MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Anyone setting up a Suggested BM camping area for FYP???

Anyone setting up a Suggested BM camping area for FYP??? - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone setting up a Suggested BM camping area for FYP??? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Anyone setting up a Suggested BM camping area for FYP???

It might be an idea to get your heads togeather and see if you cannot all camp near to each other! I'm camping with a few of our MCC so cannot join in that much with Marshalling duties too but nothing stopping you lot in attempting it!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/06/2008 07:45  

See who will be the 1st to arrive amongst you and see if they are willing to give specific directions via SMS or something like that! Maybe pick an easy identifiable geographic land mark (gap in tree line, clump of trees etc something identifieable at night for late commers) and say where you are in relavance to it?

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/06/2008 07:49  

I'll be there about 8pm - a bit late to organise it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2008 08:49  

Hope to be at FYP on Friday afternoon, but have all ready agreed to go with work colleagues who said they would look after me, wasn't sure about the evil laugh after though. So as it's my first time there and don't know were every thing is not sure if i can help. But hope to see you all there round and about over the doo.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 12/06/2008 11:48  

well if you cannot organise camping near to each other why not arrange to meet in Helmsley it self Few nice Pubs in the Ctr and the Cenataph in the Sq is easy to reach.... Hope you are not a rally Virgin SB lol I'm on the Gate from 12 noon till 4pm so may see you SB already sorted to meet up with XY (well think I did lol)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/06/2008 14:42  

Haven't been to Helmsley for 10 years i was staying in a holiday cottage up in Glaisdale lovely place poured with rain, fog down to the ground great fun fording the flooded brown streams. Turned out nice after the weekend though. No not a rally virgin exactly but it is my first over night stay at a rally. Haven't been camping for 20 years i was hang gliding in the Yorkshire moors at the time, got drowned, frozen with over night frosts if it wasn't raining, gales, twisted ankle down a rabbit hole, car developed a fuel leak, farm cat broke into tent in middle of the 1st night chewed up my bacon. Not a good way to wake up in the middle of the night with a lion ripping your food supplies to bits.... so really looking forward with anticipation to camping at the FYP this year, Must remember to pack the Elephant Gun in case the natives get restles .

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 13/06/2008 14:35  

opps done it again

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 13/06/2008 14:35  

Sorry I started new thread, hadnt seen this one will say hi to you on gate Hull. Gates are opening at 9am so its going to be a bit mad to save camping spaces. Best to meet up at some point whilst in there and sorted. Linda

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 13/06/2008 16:49  

Hang on they don't usually open till mid day sat (what you heard)?

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 13/06/2008 16:57  

Ok I just rang the 0800 number and that's confimed opens at 9am!!!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 13/06/2008 17:05  

Yeah dont know why, but they have changed it. We will get there for about midday. Whats the weather forecast? Linda

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 13/06/2008 17:11  

to early to say

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 13/06/2008 17:25  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3980 this is a link to a five day forcast for helmsley suggest you look at it weds or thurs even fri before you set off!!! I put in the right post code but York comes up!!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 13/06/2008 17:41  

Not sure what it's like outside. Guarantee it'll be wet inside! Whose round next? C'mon, not mine already!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2008 19:20  

You might find it hard reserving a bunch of spaces unless ur not in such a good place. Also means someone has to be there until everyone arrives.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/06/2008 09:14  

Anyone meeting at the Mag tent? 10pm Anyone???

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 18/06/2008 09:05  

YES

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 18/06/2008 09:18  

YES

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 18/06/2008 09:18  

Wot? Both of u, Linda? I usually see double later in the evening!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2008 09:27  

Yes x 2

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 18/06/2008 09:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email