Mailing List. And if you don't receive the mailing list, then you've not got it enabled in your account. And if you have got it enabled in your account - you can contact me. :-) Thanks PS: I have 12 different accounts, with 12 different email addresses, with AOL, Hotmail, Google, etc so i know if one service starts to block BM's emails. I always make sure i receive the email on all the accounts

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/09/2008 12:43  

Cool - cheers Matt - should be OK then - I get the other alerts, but didn't have the mailing list enabled before, so I'll keep an eye out for it over the next few days :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 17:09  

I did it right - check me! I.T. geeks R us!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 05/09/2008 04:58  

Update Reply
Di @ 05/09/2008 11:18  

got mine too!!

Update Reply
julie j @ 05/09/2008 13:46  

yeah got mine too but i just want to have a bit of a moan about the colour of it my poor eyes it was hard for me too see it. oh well maybe i should be wearing my specs

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/09/2008 14:27  

u using hotmail? The background should be all BLACK and the text silver, its very easy to read. The problem is - hotmail have started to change the background to fit in with THEIR design. It's disgraceful as far as internet etiquete goes from hotmail, they've really annoyed me with it. How dare they change my design/email? I should sue them for changing my work lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/09/2008 17:06  

When I got my NL in email it had a WHITE background yet when I tried to PRINT it the background changed to BLACK!! I can't print it like that, it would use up too much black ink, my printer won't work if my black ink runs out even if my colour is FULL so how do I get the darn thing to print as I see it in email? Besides that Blitz is right it is too difficult to read. Why a black background? Why any background colour, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't having formatted email make it LARGER? Would have thought with so many to send out that bog standard would have been the best way to do it. Can I have it as a bog standard email please? Then I can print it off. I should sue them for changing my work lol I should sue YOU for changing MY work

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/09/2008 11:29  

The problem is - hotmail have started to change the background to fit in with THEIR design.

Came through on my yahoo as silver on white too - not that it's a problem - just so's you know.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/09/2008 02:14  

^^ditto^^

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/09/2008 04:32  

dammit, so Yahoo are doing it too. Basically, if you use any ONLINE EMAIL SERVICE then it's gonna get changed to silver on white. If you use a normal/real/correct email client then you will see silver on a black background, which looks very nice compared to plain old black on white (Kwak). Looks like i'll have to change it again though before the next one. Why can't these big companies just follow standard internet practices and good-conduct? Grrrrrr.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/09/2008 09:53  

I'm not bothered what colour you choose I prefer bog standard mail I can read without having to alter it. All I'm interested in is being able to read it. As it is at mo I can't print it off, it's too much black. If I print it off before I send it to you I don't get the changes / additions you make. (on your own on the Europe trip?? what happened to the others who said they were going, is Laura with you??)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/09/2008 17:09  

*bumped* for newbies

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2008 05:36  

Another B.U.M.P for newbies and oldies who weren't aware we have a newsletter. (Newsletter began in July 2007) Info is on page 1

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/11/2009 12:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email