MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

sp2 or

sp2 or  - Forums [Biker Match] sp2 or  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

sp2 or

looking at changeing me bike later in the year possible ok should i get a new fireblade which does nothing for me or should i go for a the sp2 which sounds better and which makes you think

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 22/03/2008 09:24  

You'll have to change your username! haha

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/03/2008 09:45  

thats easy id just use .... sp2 kid ...

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 22/03/2008 10:55  

Only if youve got an osteopath handy.theyre focused for the track [ok if thats your thing] and have a crippling riding position-,even race rep hardened bike journo's said it was a nightmare.What happened to the trike project!

Update Reply
iggypup @ 22/03/2008 11:25  

looking at changeing me bike later in the year possible ok should i get a new fireblade which does nothing for me or should i go for a the sp2 which sounds better and which makes you think If a fireblade does nothing for ya why ask us which bike you should get??

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/03/2008 11:30  

If a fireblade does nothing for ya why ask us which bike you should get?? y u gotta quote everyone? Im sure we could have figured out who ur reply was for.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/03/2008 12:02  

Depends what you are wanting? If you are after the handling, don't mind stopping every 100 miles or so for fuel and are never, ever, ever going to take a pillion then go for the sp2. However, if you want something that handles pretty much as well on the road and is a bit more practical then go for another fireblade. Two things to bear in mind ....... Firstly, one of the guys who came to Germany with us last year was on a sp2 and on the two days (one down and one back) where we did over 300 miles he was nearly crying the day after each. In fact, the first day we rode from Calais to Boppard taking in a couple of scenic options along the way (about 360 miles) and the next day he had to stay at the hotel rather than do the ride out because he was aching so much and .... Secondly, for the money you'd save buying a 'Blade, you could pay Maxton to make it handle as well, if not better than a sp2. The other option is you could buy a CB1300s, be able to keep up with either bike on most roads and laugh at them when you do need to spend several hundred miles on the road. (Ok, maybe you're not quite ready for that.)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/03/2008 14:30  

i had an sp1 i sold it after less than a thousand miles good bike but it crippled me i would say buy neither go for gixer thou you will love it try and get a test ride on one you wont look back

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 22/03/2008 19:54  

Nah! Get a Fazer thou [me biased surely not] keeps up with the sports[unless your on a track],see's off lardy Honda 1300's,and comfortable as you like.

Update Reply
iggypup @ 23/03/2008 04:56  

i tryed my mates gxsr 1000 once again it done everything to easy and got boardring

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 23/03/2008 12:27  

I had a lovely one inch thick sirloin steak for dinner, virtually no fat, griddled to perfection, pink in the middle and nice and juicy. Can't beat a nice bit of dead cow. Nowt to do with bikes, but I thought you'd all like to know.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/03/2008 15:16  

Would the blade be the new bloody ugly front ended 08' model? or the older 05 - 07 model, thats a choice all in its self. I did have a SP1 for a year till the 80mile tankrange when caned became to much, i still miss the digital revcounter though

Update Reply
gs1150 @ 24/03/2008 06:37  

Matt aksed: y u gotta quote everyone? Im sure we could have figured out who ur reply was for. I do it so there's no confusion as to WHO I'm aiming my reply to.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/03/2008 09:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email