MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

xs750 carbs

xs750 carbs - Forums [Biker Match] xs750 carbs - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

xs750 carbs

need to find some airbox to carb rubbers for an xs750 (yamaha) apparently they've been discontinued.Tried shops and scrappers but with no luck,anyone know of an alternative or anyone got some

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2008 20:28  

Do xs850 ones not fit? (much more common bike) 750 imported? Have you tried brakers in the USA? Either that or scrap air box and go for K&N's you'll probably need to get the bike dyno'd if you do that and even get some differant jets for the carbs.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 30/05/2008 07:15  

Which year/model is it? I think the very early XS750s used a different size that is very difficult to get. Apart from that I think all the 750/850s use the same rubbers. They're still available from some of the US websites such as yamahapart.com but I don't know how much the postage would be. I've probably still got some in my garage but I'm not sure what the condition will be. Personally I swapped to individual "pod type" filters. Makes it much easier to get the carbs on and off for the inevitable carb rebuilds!

Update Reply
mat750 @ 30/05/2008 09:08  

Thanks to you both,
The XS850's are too long. It's my brothers bike,he's got cone filters at the mo,they're ok but crap in the wet.I'll pass on your advise to him thanks again

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2008 14:54  

Hmmm, if the 850 ones are too long it sounds like a '77 XS750D. I think you'd really struggle to get those. I've heard people say they've had trouble with the cones in the wet, but they've always been ok for me. Does your brother know about the Yamaha Triples website at http://www.yamaha-triples.org/ ? Very useful resource especially the forums (although there's a lot of yanks on there!).

Update Reply
mat750 @ 31/05/2008 17:41  

Cheers Mat
I'll let him know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2008 18:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email