MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Givi topbox question

Givi topbox question - Forums [Biker Match] Givi topbox question - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Givi topbox question

I've got a givi top rack thing on my bike, that the previous owner fitted. Thing is - i'm not sure what box(es) i can buy to fit it. Can anyone help? It's just a plastic pad, with a little electric connector for a top-box. What boxes can I buy to fit it? Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/03/2008 16:37  

oh - and what would i need to do to make it so i can fit the side boxes too? Would i need to replace the whole existing system - i.e The top shelf thing, or do i just get additional new side bar things? How easy are they to fit? What do they cost? :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/03/2008 16:46  

Just to confuse matters, there are two sorts of Givi boxes, the Monolock and Monokey, with different mounting plates. Kappa boxes also fit Givi plates, though I'm not sure which one. From memory, the Givi website isn't all that easy to use. Run Givi into eBay and you should get a fair idea of what's available. As far as the panniers go, I don't think you'd need to replace the top rack, but maybe a chat with a decent dealer would help.

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/03/2008 17:01  

Matt I presume you've got a monorack - ie. a pair of arms that the plate fits to. If so, then yes, I'm afraid the blackbird uses the wingrack system for the panniers, in which case you'll have to change the full lot. However, as Will says, you may be able to get them fairly cheaply off Ebay.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/03/2008 17:34  

What size top box are you thinking of Matt as I have a couple of spare ones here...but then you will prob want to get new......just thought I'd offer tho. also geoff I am not arguing with you about having to change the whole lot..cos in most cases you do but I purchased a universal wing rack and then modified it to fit the arms and plate I already had on.

Update Reply
Herne @ 23/03/2008 18:20  

wanna get the E52 system i think, from just having a quick look. Ill take a foto of what i have, but it does look like it all needs changing which is why i asked. Ill just stick with the soft panniers for the sides then, they're good for strapping a tent over anyhow. Ill try and find a dealers near me, tho im yet to find one. Ill be back in UK soon tho, but i want them for the trip back. PS: Im not good at modifying things, Herne. lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/03/2008 19:07  

it says 'monorack' on the arm. Givi logo too. Which top box can i attach then? Cant find a supplier round here.

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/03/2008 05:37  

Matt, is this any help? http://www.givi.co.uk/per_la_tua_moto.asp?co_id=24783&a...mp;lang=en

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/03/2008 06:09  

Not sure - it has both types on mono systems on that page, so i dont know which will fit my existing bracket

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/03/2008 14:06  

The Monokey plate mounts the box with two hooks at the rear - that's the rear as you face the box, so I suppose you could argue that's really the front, just to confuse matters. The Monolock plate has a raised part, almost like a rail at the rear, that the case hooks onto. Clear, or even more confused? If it's the latter, let me know as I've got both types of plate and can easily take some pictures.

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/03/2008 14:25  

Hi Matt My mate has just taken a GIVI wing rack off his Blackbird with E41 boxes as they cant be fitted to his new bike I was about to put them on ebay for him If your interested I could see what hes lookin for them

Update Reply
micksaway @ 25/03/2008 20:06  

hi mate, thats cool thanks. Ask if he's selling the boxes too and if he has any photos Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/03/2008 04:24  

is it a wing/top rack? Or just wing?

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/03/2008 04:24  

here's the current rack i have... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/bikerack.jpg

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/03/2008 13:36  

Hi matt, A bit late with the info but check out the BYKEBITZ web page http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/ lots of tasty stuff and they give a little info like Monokey is for bikes and Monolock is for scooters. I used the SW Motech Alu top Rack Systems on my bandit, choose rack for bike, fit adapter plate for what ever top box you have chosen onto the rack. Their pannier system is similar and supposedly you can whip of the frame by undoing a few nuts thus leaving your pride and joy free of any ugly frame work when you don't want the panniers on,

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 04/04/2008 14:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email