MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Injury claims-what to accept?

Injury claims-what to accept? - Forums [Biker Match] Injury claims-what to accept? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Injury claims-what to accept?

A motorcyclist who lives opposite to me got knocked off a month ago [smidsy] and he's wondering what amount/offer he should accept for his injuries-broken leg near ankle [smaller bone] and a fracture to the back of the knee where the ligament has pulled.He asks if anyone has had similar injuries so he can get an idea [seperate from bike/clothes loss of earnings etc]. Do insurers have a common table which they all consult?

Update Reply
iggypup @ 20/03/2008 13:01  

They will go on a set scale for comparison reasons Iggy (my sis is in insurance) However they will also take into consideration how the accident happened (fault or non fault),loss of earnings,how your mobility is effected etc. Don't use a no win no fee injury lawers website for a rough guide as these can be well off the mark. I have been told I may be due for between £3000 and £7000 for my neck injury from my truck accident, how much I do get is in reality anyones guess. I would have thought that due to the extent of his injury and the fact that I'm taking it as it wasnt his fault I would say he is due more than me!....hope he recovers swiftly mate.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 20/03/2008 13:08  

Cheers for that GH-no it wasnt his fault and the other party has admitted liability.He's not counting his chickens [much] but would quite like a Ducati Monster.....

Update Reply
iggypup @ 20/03/2008 13:23  

Don't want to put a dampner on this but I am still waiting three years after my bike accident and thats with the council admitting 70% liability, don't think these sort of claims are paid out over night but then someone might say otherwise. I have used my Union insurance who are not charging to act on my behalf. The reason I had to agree to 30% blame, to me is wrong the council say that I couldn't have been going as slow as I said I was to recieve such injuries but my solicitor said if I didn't agree to accept part blame then he could no longer represent me as it would go to court and be a very hard case to prove and I could end up not getting anything. All the best to you mate iggy. I haven't a clue what injury money I will recieved I have a permanent disability caused by my accident. GH after reading what you put it makes me wonder how much I may get offered.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 20/03/2008 14:36  

it does take a while to go through, normally have to see many consultants. There is a rough table, but its very rough guidance. It varies on age and current fitness etc too. For example, an 18 year old football-enthusiast (not talking about career though) who has a bike smash and ruins his knee for life Vs a 60 year old who already had a bad knee and made it worse. Same accident, same injuries - but one has higher implications for a longer period of time. They say that after my operation, im likely to need more surgery (Than already had) within 10 years, and I'm 40% likely to need a knee transplant in my 30/40s. They also noted that, using today's technology, you can only have 1 knee transplant and they only last 15 years... which takes me till 50-60 before I'll be in a wheelchair. Well, that's on paper... i hope things dont work out that bad.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/03/2008 15:05  

Best do all your debauching now then Matt, make the most of it lol I hope your mate gets a fair pay out iggy

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/03/2008 19:58  

It is hard to say with this sort of thing really! My fella had an accident a year ago this weekend and has no news of the payout yet. It was down to the council too Dips. Shingle on the road and they have been dragging their heels over it! But then again I had an accident back in 1997 with a private driver and I got paid out almost straight away (my witness was an off duty copper) so I went and bought my Ducati 600 ss. Hee hee hee. I too hope your mate gets a fair deal and sooner rather than later iggy.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2008 10:12  

Thanks everyone for comments.Ive told him about my own claim [which Carol Nashe's legal team dealt with brilliantly- recommend them] but it was a different injury, though I expect he's got some idea now-somewhere between 5 and 10 G = New Wheels!

Update Reply
iggypup @ 22/03/2008 07:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email