MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rock and blues is cancelled!!!!!

Rock and blues is cancelled!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] Rock and blues is cancelled!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rock and blues is cancelled!!!!!

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC As of 2pm today the 11th July 2008 due to objections again by the Derbyshire Constabulary, the licensing committee of the Amber Valley Borough District Council have refused to grant a License for this year’s Rock & Blues Custom Show to take place. So it is with regret that after so much hard work, time and commitment which has been put into this year’s event by the RBCS 25 team that we announce the 25th Anniversary show will no longer be taking place as advertised. We would like to use this moment to thank everyone involved in the background at RBCS HQ and everyone beyond who has got us this far, your professionalism has been second to none. More information will be announced over the coming days so keep checking back. The RBCS 25 Team

Update Reply
RC @ 11/07/2008 18:36  

Again?????? Speechless

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/07/2008 18:42  

gutted

Update Reply
RC @ 11/07/2008 18:46  

This thread is a duplicate, I thought my post had been deleted lol R C do you mean this one? http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=255 If so would you let wiccan or Matt (the events admins) know so they can add 'cancelled' to the event page? Cheers.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2008 04:43  

event updated. This is terrible news, can't believe it's been cancelled twice.

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/07/2008 08:08  

Yeah i no, if there allowing the bulldog to go ahead why cant they let the rock & blues go ahead???????????????????

Update Reply
RC @ 12/07/2008 08:46  

It seems to be a regular thing now, Taunton has a party in the park for charity only about 2000 people it was due to be held today and the police stopped it at 5pm last night as they "don't want large gatherings outide when drink is involved" Makes you wonder what the future holds for rallies in general.

Update Reply
Scary @ 12/07/2008 12:20  

That'll be it then, that's both sites that have had the licence refused, i can't see it happening at all now, how do you go about getting money back on tickets?

Update Reply
stew8851 @ 12/07/2008 14:44  

They canselled the Welsh National too, nevr been trouble there, nor was there any reason to expect any, does this mean more of our rights are being whittled away?

Update Reply
stew8851 @ 12/07/2008 14:47  

There was an earlier posting to the organisors site before and they said they'd refund all tickets but I'm sorry I did not take a lot of notice as I do not go to those events (yet) may never now......

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/07/2008 15:09  

WHAT a croc of shit. Linda

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 12/07/2008 18:42  

oh soooo gutted had babysitter lined up for 3 days for kids too. anyone know of any other biker rallies or events on that weekend......such a long shot i know.....nothing on the board.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2008 04:03  

http://www.wanderersmcc.co.uk/club%20events.html

Update Reply
RC @ 14/07/2008 05:42  

25th - 27th July 2008Wanderers MCC's 1st Rallyat The Jolly Tar, Nantwich Road, Wardle, Nantwich, CW5 6BEPrebook: 10.00UKpounds, OTG: 12.50UKpoundsPlease send SAE for tickets250 limitbadge included in ticket priceBands, disco, camping, 24 hr bogsCheques/POs payable to: Wanderers MCC147 Scotia Road, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 4EZ 25th - 27th July 2008Aberdeen Cruiser Club's Neaneoyerpish (By the way) Bike Rallyat Towie, AberdeenshirePrebook: 12.00UKpounds, OTG: 15.00UKpounds160 limitbadge included in ticket priceAll the usual, Live Bands, Raffle, Trophies, Silly games, Stalls, Food & Beer etcCheques/POs payable to: Aberdeen Cruiser Club2 Mither Tap, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 4LT 25th - 27th July 2008Phoenix Knights MCC's 5th Firebird Rallyat the Nag's Head, Ridleywood, near Wrexhamprebook 10.00UKpounds, OTG 15.00UKpoundscars 5.00UKpounds extra (except disabled)Live bands Friday & Saturday 25th - 27th July 2008Harley-Davidson Club Somerset's Annual Rallyat Barbarians Rugby Club, Minehead, West SomersetPrebook: 15.00UKpounds (before 30th June 2008), OTG: 18.00UKpoundsAll bikes welcome, live bands Friday and Saturday, ride out, late bar, good foodCheques/POs payable to: HDC Somerset3 Ash Grove, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2LX

Update Reply
RC @ 14/07/2008 05:44  

thanks for info rock chick

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2008 11:38  

your welcome hun x

Update Reply
RC @ 14/07/2008 18:37  

Just Seen the Bulldog has been Allowed to go on....... Not sure what to take from that. Or do Derbyshire Police know something we all don't..... ( been going to the Rock n Blues Since 94,95 and never seen one bit of trouble either on or off the Site at Pentrich....) Any one any ideas.....??? So....if this is the way forward..... I'll assume all football matches will be cancelled for the forth coming season..... Rich

Update Reply
richie203 @ 15/07/2008 12:04  

Here's hoping!! *fingers crossed* I'm just wondering if this is some knee-jerk reaction to some undercover 'intelligence'... all it takes is a rumour and they will shut everything down. Peoples livelihoods (stallholders, organisers etc) are being ruined over this sudden decision to clamp down on everything 'bike related. 'Health and Safety' is eroding away our freedom and ability to make our own decisions on our personal safety and well being...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 15/07/2008 12:18  

Its not just bike related..any outside event where alcohol is consumed has the risk of being cancelled without any notice. Apparently its costing the police too much money.

Update Reply
Scary @ 15/07/2008 12:23  

Did you ever hear why the Ink and Iron at NEC was cancelled? I haven't seen the other events cancelled, only the ones I read about in the biker press - so it is pure music events too? p.s. Anyone want to bet against the plug being pulled on Bulldog at the 11th hour?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 15/07/2008 12:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email