MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

best scenes in films!

best scenes in films! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] best scenes in films! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

best scenes in films!

Got to be Python's "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" Classic.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 19/07/2008 19:38  

"Put that Welsh tart down!"

"Are there any women here?"

"Do you find it... wisible, when I say the name... Biggus.... Dickus?"

"I may be of thome athithtanthe if there ith a thudden crithith!"

"What've the Romans ever done for us?"

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/07/2008 01:38  

Holy Grail?

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"

"I'm not a witch, I'm not a witch!"

"We are the Knights who say 'Ni!' "

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/07/2008 01:44  

'Play it, Sam, play it...' (but not again!!) 'Look at me Ma....top of the world' 'Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me...' Wannabe, haven't you got better things to do at half past six on a Sunday morning?

Update Reply
Wills @ 20/07/2008 04:27  

"Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men." From I'm No Angel (1933) Mae West, Cary Grant, Gregory Ratoff.

Update Reply
Di @ 20/07/2008 06:17  

the great escape steve mcqueen bike fence nuff said

Update Reply
bostonbiceps @ 20/07/2008 11:49  

Wannabe, haven't you got better things to do at half past six on a Sunday morning?

Hell no! lol

Least... not when I'm feeling as nervous as I was at half past 6 this morning ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/07/2008 11:54  

Almost every line in Firefly and Serenity do it for me. However, a favourite from the latter; In rising exasperation at his subordinates' incompetence and lack of response, The Operative; "Target them. Target the Reavers, target everything...... SOMEBODY FIRE!!!!".

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 21/07/2008 07:58  

Serenity .... a very underrated and commonly unknown film! I have loads of favourite scenes/quotes in films, but one that is certainly up there is ...... "I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?" - Mr Jackson at his best.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/07/2008 08:10  

Half the dialogue of The 13th Warrior, too!!!!One in particular, though... Norsemen chatter in Norse, which gradually fades into English, signifying the Arab character slowly understanding... Healfdane: "She probably was some smoke-coloured camp girl... looked like that one's mother" (points at Ahmed ibn Fadhlan). Ahmed: (supposedly in halting Norse) "My mother.... was.... a pure woman.... from... a noble family.... and I... at least.... know.... who... my.... father is, you.... pig-eating..... son of a whore....." Healfdane goes to deck him. Herger holds him back and demands of Ahmed; Herger: "Where did you learn our language??!!" Ahmed: "...... I LISTENED!!!!!!" Herger: "........?"Herger: (in admiration and amazement) "Ah-hah hah hah hah hah hah!!!!!"

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 21/07/2008 11:36  

Best scene has to be the opening scene in The Hunger Catherine Deneuve & David Bowie. Scene lasts for the length of the Bahaus track, Bela Logosi's Dead (Pete whatsisname, lead singer of Bahaus has a cameo in the scene as well). Here's the You tube link to the scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwF82NejcyM

Update Reply
shooter @ 21/07/2008 18:08  

one of mine is nicholas cage in gone in 60 seconds and his relationship with shelby ford mustang also mr & mrs smith the chemistry was awsome

Update Reply
tj.zx6r @ 21/07/2008 18:20  

the tango scene which i try an recreate on the floor [literally after 8 pints!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 21/07/2008 19:36  

Thanks for that link, shooter! Just relived a bit of my childhood watching that again... (I had the 12" of Bela Lugosi's Dead and used to play it on guitar...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 21/07/2008 20:01  

TC in a jkt!!thought yu prefered wooly jumper's

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/07/2008 07:07  

That was taken many years ago when I was still respectable! I wear no other colour than black now (with maybe red or white detailing). mmm... woolly jumpers.... thinking about how you would crossbreed a sheep with a kangaroo.... maybe candelight... a good wine...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/07/2008 07:32  

Surrounded and outnumbered by 50 to 1.... Conan - "Who dies first?" !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2008 13:14  

OK... I'll try that one again...

Have we had... the bus, hanging over the edge of the mountainside at the end of the Italian Job yet?

Original... haven't watched the remake yet in protest ;o)

See if it posts it this time, instead of just throwing me back to page 1...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/07/2008 13:30  

Yeehah!

*finally gets the hang of posting a message*

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/07/2008 13:30  

...after 717 attempts...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2008 13:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email