MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

RIP Little Gixer

RIP Little Gixer - Forums [Biker Match] RIP Little Gixer - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

RIP Little Gixer

Would just like to say a big old thanks to the numpty who didn't take the '' look right, look left... look right again'' advice. And never let it be said that women are rubbish drivers ( see look how good I am being at not usin the words I REALLY want to). Thursday evening I unfortunatley was givin the oppotunity to do a bit of bonnet surfin care of an idiot who decided to just pull on out of a junction. No doubt he is fine and his car is being repaired as we speak... unlike my baby who will sent to the great scrap yard in the sky. As you can imagine the overwhelmin feelins of love and joy I have for this MAN are amazin.. Just goes to show no matter how careful we bikers are there is always some prat out there who thinks they own the road!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2008 11:39  

Lou, the important thing is that you seem to be OK, although I guess you've got bruises in places you didn't even think you had. I hope you sue the bar steward for the lot - loss of bike, personal injury, scraped leathers, new helmet, everything. Better still if he's being done for due care and attantion (well, you live in hope). Big hugs cos you need em and I promise I won't squueze too hard cos I'm sure it hurts

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/07/2008 12:06  

Sorry to read this Loobylou sod the bike are you ok more the point.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 13/07/2008 12:07  

Hi matey, glad the recovery is going well, I felt sick when Simon text me from the hospital. Really sorry to hear that bike didn't make, I didn't think it would to be honest as it doesn't take much damage on a faired bike before they give up on it! Think of the fun we can have looking for a new one for you! Hope the bruises etc are better, see you soon xx ...EVERYONE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, YOU HAVE TO ASSUME THAT THEY ARE GOING TO PULL OUT ON YOU!!...

Update Reply
roadangel @ 13/07/2008 12:50  

Hey Loubylou.. Hope your ok. Bikes can be replaced hun.. tho its still heartbreaking, but like roadange says, think of the fun you can have finding a new one. Take care

Update Reply
Karey @ 13/07/2008 13:01  

How restrained you were Lou, my words would have had to be I'm glad you're still alive and sympathise with your loss

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/07/2008 13:21  

(((((((((((((((((((((( hugs lou hun )))))))))))))))))))))) hope u feel better soon sweetie

Update Reply
RC @ 13/07/2008 18:34  

Hey Lou, Sorry to hear about your off, similar thing happened to me and the driver had the nerve to say I was speeding! As Wills said, the best thing is that youre ok and hear to tell the tale. You take care Arf

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2008 20:39  

Just glad you're not off to the scrapyard in the sky Lou! Hope you get sorted soon as. x

Update Reply
Di @ 14/07/2008 06:38  

Well what a bas**rd!! Really, really sorry hun. If it helps at all I am sure a lot of people on this site have been in the same position, so when we say we know how you feel, we mean it! Of course, on the same note, all those that have been there, including me have bounced back - if you pardon the pun! On a serious side, I know it's a fair way for me, but if you need the junction/road layout assessing from a safety auditors point of view - perhaps if you need to start thinking about evidence (and I seriously hope you don't), then let me know. Similarly, if you would like someone to go over the Police accident report then I am only an email away. PM me if you want to discuss.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 14/07/2008 08:41  

Well I got the 1st huddle out the way : Hire bike delivered today, just got back from a ride on it. Even went past accident place. Miss my bike even more now thou, HB is a Bandit, not quite the same as my baby but I guess it at least keeps me on the road. ( not slating them before anyone shouts at me!!! ) ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2008 08:43  

well done, kiddo! Do you fancy a ride out together? Just like the good old days! Only this time I'll be giving you the moral support (not that you'll need it!!) Really proud of you!!

Update Reply
roadangel @ 15/07/2008 12:44  

Good job Loobylou!

& that's 2 hurdles out the way in my book... not only getting straight back on, but passing by the accident spot... you should feel proud of yourself :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 15/07/2008 13:25  

only just read this post looby, Glad to read that your doin okay and your back on a bike again!! But I do think you should lie down and let me give you a thorough check over............honest, i'm a doctor!

Update Reply
eddietheardvark @ 15/07/2008 13:59  

A new Chapter..... Feelin a bit sad today as I purchased another bike last night... Have stayed faithful to my gixers thou. But didn't feel right gettin another 600 so seem an xcellent time to get a 750. Won't be the same as my little purple one, crumbs listen to me. Hope I ain't the only person who gets all attached to lumps of metal. Best thing I ever did was gettin her and still feel robbed that I will never get the chance to keep my 1st bike. So once again Thank You Mr Southall!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2008 04:58  

Good to see get back on the road, and with us all to fight another day. Oh i was not going to say it but what the hec Ride safe and enjoy it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2008 09:02  

i am glad you said that about getting attached to lumbs of metal i must admit i not had my bikes very long but they are like children to me. ok maybe a but much but i love them to bit it would break me to losses one through action of a careless tosser. but the main thing as every one has said that you are ok and still around to carry on ride. bike can be replaced.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/08/2008 09:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email