MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Biker pubs and cafes

Biker pubs and cafes (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Biker pubs and cafes (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Biker pubs and cafes

Just looked at the bikercafes.com site that Geoff mentioned, and it's closed. Shame...anyone know what's up?

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/11/2008 21:53  

Must be very recently closed down - I checked it out a week or so ago and sent a link to a BM member...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/11/2008 22:03  

Yeah, I'm sure I looked at it only a week or so back. Just looked again to check out Big Ds and it had gone! (See dirty northerners thread)

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/11/2008 22:44  

it will be buried under a virtual tide of northern muck !

Update Reply
julie j @ 03/11/2008 22:46  

Great bently essex big bike meet wed nights large greens to park on dont know if its on in the winter but a must in the summer

Update Reply
nidgewilldo @ 09/11/2008 12:48  

Hi Nidge and Welcome to BM We're a friendly bunch on here.... tek a look at the events pages..and look our for meets and stuff in your area. Hold tight and enjoy the ride

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/11/2008 12:54  

There's the Salutation Inn on Maid Marrion Way in Nottingham. The landlord's a biker, it's got a killer juke box, real ale, does good food and has rock bands upstairs on a Saturday. (And, unfortunately, rock karaoke upstairs on a Friday). It's open until 1am at the weekends, has caves, is haunted, has rails outside for chaining up your bike and has cute bar staff of both flavours. What more could you want?

Update Reply
speedtrifle509 @ 09/11/2008 23:58  

Big hello to Nidge & Speed. Often gone passed the Salutation - pity - I was going to the Trip. Will give it a go if ever I'm down that way again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2008 15:15  

and has cute bar staff of both flavours What? Crunchy nut topping AND hot fudge sauce? Cool :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/11/2008 15:20  

Note to Speedtrifle:- Wannabe is our resident bar staff "expert".

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2008 15:29  

Bolleaux! Forgot all about that... walked into it eyes wide shut! I dunno... you give one old barsteward a good night kiss and the buggers never let you forget it.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/11/2008 15:34  

old...kiss...? I heard it was tantamount to necrophilia!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2008 15:41  

Oo, I wouldn't want anyone to go thinking I spend a lot of time in biker pubs now, those dens of iniquity full of strange and exotic types... erm, ah, that's us isn't it? Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm an expert, just an enthusiastic amateur, and then only in one flavour, but the chocolate sauce sounds interesting.....

Update Reply
speedtrifle509 @ 17/11/2008 00:28  

Sorry, that was hot fudge sauce wasn't it, what was I thinking?

Update Reply
speedtrifle509 @ 17/11/2008 00:31  

Update: Big D's at Todmorden closed

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/09/2009 23:29  

Big D's other place near Halifax is still going strong, glad to say.

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/09/2009 00:14  

Since this thread has been revised how about:

The Cabin Dairy Tea Rooms at Burnham on Crouch, Essex - interesting roads, boating and estuary-based wildlife.

and

H Café (formerly Fox's Diner) Dorchester near Oxford - next to MPS with plenty of red kites flying around the area.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 16/09/2009 07:13  

I should refer everyone back to my thread about having a section for this..this is difficult to read as suggestions are all over the UK..we could do with a section in alphabetical order where we can press a button and it will show us all the biker friendly pubs cafes hotels b&Bs etc in a particular area, ie London or Manchester etc..

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 16/09/2009 09:33  

Wot happened to just crashing a cafe and scaring off the locals and tourists?? Cream teas and ice cream

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2009 14:30  

yes, the Ladies of Harley in the my Hog Chapter do it all the time..................lovely cream teas and great fun no probolems lol!!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 16/09/2009 17:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email