MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Driving standards - what were you taught?

Driving standards - what were you taught? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Driving standards - what were you taught? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Driving standards - what were you taught?

My pic keeps failing, so trying again...

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/07/2008 10:35  

Bike? - wot bike? And why is the question not in cloggie-speak?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2008 12:07  

aaah the golden age of no lessons for cars or bikes coupla pints before the test to calm your nerves helped!!if yu were lucky to have it in the afternoon!!then a drive to the pub in the evenin to celebrate with a few more +whiskey chasers then drive home stoppin to throw up now an then!sometimes not even stoppin!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 03/07/2008 12:44  

lol...the standard of driving in some places TM it makes you wonder if people still do it!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 03/07/2008 12:58  

Fraglette: crossing your hands is even more of a no-no on a bike. And I'm not being funny, either - I've done it on a bike (OK, a pedal cycle) and you're lucky if you get ten yards before coming off. I managed nine, I think   Matt: Do they do the eyesight test next?   Wannabe: So what's changed? *hides from the wrath of the Dartmouth terror*

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/07/2008 14:28  

Correction: For Dartmouth terror read the Duchess of Dartford throughout.

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/07/2008 14:32  

Wills - come clean - you've totally cocked up Dartford with Dartmoor haven't you? Everbody knows Dartmoor is a prison! ....There again, u could be correct!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2008 15:04  

my first driving lessons were taken with a land rover in the 70s with my grandfather getting me to drive between thistles in a field, then my dad in his beige BL Maxi. But when i started work i got a moped a Puch Grand Prix i think it was to get me there and back. When i had my 1st paid for driving lesson the instructor nearly ripped my head of as i hadn't bothered to read the highway code he asked me a trick question "what are the white lines in the road for" "er to keep the traffic apart" for up to this point i hadn't read it at all well after all i had a bike safety certificate. So i did read it and soon the instructor was sleeping in the car on the way back at the end of my lessons. You had to know the highway code cover to cover as you never knew what questions the examiner would ask at the end no multi choice answers in those days.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 06/07/2008 13:28  

Now my bike test was very easy, as the examiner stood on the side of the road with his grey Macintosh on holding his clipboard. Can you read the number plate of the red car, Right lad drive round the block, so off i went on my Suzuki GT250A, right lad go round the block the other way, right lad go to the end of the road and go around the around about and back, right lad go around the block and when i wave my clipboard do an emergency stop. So after a half hour of this i got bored and as soon as i was out of sight i would speed up stop have a fag then tootle up again for the next bit. Now the hard bit the dreaded questions. Well i passed both my car and bike test on my 1st go, same with my HGV 20 odd years later, which was a whole different kettle of fish.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 06/07/2008 13:44  

ROFL! Missed those Wills!

*rather like the ring of "Duchess of Dartford"*

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 06/07/2008 14:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email