MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Email on profile view?

Email on profile view? - Forums [Biker Match] Email on profile view? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Email on profile view?

Would you like to be emailed when someone views your profile? With details of who has viewed you. This would only be for the first time they viewed your profile. So if they view your profile 50 times, you wont get 50 emails lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2008 12:12  

Hi Matt Personally I wouldn't like notification... I don't mind people window-shopping or being curious without my knowledge. If the majority of users WOULD like such a notification I am sure you would have an opt-in/opt-out check box, so I am easy!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 01/06/2008 12:40  

dont see the point as we can see in the communicator whos viewed an how many times,anit dont mean they are neccesarily interested in meetin yu, after they have read the profile they may not want to!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 01/06/2008 12:43  

thats correct TM - but how many people even know about that page? The email notifications of winks and PMs bring people back to the site, who may not normally have returned. To see when people are viewing your profile would also make 1-time-visitors curious as to who's viewed their profile, and possibly come back. I could then add a link to the bottom of the emails saying "No longer inform me when people view my profile" etc. :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2008 12:50  

I think it might be a good idea as I have looked at some profiles who never return after the first time visits and it may generate some more reaction from people on the site.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 01/06/2008 14:04  

hi it dose not bother me, i dont need to be e-mailed when my profile is viewed. How ever Steve has a point. there are a lot of profiles that, people have come on for the first time then never come back. some are a year old or more.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 01/06/2008 18:08  

Would you like to be emailed when someone views your profile No ta

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/06/2008 19:55  

It dont bother me long as you have the 'don't notify me/carry on notifying me' clause in its cool Mazza

Update Reply
Mazza @ 01/06/2008 20:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email