MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

northeners urged to migrate south!

northeners urged to migrate south! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] northeners urged to migrate south! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

northeners urged to migrate south!

Beware. To get from the South to the North you need to go through the Midlands........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2008 12:56  

Netty - the Midlands can be the training ground - if they make it passed there then they're in serious trouble when they get up here

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/08/2008 13:00  

then u get to manchester, we r all not that bad up here! some get up, go to work, come home..then start again.for a living not a u say, come over on banarna boats and claim everything. quote:Live fr today!

Update Reply
undertaker @ 13/08/2008 13:03  

Ok then - now bend over **you may wanna bite down hard on something** MAKE ME!!!!!! You want this kind of power, you gotta work for it!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 13/08/2008 13:08  

ok buddy, do u do sheep as well, Ive got the velcro gloves and the wellies.. hee hee ive got the power, just dont work that hard!

Update Reply
undertaker @ 13/08/2008 13:54  

Hey Holmie - that's the plan..... Got some cool marauding maudlin midland maidens to check those rampaging southerners out for you en route...... Tee heee. We can compare notes ....?????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2008 14:06  

Manchester? Holmfirth? Stalybridge? Liverpool? I thought we were talkin abawt northerners - these places are int middle o t'land! Another 50 miles and they'd be in t'south! Glad I'm well north...(save a kickin)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2008 15:31  

Have to admit I thought it must be April 1st when I heard this... Waffling on about stripping the Green Belt protection and developing the area even more?!

Sheesh!

We're practically at gridlock in the South East already and Kent's been paved over to such an extent we've lost popular claim to the title "Garden of England" (that accolade now goes to North Yorks)... and they want MORE development?!

It regularly takes me over an hour and a half to make a theoretically 40 minute journey to work & if there's been a bad stack? Forget it! Can't afford to take public transport, without remortgaging and because there are no direct services, it'd take about 2 hours each way anyway...

Maybe the folk who produced the report all live dahn Sarf and just want to make everyone as miserable & stressed as them?! Hehehe! ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 13/08/2008 16:05  

Its a secret plan WB to get the northerners down south to a BM meet.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2008 16:14  

*sniggers*

It'll never happen!

*says she who was supposed to be on her travels this week*

*curses the council and road tax renewal notices!*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 13/08/2008 16:20  

Hey Wannabe. Try coming to the Black Country. Talk about Gridlock!!! I have driven from the South of France - a 1000 mile journey. the first 980 miles takes about 12 hours. Then the last 20 miles (through the Black Country) - can take another three hours. My journey into Brum which shld take 20 minutes can take up to 2 hours. That's why I returned to biking. Two wheels is so much better than four - or 8 million (however many a train has????). I am convinced the population density in the West Midlands is more than Hong Kong. And they have just announced they are going to building 15 trillion more houses - dunno why. Nobody wants to live here anyways. On a more positive note - errrmmmm. Give me a bit of time. Actually - we have fantastic beer and brilliant balties. And we have Wales on our doorstep. C'est la vie.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2008 16:36  

From my front door in south Liverpool, two hours will take me either to the Llanberis Pass ready for Snowdon, the Langdale valley, or over to Matlock or Squires. Can't imagine doing that from Kent, now the (patio) garden of England. I've got family near Oxford and the city has always been a second home to me. On a clear run I can do it in about 3 1/4 hours without breaking a sweat. On a bad day it's taken me as long as seven - 10mph crawl all the way from ilton park services on the M6 to Warwick services on the M40. Not funny as netty will agree. So much as I like Oxford, or even London (in moderation) they can breath easily that I'm not going to move.

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/08/2008 19:02  

tfft!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 13/08/2008 19:50  

Look TM, my dad had two sisters (now both dead), one in Oxford and t'other in Weymouth. Still got cousins in both places. You've been warned - I might yet arrive...with just a few Scouse chums!!

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/08/2008 20:25  

you have all been fore warned lol

Update Reply
RC @ 13/08/2008 21:55  

its bad enough with Poles an Russkies now we will ave flat caps an hobnailed boots an even wierder accents wanderin the sts!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/08/2008 04:33  

Wrong stereotype! Flat caps and hobnailsboots (perhaps with the odd whippet in tow) is Lancasahire, Yorkshire and Geordie North. Liverpool is yer Celtic North, where the city council once had Irish Nationalist members and the teaching profession is merely the local branch of Plaid Cymru. Get it wrong again and there'll be the mother of all Scouse pillaging expeditions - not a hubcap or bike will be safe, and lock up yer daughters

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/08/2008 05:04  

scouser's are all mulletts, perms an moustaches! i know i used to watch Brookside!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/08/2008 05:50  

You've gotta point there, TM. But a Brookie-watcher...how sad is that

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/08/2008 09:09  

i miss Jimmy Corkhill!!!bring back Brookie!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/08/2008 09:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email