MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Advice about what to bring to an event

Advice about what to bring to an event - Forums [Biker Match] Advice about what to bring to an event - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Advice about what to bring to an event

Well I hope to be going to my 1st bike rally where i stay over night and I would like some advice about what to bring. You know tent, food, drink, sleeping bag, ear-plugs. All advice welcome so what would you all take

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 01/06/2008 08:46  

torch mug baby wipes bin bag for any wet gear in tent chair spair pair of socks keks footwear warm jumper pee bottle loads and loads of beer

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 01/06/2008 09:39  

tent, roll matt, baby wipes & anti bac waterfree gel cleaner, sleeping bag, dry change of clothes, ear-plugs, neck tube, can be used as an eye mask if you get a floodlight into your tent, kettle, small stove, mug, camping cutlery chair/stool bin liners, you can use the ones you have packed everything into to keep it dry. loo roll, waterproofs torch Don't take beer/food, pitch your tent then head out to local shop, why buy something in advance that you can get anywhere and cart it miles! ps buy some spare batteries for your torch! & if you are buying canned food, make sure its ring pull or you have some way of opening it the above list may sound long, but i can carry it all + pillion on the bike

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/06/2008 10:03  

single skin tents get wet on the inside wiv condensation so i put the feet end of my sleepin bag in a bin liner cos the tents so small me feet can rub the tent an get the bag wet!!!an a towell or paper roll to wipe the inside of the tent is useful!an a tent with an porch is a must if its raining yu can look out wivout the rain comin in!!plus storage!an a small umbrella can be usefull!!dry feet are essential to comfort an feelin good! berghaus all over gaiters thhat fit around your boots with a rubber sole are great for keeping warm an dry good on the bike to when its freezing an wet!!on the other hand get a guest house with warm bath an decent grub an get a good nights kip away from the drunken snoring fartin hordes!better still dont go!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 01/06/2008 10:43  

pee bottle? Am i missing something?

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2008 11:02  

at 4am yu dont wanna be gettin out yer bag[zip zip zip fkn zip!then zip zip zip fkn zip to get bk again!!] an staggerin out gettin wet feet an fallin over guy ropes to pee!its easier for guys we can just stick it out the tent!then pee all over your gear stashed in the porch!plus once i drunkenly stood up an destroyed the tent! an make sure the bottles big enough!!!!!!! [not the hole stupid!] JESUS H CHRIST!! lookin at fraglettes new piccy dont think the holes big enough!!!!scarys got competition!!!!let battle begin!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 01/06/2008 11:57  

Getta grip on yerself!!!

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/06/2008 12:10  

i have!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 01/06/2008 12:38  

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2008 12:51  

How much stuff you take is all down to how comfortable you want to be vs how light you want to travel I think my best advice is really about tents... As per TM's comment about single skin tents - easy answer, don't buy one lol Alway add "one man" to what you need - even if it's just yourself still buy a 2 man tent, 2 of you buy a 3 man etc Gives you a bit more storage space and a bit of room to manouvre Get a tent with some porch area - bigger the better Depending on your budget shop around - Argos often do half price deals and check eBay etc You can spend £200 on a posh tent or £30 on a perfectly decent dome tent (and yes I do mean a new tent) Do think about how much you want to be carrying and also how you're gonna attach it to the bike Other than that - Enjoy !!

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 01/06/2008 14:30  

Thanks for the info about the stuff, all ready got most it. Now the problem is where have i stuffed it all a way for a later date and can i find it again, funny thing memory or should i say lack of it.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 01/06/2008 15:42  

i got a single skin to save weight! an the last double skin i had went mouldy!!!!fk it! gonna use hotells lifes to short to spend roughin it in discomfort an listenin to youre nxt door nieghbour snorin an fartin!plus if its a couple there pathetic attempts at makin out!!honest to god one night i heard'' yu in yet?''

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 01/06/2008 16:16  

If your going to take a camping stove then I reccomend a Colmans petrol stove. I carry one with me and i also carry a larhe syringe and a length of plasic tube long enough to reach into my petrol tank. well my lug meths or gas cannisters when you have a fuel supply between your legs.

Update Reply
Phil @ 01/06/2008 18:17  

spot where paganprinces tent is [or was!]the black charred outline on the ground!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/06/2008 03:01  

I hope not TM, we usually take my tent I have to admit that the petrol stove is quicker than a meths or solid fuel stove, but it scares me so blokey has to light and extinguish it lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/06/2008 14:47  

Well I like my creature comforts so I have a trailer lol, But essentials to me include a tent i can now stand up in! (wish I'd got one years ago) take some Nikwax (it can be applied in the wet) with you in a pump dispencer if the tent is new/untested it will probably leak all over your sleeping bag the 1st bit of rain it sees. An air bed plus a inflator pump for it that plugs into the cigar lighter extention I've put under the battery cover to plug it into (no removing panels or seats to get to it)! as we get older an air bed is much kinder to your back than an uneven pitch. Clean undies, warm top, water proofs, cotton lined sleeping bag (polyester makes you sweat on close nights), pee bottle, baby wipes, stove, kettle, water carrier, jump starter (well it's got a flurescent light and a comprssor built in lol) inflatable pillow, I like to take food with me (supermarkets are not allways near to the site) take tea making stuff and cerial too lol sometimes I'll bake a quiche and some muffins to take, or a pasta meal that can be thawed out and eaten, (I tend to take frozen food rather than use freezer packs takes up less room that way), chair to sit on table to put either stove or bbq on (nicer than crouching down over it on the floor) oh recent addition as I've a new tent it's better to cook outside so I take a cheap gazeebo just to cook in (stops getting tent all condensated when cooking or boiling kettle) think I need a bigger bike/trailer lol

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/06/2008 15:10  

double skin tent is really essential and a porch to keep wet stuff in as stuey said. You can get some good ones under 5kg, mines lasted 3 years now and i do a lot of rallys. Linda

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 02/06/2008 17:03  

Tango - don't forget your tissues!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2008 11:14  

always got a supply!if i run out i can scrounge some of your's

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 03/06/2008 13:05  

Just take plenty of money (for food and beer), a tent, something to smoke and plenty of loo roll (those portaloo's are a mess).....oh, and someone to keep you warm at night

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 03/06/2008 17:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email