MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Most Embarrassing Moment

Most Embarrassing Moment  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Most Embarrassing Moment  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Most Embarrassing Moment

On my ex's Suzi750 in Cheddar Gorge, posing for a piccie, when bike and I started rolling down the hill! Needless to say I had to jump on some how and brake! Just in time before crashing into them rocks! More recently, being checked out by my fellas sister, even got quite nervous...til we hit it off big style...mind you I am easy to get along with!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 18/03/2008 10:35  

Went to the local shop.Unusually there was a parking space right at the door so I nicked it.Came out of the shop and could'nt get into my car.Tried all the doors and both locks-nothing.Tried the boot and it opened!! I had to ask a passer-by to wait while I climbed into the boot and into the front seat to see if it would start.By now feeling very embarrased because I had drawn a crowd of people.It did start,so I asked her to close the boot for me and I drove home.Of course I was now stuck inside the car!!! I had to wait for my friend to come to let me out!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2008 14:35  

@ Izzy and Geoff...!!! For bike falling off incidents I've got 2..... Doing a U turn at Windermere, loosing balance and falling off, laid on my back laughing by the side of the pavement!! Coming to a standstill in town traffic at Barnard Castle on the way back from there, and doing the same thing!! Had the bike lowered since, LOL!!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 18/03/2008 14:52  

Aw bless you Flame Red. It never happens somewhere isolated does it!!! Well done for getting back on though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2008 17:04  

Having to answer the door to a parcel delivery man, with bits of foil in my hair...red hair dye all over my hair...and my face... and my hands !! lol and gettin bright red dye on his signing machine...... but he was lovely and i wiped it off wiv my towel...cos im nice like that !! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/03/2008 14:38  

In 2003 decided after far to many years to finally get back on a motorbike. Saved up my money and bought a new Bandit K3 to arrive on my birthday, "you can pick it up from the shop Sir" "no thanks just deliver it to my house", I didn't want to look a right newbie and fall over outside the shop or some thing. Well took it out for it's 1st test ride that weekend and to fill it up . 1st stop petrol very busy at petrol station, pulled up at pump put side stand down, got off, was about to take helmet off, when bike started to fall over made a grab saved it from major damage a few scratches under fairing but could not save my pride with all the Sunday drivers in their Mercs and BMWs from watching.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 19/03/2008 15:07  

Here's one. About 7 years ago I had a Ducati 750ss. I went to the Scotch Piper one wednesday night as usual and could only find space to park right outside the door into the pub. I put the bike into neutral and with Ducatis this is a false sense of security. I let go of the clutch the bike was still in gear and the bike ended up half way through the door with me hanging over the bars. Did I feel like complete pillock....

Update Reply
rattler @ 19/03/2008 17:49  

!!! Talk about making a grand entrance!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 19/03/2008 20:37  

Grand entrance. The barmaid said she didn't serve my kind, but she was talking to me and not the bike lol.

Update Reply
rattler @ 21/03/2008 10:40  

Here's a fresh one, I got caught in the rain today and found out that my skirt goes see through when wet, how did I realise... I couldn't figure out what people were looking at and when I looked down I could see my tatts as plain as day.....

Update Reply
Scary @ 21/03/2008 13:04  

Woohoo!! Hope you've got photographic proof Scary!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/03/2008 16:04  

That's it Scary. I've moving to Somerset and learning how to do a rain dance.

Update Reply
rattler @ 21/03/2008 17:47  

Hosepipe should do the trick

Update Reply
Wills @ 21/03/2008 18:03  

parked the car in Bristols Whiteladies rd to go to a Dance when i came out there were flyers for nightclubs under the wipers,taking them of an not wanting to drop litter they ended up on the passenger seat!picking up a lady friend to go dancing later in the week she picked the flyers up to sit down [i hadnt cleaned out the car]she then read out the flyer in her hand ''the exchange, 24hr massage choice of 16 ladies free bottle of lager with every massage''!! i was kicking myself for missing out on the free lager!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/03/2008 05:04  

You still got the flyer Tango? I'll give you a fiver ......

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/03/2008 14:42  

you wanna massage of me for a fiver??? ok!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/03/2008 15:59  

here goes...... i'd not long passed my car test (just over 2yrs ago), decided to go shopping with my daughter, nothin unusual there..... well it all started when i wanted to reverse out of space, for the life of me i couldn't (prob still can't....lol) do a right hand reverse, but me wantin to take the short cut + not queuein thought i'd give it a go......... it all started off sooooo well, doin it slowly..lol..next thing i hear a crunch....ooops, i'd slightly knocked the next car, i ended up stallin the car, restartin it in gear... my foot went down, oooooopppppppssss another crunch, saw my car lift on the left side..... boy was i quackin in my pants......my daughter going "omg mum" at the top of her voice made me panic even more, ooooppppsss yet another crunch..... i checked this guys car... yes it was a guy....a big guy too... he only got there as i was gettin in my car, thankfully there was no damage to his car, so off we went.. got home had a look at my car, omg the left hand side lights were lets just say broken............. ya ok, not done one since.........lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2008 18:17  

Ahh the delights (?) of four wheels. Yonks ago I had a Vauxhall Chevette from the company car pool. Needed petrol, no probs, twas on expenses. (At this point anyone who knew Chevettes will start chortling cos they know what's coming...) OK, pull into petrol station. Switch off, get out of car, grab fuel hose. Erm, where's the petrol cap? Must be the other side...walk round car. No petrol cap. Must have missed it, walk round to the original side. Look folks, this is getting serious... where do you put the frigging petrol in? Get a grip on yourself, it must be hidden somewhere... Try pulling evey bit of trim I can find. Twang!! Boing!! pop rivets popping everywhere. Bingo! Fourth time lucky. The demented designers that created a Chevette chose to hide the filler cap behing a dummy grille on a window pillar. Easy when you know - but if you don't you can feel a thousand eyes watching you as you get more and more panic stricken. Still, could've been worse. Any of the veterans know how to get petrol into a Ford Corsair? (Scroll down for answer) The filler cap's hidden behind the rear number plate, which hinges down. Obvious, isn't it?

Update Reply
Wills @ 22/03/2008 21:44  

Many years ago I had a stripped out Mini-Cooper S with a huge rally-style fuel tank in the boot that was only fillable once the boot was opened. I lent the car to my sister, who thoughtfully stuck a fiver's worth of fuel in it as payment. Only problem was I'd forgotten to tell her that both Monza type fuel filler caps on the outside of the car were on cut off dummy pipes that went into nothing. The boot floor was swimming in 4-star when she got to my house and it was running out of every seam underneath. She did say she thought it smelt a bit of petrol on the short journey to mine. A fiver bought a fair amount of fuel back then too.

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 23/03/2008 06:49  

Just imagine if she would have lit up DM....first Mini orbiter!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/03/2008 07:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email