MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Fund Raising Biker Killed By Drink Driver

Fund Raising Biker Killed By Drink Driver - Forums [Biker Match] Fund Raising Biker Killed By Drink Driver - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Fund Raising Biker Killed By Drink Driver

A drink-driver who killed a motorcyclist while he was on the last leg of a fund-raising motorcycle trip has been jailed for three years. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> Guy Henderson Reed was more than double the legal alcohol limit when his Mercedes ploughed into Andrew Groves and John Toner on the last stretch of their 500-mile bike trip, which took place last summer. <o:p> Mr Toner, 39, was killed and fellow motorcyclist Mr Groves suffered serious injuries. They were raising money for the Great North Air Ambulance, when the incident took place. <o:p> Reed, 36, of Whitehead Farm, East Cowton, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">North Yorkshire</st1:place>, yesterday admitted causing death by careless driving while over the prescribed limit. <o:p> Teesside Crown Court was told he was tested more than an hour after the crash and had 175mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood - the legal limit is 80mg. Judge Peter Fox was told that Reed had a previous conviction in 1997 for driving with excess alcohol. The judge banned Reed, who denied the charge at an earlier hearing, from the roads for 7 years. <o:p></o:p></o:p></o:p></o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/04/2008 17:45  

that is a sad an sorry story the bstd should never be allowed back on the rd!an in my book its murder yu know that drinkin an drivin is dangerous to do it then kill someone words fail me!!!!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/04/2008 18:21  

I agree tm.. anyone than drinks and drives..especially to that extent should NEVER be allowed to drive again. What a sad story

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/04/2008 18:28  

My ex sister in law lives at East Cowton, I'm gonna ring her, as I'm sure his name rings a bell with me.... I agree, the bloke shouldn't have been allowed back on the roads, they're a menace....

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 23/04/2008 04:33  

Three years is not long enough should be life <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
dragon @ 23/04/2008 18:20  

Bad enough his first offence. Drunk in charge of a car you may as well walk round with a loaded gun. Maybe they will find out he hasn't paid his council tax and double his sentence. Im starting to feel a little sorry for the police they get a conviction and some Muppet judge gives him a slap on the wrist.

Update Reply
micksaway @ 17/05/2008 23:26  

prescribed limit? Was he prescribed a few beers? No, seriously, that's really a sad story. And an angry one at the same time! Can you imagine how devastated the family were when they heard the sentence? 3 years???? He will be out in 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mick, nevermind the council tax - think of that toffee wrapper he dropped 6 years ago! imagine if they do him for that too, he'll get life (4 years these days i think)

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/05/2008 06:59  

PML such cynicism in one so young

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2008 10:30  

In America it's the same as killing with a gun they treat it exactly the same if a death is caused when drunk in charge of any powered vehical. (bring back hanging and the birch while we're at it!)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 19/05/2008 14:52  

bring back the birch Oh gawd no! Not Edna!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/05/2008 18:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email