MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Tent Hire For Rallies

Tent Hire For Rallies - Forums [Biker Match] Tent Hire For Rallies - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Tent Hire For Rallies

Most of you will probably have heard of this company and its service, especially those of you who attend rallies regularly, but it's a new one on me so I thought I'd share it anyway. The company is called Carry Nowt Camping and consists of 3 Wakefield MAG members. Basically all you need to take with you is your doss bag. Carry Nowt Camping provide the tent, and erect it for you, in a spot of your choosing for £30 per tent, not per person, including roll mats. Air beds an option. The tents are mainly Coleman Ridgeline and a few similar style tents, all sleep up to 4 persons and have 2 separate sleeping compartments with full standing height (205 cm) in the living area Please note this is a biker only service — you will not be able to turn up in a car and gain entry using the excuse that you have a tent booked. At most bike rallies, no bike = no entry! That will also mean that no bike = no tent! For further details and to view pictures go to their website www. carrynowtcamping.co.uk To book a tent contact them via their website or on 07760 279 905

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/03/2008 02:17  

It's a good idea especially if the weather is like last year..peed it down all through the farmyard......but it is Jake we're talking about here and his projects never seem to last long....I hope it's a goer tho as it certainly would save a lot of hassle.

Update Reply
Herne @ 16/03/2008 03:33  

It's an excellent idea and if I attended rallies I'd certainly be booking a tent. I've not heard of anyone else doing this (doesn't mean there isn't anyone else doing it) so if they let this slip by them someone else will jump right in, I'm sure of that.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/03/2008 11:49  

I saw these at the Bum in the Mud rally and the tents are brill. What a good idea. I hope it catches on.

Update Reply
ballymary @ 11/05/2008 12:29  

great idea saw about 30 this weekend at nabd i work until 9.30 some friday evenings and get to rallies sometimes around midnight so this is going to be good for me.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 11/05/2008 17:58  

They have lots of differant sized tents planned if they make this a goer (erm it did not rain all of farmyard last year I was marshalling there and it may of seamed like it to some as it was the weekend of the floods which caused chaos for folk even getting there god bless my ex g/f for doing a u turn in Hull and getting me some nikwax for my new asda special tent that was more like a collender lol) and also bless Johnsons of Leeds in letting me purchase boots and a gortex coat bloody marvelous things them. http://www.carrynowtcamping.co.uk/index.html There is a mobile number off the web site for more info

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/05/2008 16:28  

all sounds good to me the less stuff i have to carry is more room for more beer. never heard of it before but i shall be using the service within the near future. I did see this year at NABD there was some people there renting tents which i thought was a good idea, someone else to put it up and take the bugger down.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 04/08/2008 12:01  

hullrider I have only just seen your post I hope you have taken your tent back to Asda as my friend had the same problem with her Asda tent and they gave her a full refund, gave her money back for her holiday and also gift vouchers (spl)

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 04/08/2008 17:06  

Well all I was offered was money back (so kept tent as a fully waterproofed backup now) think the nikwax was almost half as much again as the tent lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 04/08/2008 18:47  

well i have to say thanks for the info on the tents site i hope and wish them all the luck in the world with there new ventura and plan to use them alot the price is good enough and the less i have to carry the better means i can bring more important thing like another person or as i said before more booze.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/08/2008 10:37  

Bringing this back up to the front for those who haven't seen it. Yet again the link is broken, dunno what's going off with those lately. Not sure if it's the site or my computer.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/09/2011 16:55  

What a great idea. Thanks for bringing it back up to the front as I hadn't seen it let alone heard of it.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 02/09/2011 18:38  

I'm sure they've gone bust. There's a proposal to strike them off Companies House register, I believe.

Update Reply
desres @ 02/09/2011 23:00  

Has been done at T in the Park in Scotland for a few years now and works well also any tents that are abandoned by the once a year event goers are gathered up and given to the Red Cross for use in disasters and the like anywhere in the world. Cracking idea and helps out charities,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/09/2011 02:55  

Des, well that's a shame but I'm sure there are others who would be able to step into the gap. Looks like England needs another company to do the job, Celtic, that's an excellent use of unwanted tents. Perhaps those who go to rallies often would think of donating their tent when they upgrade to a bigger/better one, if they don't already?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/09/2011 00:44  

certainly the web site is no longer active.

What a shame

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/09/2011 08:06  

Thats such a shame. I had used them a couple of years ago. Fantastic service.

Good idea celtic.

Update Reply
Rhidragon @ 04/09/2011 08:37  

these tents were at stormin the castle this wkend,,,not sure what name they are trading under,,,but they are a lot more expensive,, mag might be able to supply full info!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2011 14:24  

Hiya Craig, lovely to see you at the weekend. It cost £75.00 per tent that was meant to sleep 4, however, to be honest it was very squished . There wasn't much room once we all got our bike gear in and luckily the couple next to us let us out some stuff in there spare room (thanks Jackie & Allan). I won't be doing it again - but each to their own

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 04/09/2011 21:27  

I used them for my first rally in Oxfordshire back in 2008 as part of a now defunct Biker Dating site. Such a good idea....

I was pitched up at Yorkie Pud this year, right next to the same tents, all set out in rows, and straight away, I thought Carry Nowt are still going strong. It's be a shame if they weren't....

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 04/09/2011 22:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email