MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Food glorious Food

Food glorious Food - Forums [Biker Match] Food glorious Food - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Food glorious Food

Ok I've been rumbled as a closit WI member (not). I like to cook and bake just a hobby (was out of necessaty as ex wife fed me and my two kids she left and I liked home cooked food not packet crap). When she left she took the fitted oven, so I bought one from work, needed to test it. I like quiche to eat so got out an AEG cook book and baked one, yes including the pastry base, took it to work where everyone wanted me to bake them one lol, due to expensive ingrediants (single cream instead of milk etc.) I declined. Next I invited a mate from work and his GF round for a meal. I did home made soup (only tomato) followed by lamb cutlets carmalised in mint jelly with creamed mash potatoes, roast potatoes, julien carrots glazed with real butter, and petti poise, cabbage and baby sprouts, finished off with home made gravey. I finished up with a deep filled Apple pie with lattice top and home made custard (okay that was out a packet and done on hob top but was not a carton lol). Both my guests were very happy with my 1st meal. Paul commented if I can cook and bake like that I do not need a wife.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 29/06/2008 06:07  

would love someone to cook and bake like that for me sometime...its always me in the kitchen at this house,although i am teaching the kids to cook and bake too..

Update Reply
witchiest @ 29/06/2008 09:16  

Dammit, HR - I am salivating here!! Good job, sir!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 29/06/2008 09:27  

HR I am now officialy starving thinking about that meal :-) Think will pop to shops and get some good grub in and try my hand at sunday roast lol

Update Reply
tm0714 @ 29/06/2008 09:37  

i bow 2 the better man as i only know how to use the phone 4 take-out food thank god 4 takeaways

Update Reply
bostonbiceps @ 29/06/2008 09:58  

god job HR!i did all the cooking when married,fact i stayed home an dragged the kid's up to for a long time, dont think thier damaged by it!!now on my own i dont cook much at all jus grazin on snacks and eatin out mostly!could pop round to tm's for a bit o that roast i'll wash up honest!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/06/2008 09:59  

Reservation for me at your next soiree HR!

Update Reply
Di @ 29/06/2008 10:00  

yeah maybe HR could do a hog roast!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/06/2008 10:05  

Tm welcome for dinner and definatly happy to allow you to wash lol, however, will accept no blame if ill next day lol

Update Reply
tm0714 @ 29/06/2008 10:12  

i'll take the chance sometime!!thank you for takin pity on a ole biker!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/06/2008 10:20  

Anytime TM, pity in abundance lol

Update Reply
tm0714 @ 29/06/2008 10:25  

TM if its a Hog roast you want we can always take a match to the spare Hog of yours!!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 29/06/2008 10:37  

you mean yu dont want it?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/06/2008 10:39  

You on the scrounge again Tango?

Update Reply
Di @ 29/06/2008 12:58  

Thankyou fellow peeps mmmm Hog roast I've not got an oven large enough or a spit either :o( why is it only Southern women appriciate my cooking lol (looks around for local non smoker nope no one :o( lol) I usually find out a G/F's fave dessert and learn how to cook it lol the way to a womans heart also? Hence I can bake a better muffin than any in a supermarket lol (ex's opinion hers was Morrisons Bluberry) and annother loved Creme Brulee had eaten it in Every reasterant that had it on the menu. Said mine was the best she'd ever tasted soft creamy custard and fantastic toasted brown sugar crust............off to make some now lol forgot how nice that was lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 29/06/2008 13:56  

Anyone got an empty oil drum and an oxy torch?

Update Reply
Di @ 29/06/2008 14:05  

You can keep the muffins and the creme brulee for the posh totty up north. Give me a hog roast and a couple gallon of warm scrumpy...NICE *stumbles off singing..."where be that blackbird to, I know where ee be..*

Update Reply
Scary @ 29/06/2008 14:15  

Posh totty? lol Ok so the 1st ex was in the fire brigade (who liked muffins) The 2nd you'd like, well maybe (she was a sex theripist and auther) and no I'm not making that up.......

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 29/06/2008 14:20  

I am well past the point where therapy could help!!!! LMAO

Update Reply
Scary @ 29/06/2008 14:22  

*he be up your Wurzel tree*

Update Reply
Di @ 29/06/2008 14:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email